[1.1.2]AoA Tech Aviation Parts Ver. 1.3.5 PRE 04MAY2016

martinezfg11

8otl0Kz.png

Please delete the AoATech folder prior to updating

New and improved! The MK2 Cockpit expansion has been revamped!

Version 1.3.1 is up! See below for changelog.

Download on SpaceDock [FOR KSP 1.0.5 ONLY]

Download on CurseForge [FOR KSP 1.0.5 ONLY]

Grab your pre-release HERE

Dependencies - 

ASET Props

ASET Avionics

Rasterprop Monitor

Mod Compatibility:

FAR: I've tested almost exclusively with FAR, I've had no issues as of yet. Please report any issues.

BDArmory: Drones have built in AI capabilities.

Changelog:

Changelog:

1.0: Initial Release

1.1: Revamped textures; redesigned "Cobra" cockpit model; added new 2 seat cockpit "KU-47"; converted textures to DDS; Revamped internals.

1.2: Added new drone cockpit; Replaced "Falken" model with "Falken Intake"; Did some retexturing; Some config polishing; Added MM for FAR and BDArmory; Added craft files.

1.2.1: Added Modified FAR_Config with updated mass values. Thanks to AccidentalDissasembly for the pointers!

1.2.5: 
Added Parts:
- Added 0.625m nosecone; Designed to fit the MK2 Cobra Cockpit
- Added new control surface

Modified Parts:
- Numerous changes to MK2 Cobra Cockpit
- Temporarily removed MK2 Cobra normal map

Made some small changes to MM configs.

1.3:
Added Part:
-Added Falken: Spaceplane edition.

-1.0.5 update

1.3.1:
Added Parts:
- Revamped KU47 cockpit. See the "legacy" folder for the old part of you still prefer the older model.

- Added new MK1 cockpit modeled off of the F-18 Hornet.

- Added F22-ish engine with 2D vectoring capabilities. NOTE: This part requires KM_GIMBAL (Bundled with mod)

- Some config changes, nothing too spectacular.

- Changed names on some parts, so if your old craft files don't work then, thats why.

To Do/Planned List:

To Do/Planned List:

- Revamp existing internals: Transition to ASET props and remove B9 dependency.

- Create internals for MK1 cockpit

- Emissive animations for MK22-Vector engine

- Consolidate IVA textures for memory savings

- Config balancing

- Maybe add some new parts.

- Upload updated pictures.

- I'm open to more suggestions.

License:

88x31.png

Edited by martinezfg11
Logo

I wasn't going for stockalike on the drone.

I may be just speaking for myself, but I think that turns a lot of us away from it. You can do details, but still have it fit the stock aesthetic, because those are the parts you use it with.

Interesting look, will give these a go tonight :) I think I have to agree with others that ideally textures need to blend in with stock because... well, what else are we going to stick the parts onto? ^^;

uhmm what mod did you use for the front landing gear?

Looks awesome

The front gear in the pictures is just the stock landing gear, I just tucked it up into the fuselage, the rear ones are from BahamutoD's adjustable landing gear mod.

I just love the fact that you've got a full interior right off the bat. That's awesome.

Thanks! IVA's are actually pretty fun to make.

Nice! Would be cool if it matched the mk2 textures more. Any chance we can expect a very wide FOV cockpit? Like Arado had?

blog-ar-234_mg_9795_edited-1.jpg

I would enjoy something like that a lot. Would be cool to see whats underneath your feet while landing

E: OK nevermind its been done already.

Edited by Veeltch

If you were to make fighter plane style cockpits and nose cones in the Mk1 and Oblong (Firespitter) form factors, I would be exceptionally grateful. Mocking those parts up is a huge time sink when you're making realistic planes!

If you were to make fighter plane style cockpits and nose cones in the Mk1 and Oblong (Firespitter) form factors, I would be exceptionally grateful. Mocking those parts up is a huge time sink when you're making realistic planes!

I could probably do that in the future. Right now I'm refining some stuff and want to finish the 2 seater I'm working on before I release the next version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice! Though I agree, at least changing the shade of grey to match the stock would be a very good idea. Maybe also moving the panel lines near the connector to mesh with the stock parts as well.

But very good! I've been wanting some MK2 with bigger windows.

Nice! Would be cool if it matched the mk2 textures more. Any chance we can expect a very wide FOV cockpit? Like Arado had?

https://travelforaircraft.files.wordpress.com/2070/10/blog-ar-234_mg_9795_edited-1.jpg

I would enjoy something like that a lot. Would be cool to see whats underneath your feet while landing

E: OK nevermind its been done already.

Are you referring to firespitter or something else?