Contract Pack: Advanced Progression - REPLACED

tjsnh

Another strange behaviour, seems it really doesn't like that i run parrallel missions.

Basically, Ship A does Mun then Minmus flybys, but it decides that my Minmus station, the only other orbiting vessel around Minmus, had done it.

"ebauche station" is not meant to return home. the little ship with Jeb was...

J9GPn0Z.png?1

I've tried about 10 times now, cancelling the contract & re-accepting.

The 2 days orbit doesn't get completed.

I tried transmitting something from space, made sure there were no other missions running, no other flights going on, made sure I landed the whole ship that got to orbit. nothing helps...

After I landed the ship & recovered, it stills asks to return the orbiter home. (Am I supposed to land @ KSC to get the contract ?)

Another strange behaviour, seems it really doesn't like that i run parrallel missions.

Basically, Ship A does Mun then Minmus flybys, but it decides that my Minmus station, the only other orbiting vessel around Minmus, had done it.

"ebauche station" is not meant to return home. the little ship with Jeb was...

http://i.imgur.com/J9GPn0Z.png?1

For tjsnh - The EnterSOI parameter you're using is the problem. It's not a VesselParameter, so it'll get met when any vessel goes in the Mun/Minmus SOIs (even if it's different vessels).

I tried transmitting something from space, made sure there were no other missions running, no other flights going on, made sure I landed the whole ship that got to orbit. nothing helps...

After I landed the ship & recovered, it stills asks to return the orbiter home. (Am I supposed to land @ KSC to get the contract ?)

tjsnh - I'd suggest moving the ReturnHome parameter into the same VesselParameterGroup as the other things, and giving it the completeInSequence=true flag. You can then remove the define attribute. That should simplify this contract and make it work more reliably.

I'm glad Nightingale is helping out. The pack has a lot of potential and gives a lot more realistic set of steps to space exploration.

Do you get the first completion done before heading back ?

The only other thing that caught me once was the lack of a pilot astronaut aboard.

Edited by Mokmo

Adding another one: Don't do the orbital docking onto something you'Re not ready to return to Kerbin immediately. Even if the ship was there before the acceptance of the mission, it can decide it's that one that must return...

Note : The contractconfigurator mod will be getting a significant update to 1.0 soon, and some of the features I've used will be removed (as they are obsolete).

Expect a MAJOR revision of this contract pack within the next week to account for the upcoming CC changes, and feedback I've got - and keep the feedback coming! The more people use and test, the more refined the contracts get! :)

Also - prereqs will be changing (simplified) based on feedback from some of you folks as well as my own playtesting. For example, a mission to "send a mission to land on the moon of another planet" will no longer require you to have completed "send a mission to land on another planet" to account for the fact that half a dozen people have told me that landing on gilly is always their first non-kerbin-moon landing, etc etc.

Edited by tjsnh

Mokmo, the 2-moon flyby is reworked from scratch in the new version (will be released this week) so you can do the two moons in either order, and uses entirely different logic - it might work better for what you're doing. Also, with the docking one - that's one of the ways to "cheat" the docking contract. There were tradeoffs in how I set that one up, and when there is a choice I usually err on the side of letting the player cheat rather than take the chance the contract will become unresponsive if something happens slightly out of order. I plan at some point to re-visit the docking contract.

Mokmo, the 2-moon flyby is reworked from scratch in the new version (will be released this week) so you can do the two moons in either order, and uses entirely different logic - it might work better for what you're doing. Also, with the docking one - that's one of the ways to "cheat" the docking contract. There were tradeoffs in how I set that one up, and when there is a choice I usually err on the side of letting the player cheat rather than take the chance the contract will become unresponsive if something happens slightly out of order. I plan at some point to re-visit the docking contract.

Glad you're working on it :D In the end it did the docking contract with two identical ships, a very Gemini approach

Really enjoying this contract pack! Feels like it should be part of the stock game.

Anyways, I'm having trouble getting this contract to complete. I pasted the relevant save file below, not sure what I'm doing wrong or if it might be a bug.

CONTRACT{
guid = 1d347ee8-9039-4d07-8e8d-4395699e13c8
type = ConfiguredContract
prestige = 1
seed = 246371369
state = Active
agent = Kerbin World-Firsts Record-Keeping Society
deadlineType = None
expiryType = Floating
values = 65520,0,15889.8297697306,63559.3190789223,18750,94,44.84,0,17582471.4440747,17560337.3693866,0,0
subtype = FirstMinFlyby
PARAM
{
name = Sequence
id = Sequence7001
state = Incomplete
values = 0,0,0,0,0
ContractIdentifier = FirstMinFlyby
title = Minmus Flyby
PARAM
{
name = VesselParameterGroup
id = VesselParameterGroup7001
enabled = False
state = Complete
values = 0,0,0,0,0
title =
define = Minmus
duration = 0
trackedVessel = ecc0a682-62e8-4d6e-ae80-33efd4ccc5a4
PARAM
{
name = HasCrew
id = HasCrew7001
state = Complete
disableOnStateChange = False
values = 0,0,0,0,0
allowStateReset = True
title = Crew: At least 1 Pilot
trait = Pilot
minCrew = 1
maxCrew = 2147483647
minExperience = 0
maxExperience = 5
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = ecc0a682-62e8-4d6e-ae80-33efd4ccc5a4
state = Complete
strength = STRONG
completionTime = 17560383.7436833
}
DOCKED_SUB_VESSEL
{
hash = 2922911676
strength = STRONG
}
DOCKED_SUB_VESSEL
{
hash = 3470680948
strength = STRONG
}
DOCKED_SUB_VESSEL
{
hash = 2522006515
strength = STRONG
}
DOCKED_SUB_VESSEL
{
hash = 2819546644
strength = STRONG
}
DOCKED_SUB_VESSEL
{
hash = 3637257050
strength = STRONG
}
}
PARAM
{
name = EnterSOI
id = EnterSOI7001
enabled = False
state = Complete
values = 0,0,0,0,0
body = 3
}
}
PARAM
{
name = VesselParameterGroup
id = VesselParameterGroup7002
state = Incomplete
values = 0,0,0,0,0
title =
define =
vessel = Minmus Flyby
duration = 0
PARAM
{
name = ReturnHome
id = ReturnHome7001
state = Incomplete
disableOnStateChange = False
values = 0,0,0,0,0
allowStateReset = True
title = Return home
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = ecc0a682-62e8-4d6e-ae80-33efd4ccc5a4
state = Complete
strength = STRONG
completionTime = 0
}
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = 8836641e-577f-48d0-98ed-b57e6f3a5478
state = Incomplete
strength = STRONG
}
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = f2eaa0f7-b8c9-4c7d-83b1-eaab023c8446
state = Incomplete
strength = STRONG
}
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = 9956c59c-ca5f-4950-8000-fdfb8c7513d9
state = Incomplete
strength = STRONG
}
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = 28463bb2-459a-4857-89a9-ec3425e82c6c
state = Incomplete
strength = STRONG
}
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = 6a3264bf-d7e6-410f-ab22-ffe8e4f4d60f
state = Incomplete
strength = STRONG
}
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = 30db7c2a-a00e-4a33-bfd9-146409c3f02c
state = Incomplete
strength = STRONG
}
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = bf55a636-d79f-4b80-a476-c566c4a45d18
state = Incomplete
strength = STRONG
}
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = 606b24b1-6676-4cb4-a494-ef3049477d22
state = Incomplete
strength = STRONG
}
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = 8677bab5-d481-43f1-9f7f-7c3360aeff8e
state = Incomplete
strength = STRONG
}
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = cbe1eea6-c08c-4384-bac9-a1cb6da5dff6
state = Incomplete
strength = STRONG
}
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = 43bad87a-4097-4343-9346-0c6302d116f4
state = Incomplete
strength = STRONG
}
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = 47392881-617e-437e-b1a3-1d007e79b9ac
state = Incomplete
strength = STRONG
}
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = 88523da4-f3c2-4d37-93d1-ab2b1d6d39f5
state = Incomplete
strength = STRONG
}
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = 7723e1bf-ec02-410f-a12f-70f440286872
state = Incomplete
strength = STRONG
}
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = 6b2051c9-40c6-4228-a780-d74e4ef36a0b
state = Incomplete
strength = STRONG
}
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = 0f6a1dd9-9140-40a5-b89d-a979acdeac61
state = Incomplete
strength = STRONG
}
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = b2fa9ae0-ed07-45f1-9c64-241dfc76aed7
state = Incomplete
strength = STRONG
}
VESSEL_STATS
{
vessel = c89d9612-71cc-4724-9652-a1f1d1f3dc9a
state = Incomplete
strength = STRONG
}
}
}
}
}

Really enjoying this contract pack! Feels like it should be part of the stock game.

Anyways, I'm having trouble getting this contract to complete. I pasted the relevant save file below, not sure what I'm doing wrong or if it might be a bug.

That one falls into a group where I changed how the "trigger" for completing the contract is scripted - should work better after the big update thats coming in a day or two.

You can simulate "dog" missions with Mystery Goo. (Supposed to have DeadlyReentry)

"Laika" - launch a goo canister into LKO, receive data transmission.

"Belka&Strelka" - launch a goo canister into LKO, safely return goo canister from orbit.

You can simulate "dog" missions with Mystery Goo. (Supposed to have DeadlyReentry)

"Laika" - launch a goo canister into LKO, receive data transmission.

"Belka&Strelka" - launch a goo canister into LKO, safely return goo canister from orbit.

I thought about that actually, and I have something similar on the roadmap. It's going to be "fly a science experiment [goo, or science lab jr, or maybe both] to X location and get science from it" , in playtesting it was found that there weren't enough missions that ask the player to actually do science - so I'll be adding something like that in.

Hey,

I m wondering if the HasCrew parameter works for your contracts?

Since I have to rewrite my contracts to prepare for CC 1.0, I tested a manned mission with a probe, and it completed without complaining about the lack of crew.

Wrote a report in the CC thread, do you experience the same issue? Otherwise it might just be my coding...

Hi... Great mod... Question though, is it expected that it would give me the EVA around Kerbin contract, before i've upgraded the Astronaut complex enough that i'm permitted to do eva's?

My guess is that he hasn't coded the upgrade as a prerequisite. Mine happened at aboutthe time i did the unlock so i can,t tell.

Hey,

I m wondering if the HasCrew parameter works for your contracts?

Since I have to rewrite my contracts to prepare for CC 1.0, I tested a manned mission with a probe, and it completed without complaining about the lack of crew.

Wrote a report in the CC thread, do you experience the same issue? Otherwise it might just be my coding...

"Works for me" :-)

Make sure you specify needing a pilot like my contracts do, I had problems without that extra line.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi... Great mod... Question though, is it expected that it would give me the EVA around Kerbin contract, before i've upgraded the Astronaut complex enough that i'm permitted to do eva's?

Kindof.

I debated a bit if I wanted to add in an extra requirement to need the upgraded AC before getting that contract (and I still might, in the next release) but decided it might help give the player more reason to upgrade the building. Similarly, I considered needing an upgraded tracking station for the Mun missions and so on. The next release that's coming out this week is going to be a big one, with a lot of the mission pre-reqs reworked completely, so I might still work this in.

Edited by tjsnh

I debated a bit if I wanted to add in an extra requirement to need the upgraded AC before getting that contract (and I still might, in the next release) but decided it might help give the player more reason to upgrade the building. Similarly, I considered needing an upgraded tracking station for the Mun missions and so on. The next release that's coming out this week is going to be a big one, with a lot of the mission pre-reqs reworked completely, so I might still work this in.

Ok, that sounds good... And it is a good excuse to upgrade a given building, if you have a contract that requires it. And, I'm eagerly awaiting your next release. It's things like this that give us reasons to do things in ksp, that we might otherwise have not done.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks man :)

I'm currently working with nightingale (who created the CC library that I use) to work out a few kinks in the scripting logic for the contracts that require "stay in orbit for X amount of time" , after that is done and working the next release should be just about ready.

Next big update is ready, running through a playtest. Should be posted late tonight, or thursday (I'll likely be "unplugged" for the whole day tomorrow, off doing "real life" stuff)

Has the issue with Orbiter vehicles not registered properly been fixed already? I tried this contract pack, but having not completed "Put first Kerbal into Orbit" in about 10 tries I gave up. The pack (or customcontracts?) keeps registering the debris from the craft being successfully returned to Kerbin, not the craft with the pilot in it. Could be a stagerecovery interference, but I'd rather play with that than this.

A thank-you to those who've sent me feedback and suggestions. Lots of good stuff coming in future updates :)

Also : 3000 downloads!!!

When I started this project, I honestly never expected more than 10 people to even look at it! Just amazing!

The "flyby" mission should complete as soon as you enter the SOI.

Also make sure your contract configurator plugin is at least at 7.8 , earlier versions won't work with some of these contracts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.