[1.1.2]AoA Tech Aviation Parts Ver. 1.3.5 PRE 04MAY2016

martinezfg11

• 1 month later...
Excellent.

Many thanks for the mod and all of the support.

Cheers.

Thanks, I forgot to add that for full functionality the B9 props are required.

Running the mod without B9 will just have some parts of the cockpits that are less than functional.

I've been sitting on this request for a while, but you look like the right kind of guy for it.

A Mk. 2 inline cockpit that doesn't look ugly. With RPM compatibility. I'd suggest starting by making the bubble have a flat top, then straightening some of the curves, and totally re-doing the window shape.

I've been sitting on this request for a while, but you look like the right kind of guy for it.

A Mk. 2 inline cockpit that doesn't look ugly. With RPM compatibility. I'd suggest starting by making the bubble have a flat top, then straightening some of the curves, and totally re-doing the window shape.

I haven't considered making an inline cockpit, I could probably take a stab at it though.. If you have any reference pictures or doodles that would be of great help.

these look perfect for a SU-34 like plane :D

I used the SU-34 as a main reference when I was making the KU-47.

The most recent development from AoA Technologies.

Presenting the KQ-05 Kerbin Hawk

CUH4Sv0.png?1

037kz5I.png?1

Initial texturing is complete. I just need to work on some quirks, for some reason the back plate curved :/

Working on configs right now.

Really like the drone, what are the specs of it?

It's really just a drone core, I plan to integrate the part to use one of the external camera mods I've seen on the forums.

Maybe it will also have the ability to collect atmo science, but I don't know yet. I kind of just want to get the part finished first.

Really nice models :)

However, I do not see the Lift Surface parameter in their description. Moreover, CoL is shifted a bit backwards compared to stock Mk2 cockpit (absence of Lift Surface?).

Edited by Horus
update

Really nice models :)

However, I do not see the Lift Surface parameter in their description. Moreover, CoL is shifted a bit backwards compared to stock Mk2 cockpit (absence of Lift Surface?).

Are you using FAR? FAR doesn't use ModuleLiftingSurface as far as I know. I have a MM cfg that disables it if FAR is detected.

I just looked through all the .cfg's and it seems like the "falken" part is missing that line. I'll add that in the next update.

But the other two parts should have it if you are using Stock Aero.

The parts here are really nice, but to better match that stock feel I think you need more dirt on the texturing - add some darkening around panel lines and such, they look a little too clean at the moment while the stock ones have lots of variation in tone to suggest weathering and different materials. Give them a little more texture polish and these parts will be absolutely beautiful, the models are great already and they make for really stylish planes.

Nice work!

I haven't considered making an inline cockpit, I could probably take a stab at it though.. If you have any reference pictures or doodles that would be of great help.

I used the SU-34 as a main reference when I was making the KU-47.

What was the reference on the Cobra cockpit?

The parts here are really nice, but to better match that stock feel I think you need more dirt on the texturing - add some darkening around panel lines and such, they look a little too clean at the moment while the stock ones have lots of variation in tone to suggest weathering and different materials. Give them a little more texture polish and these parts will be absolutely beautiful, the models are great already and they make for really stylish planes.

Nice work!

Thanks for the CC! I'm still quite new at texturing, but I will definitely take your recommendations into consideration.

What was the reference on the Cobra cockpit?

I didn't really have a reference for that. I did however, use the E-6B Prowler's canopy as a loose reference. Which is why the canopy has that really thick "B" pillar.

uhm just to let you know this screws up installs if you have B9 and/or OPT installed...

more specificlly if you have the FAR.cfg that's in the file.

when installed with B9/OPT CoL is on floor and none of the wings with control-surfaces inbuilt work at all. neither do the right click menus open up. if you remove the FAR.cfg file though it fixes it.

dunno how helpful this is on people with FAR but people having trouble with this mod and OPT/B9 might like this tid-bit of info.

took me 4 days and 17 hours to find this bugger... very happy my install works now :P

uhm just to let you know this screws up installs if you have B9 and/or OPT installed...

when installed with B9/OPT CoL is on floor and none of the wings with control-surfaces inbuilt work at all. neither do the right click menus open up. if you remove the FAR.cfg file though it fixes it.

dunno how helpful this is on people with FAR but people having trouble with this mod and OPT/B9 might like this tid-bit of info.

took me 4 days and 17 hours to find this bugger... very happy my install works now :P

I'll look at the FAR_config.cfg, do you have a copy of the output log?

maybe... i'll try get it up somewhere...

ok... i don't. because i forgot i deleted the output.log after i fixed it cuz i found out it was the FAR_config.cfg

doh sorry :P

oh might want to add i had to go through 5 clean install.

until you find out what's going on you might just wanna type in the OP that there is something werid going on.

Edited by AntiMatter001

Can someone elaborate for me what "B9/OPT CoL" means? I understand the Centre of Thrust part and I know what B9 is, just have no clue what OPT is.

Cheers,

These look amazing! Keep it up!

-

Just a suggestion: maybe the tandem cockpit could look a bit more 'practical' if the canopy were stretched back a bit. It kinda looks like a one-seat cockpit due to it's length. Here's what I mean by stretching back the canopy: The canopy on this KAI T-50 goes past the intakes.

149662_big.jpg

Other than that these look great! :)

These look amazing! Keep it up!

-

Just a suggestion: maybe the tandem cockpit could look a bit more 'practical' if the canopy were stretched back a bit. It kinda looks like a one-seat cockpit due to it's length. Here's what I mean by stretching back the canopy: The canopy on this KAI T-50 goes past the intakes.

Other than that these look great! :)

Good suggestion, I'm not gonna lie to you though; modifying the cockpit sounds like a nightmare I'm not willing to undertake..

In other news here's an updated pic of the "Kerbin Hawk"

Like always, texture is WIP.

Ry4YXlI.png?1

Edited by martinezfg11
Pics