Contract Pack: Advanced Progression - REPLACED

tjsnh

OK! My free time has opened up finally, some of the IRL chaos has settled down.

An update for KSP 1.02 should be out this week. Expect a lot of changes, since a lot of these contracts were merged into the stock progression system. Also crafting this release as a "modular" pack, with different types of contracts placed into different config files, so if you don't want (for example) the repeatable contracts you can delete them easily without trying to parse the configs. It will also allow me to add updates easier in the future.

The pending update will have a dramatically scaled-back number of contracts (again, due to many being merged into stock) but will offer a new set of "routine spaceflight" missions to keep your skills sharp, and give you an excuse to keep using your designs. Space station contracts are removed in this version, and will be added (re-done from scratch) in the following update as a module. Also applying, as always, a good number of bug fixes.

Expect 4.0 to be a save-breaker update, due to how the contracts are being re-arranged.

Edited by tjsnh

FINALLY posted the 4.0 update for KSP 1.02.

Many apologies for the delays, I haven't had an entire day to dedicate to it for a while.

As always, thank you for the patience, and post any bugs in this thread or private message me.

Already on the roadmap. The next version will have missions for lander-probes instead of just flyby/orbit probes, I tend to flip back and forth between ways to script that sort of thing.

I'm working on a "space race" total-conversion mod, which this will be a part of, along with a 100% custom tech tree, and so on. I _FINALLY_ got the ok from the various parts-mod creators to re-distribute some of their parts that I'm using (as to avoid having it depend on 10 other mods), so it'll probably be sooner rather than later at this point. Though my plan is to keep each part separate so they can be used individually if folks don't want to go the "total conversion" route.

Take a look at the Unmanned Contracts, it has a number of impact type missions

LinuxGuruGamer

yes, it's finally here. will give it a try right away!

thanks for all the hard work mate.

just a quick question:

is this compatible with other contract mods (contract packs for scansat, stations / contract configurator) ?

Edited by Kab00mBaby

Hi Walker,

I had both running on 0.9 without problems, so i would assue it will not break the game as the whole mechanic is based on an addon (contract configurator) it could in the worst case break the contract function but i doubt it highly. I also have both now but did not start a carrer for now.

It it would break the contracts function just remove it again.

Hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Andrew,

This is not necessary. They will just appear alongside

Have fun

Should we clear out contracts even if we didn't have Advanced Progression installed before?

If it's a "fresh" install of the contract pack, you're fine. Just be aware that loading the contract pack mid-career will make you "do-over" some of your early missions to get the contracts caught up with your current progress. The contract for your "first EVA" won't actually be your first ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Is it compatibile with planet packs? I play with Outer Planets Mod. I don't expect contracts for additional planets - I'm afraid that installing both mods would brake the game.

"Compatible" in that neither will break the other - however I don't have contracts in for any of the planet packs (there are many) so for example, you won't get the repeatable "send a manned mission to ..." contracts for the extra planets/moons, and one or two of the "send your first mission to another planet" type contracts won't trigger if you go to one of the extra/addon ones. The way the contracts are scripted, planets/moons are named individually rather than using any kind of "ANY" modifier - you won't run into any compatibility issues, just heed the disclaimer that flying to KalamazooPlanet won't trigger the "fly to any planet" contracts, etc. :)

Edited by tjsnh

If it's a "fresh" install of the contract pack, you're fine. Just be aware that loading the contract pack mid-career will make you "do-over" some of your early missions to get the contracts caught up with your current progress. The contract for your "first EVA" won't actually be your first ;)

<snipped>

Thanks, that shouldn't be a problem as I'm not to far in this career. I've only just unlocked EVA's, as a matter of fact.

I'd like to suggest that you reduce the maxCompletions for the Routine contracts to just 2-5. They currently seem to take precedence over normal stock contracts, but don't net me any science (which is important for early game), so they're just kind of in the way. I love the actual contracts, I just think they repeat too much:wink:

Bug report:

I flew up 3 Kerbals for the "Launch three Kerbals to orbit!" contract. One pilot and two scientists, and this is what happens once I brought the craft home:

Z1F4xs9.png

Also, why does the Land on the Mun contract require a pilot? I've been sending down a scientist so far so I can restore one-time-use experiments, at least until I build a 2-person lander.

I'd like to suggest that you reduce the maxCompletions for the Routine contracts to just 2-5. They currently seem to take precedence over normal stock contracts, but don't net me any science (which is important for early game), so they're just kind of in the way. I love the actual contracts, I just think they repeat too much:wink:

How often they show up will depend heavily on what other contract packs you have installed (if any) as well as if you have any of the major contract types disabled.

The "manned landing on ....." contracts are only offered once per biome (Planet X has 7 biomes, you'll get the contract 7 times), the "launch a crew to orbit" should be the only ones that don't have a set number of offerings.

- - - Updated - - -

Bug report:

I flew up 3 Kerbals for the "Launch three Kerbals to orbit!" contract. One pilot and two scientists, and this is what happens once I brought the craft home:

http://imgur.com/Z1F4xs9.png

Can you send a screenshot of your contracts pane mid-flight so I can see what is green and what is red?

Also, why does the Land on the Mun contract require a pilot? I've been sending down a scientist so far so I can restore one-time-use experiments, at least until I build a 2-person lander.

Good catch - that's a hold-over from an old version, I'll adjust it in the next patch.

And the contract fails to complete after you land?

Hmm.

Mind posting a screenshot of your ship? All I can think of is that it's confused about what part needs to land.

I tested the trio mission a few times without any issues - do the solo and/or duo crew missions give you the same issue?

And the contract fails to complete after you land?

Hmm.

Mind posting a screenshot of your ship? All I can think of is that it's confused about what part needs to land.

I tested the trio mission a few times without any issues - do the solo and/or duo crew missions give you the same issue?

Neither solo nor duo missions give the same problem.

I'll post the simplest ship that I used:

sSU2Mql.png

Craft file: http://pastebin.com/yFRU3r42 (I think KW is the only mod expressed in that ship).

EDIT: For the Manned Mun Landing contract, does it require the same ship to land and then return to Kerbin? I notice that Apollo-style vessels can make 3/4 of the parameters, then fail to return home (and thus the Plant Flag resets) as the lander and return capsule are separate.

Edited by jordanjay29

Neither solo nor duo missions give the same problem.

I'll post the simplest ship that I used:

http://i.imgur.com/sSU2Mql.png

Craft file: http://pastebin.com/yFRU3r42 (I think KW is the only mod expressed in that ship).

EDIT: For the Manned Mun Landing contract, does it require the same ship to land and then return to Kerbin? I notice that Apollo-style vessels can make 3/4 of the parameters, then fail to return home (and thus the Plant Flag resets) as the lander and return capsule are separate.

That ship looks pretty simple. Let me do some testing later today and see what I can find.

Re: Apollo-style missions, I worked with the developer of the CC library to get those contracts scripted to specifically allow apollo-style landing missions. If you dock the lander with the return-capsule, it should transfer it's "completed-ness" to the return capsule (with some minor caveats, like docking with a third craft won't transfer it, etc).

That ship looks pretty simple. Let me do some testing later today and see what I can find.

Re: Apollo-style missions, I worked with the developer of the CC library to get those contracts scripted to specifically allow apollo-style landing missions. If you dock the lander with the return-capsule, it should transfer it's "completed-ness" to the return capsule (with some minor caveats, like docking with a third craft won't transfer it, etc).

That's odd. I noticed the Plant a Flag parameter completed once I sent Jeb to put one out, but by the time I got docked, and returned the capsule to Kerbin the Plant the Flag was unchecked.

I do de-orbit my Mun landers before I leave Munar orbit, perhaps this is why?

Is "Launch a kerbal into orbit" included in this contract pack? This contract is sort of broken. Once it binds to the specific vessel there is no way to complete this contract with another. Yes I had a mistake when switched to my space station before making the contract. And since int was in orbit, its periapsis was higher than 70km and it had a pilot onboard - the contract just decided to complete the first "make an orbit" part of it. And then when I launched another rocket into orbit and returned it: the game didn't want to complete my contract.

If you don't want to store a list of acceptable vessels instead of the single one: just write a warning note that the next active craft should be purposed for this mission or so.

Here, I took some screenshots (for the Minmus mission, but same difference) that shows what happens. Even the docked return capsule loses the Plant Flag status.

http://imgur.com/kPTDiUS,OgK5GVD,nzDber3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.