[1.1.2]AoA Tech Aviation Parts Ver. 1.3.5 PRE 04MAY2016

martinezfg11

58 minutes ago, martinezfg11 said:

Hey guys, working on some IVA's prior to my 1.1 release. Here's a teaser, it's a rough blockout still:

Spoiler

pgLcSza.jpg

Are you considering making any custom pages with that many MFDs? Since many RL data are not available with ASET or RPM MFDs stuff like dynamic pressure, Mach, flap/spoil state and thrust vs throttle. I don't know if its up your alley, but a nice screen like the old B9 APFD:ADI shown here. Otherwise I would really appreciate some gauges for info not available on a MFD page. IVA is looking great!

I dream of the day someone integrates BDArmory radar stuff into a MFD page, but a plugin would have to be made for them to talk. 

Edited by Svm420

3 hours ago, commanderbunbun said:

Hey, I love your cockpits. I used them in my fighters. If I may suggest a cockpit interior for your Hornet cockpit: VF-0 cockpit. As well, you should make two varieties of the same cockpit, a single seater and twin seater version.

I'm actively working the IVA for the Hornet, see one of my posts above. 

16 hours ago, martinezfg11 said:

Why do Kerbals have such big heads?? Hornet IVA progress below.

Your hornet cockpit is my favorite of your designs. What (if any) mods will you integrate with the IVA? ASET? RPM?

4 minutes ago, CrisK said:

Your hornet cockpit is my favorite of your designs. What (if any) mods will you integrate with the IVA? ASET? RPM?

It will definitely use both ASET RPM, and a flavor of my own props.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 2:28 AM, martinezfg11 said:

Hi, I used this tutorial to add airlocks and ladders to my parts. 

Edit: So all you do is add a cube or cylinder collider, then add the appropriate layer and tag IAW the link above. Then you can do the same with a ladder, now the tricky part is getting the hatch and ladder to line up just right so your Kerbal can get on the ladder upon exiting the hatch.

Also look at this video.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:27 AM, martinezfg11 said:

Hey guys, working on some IVA's prior to my 1.1 release. Here's a teaser, it's a rough blockout still:

pgLcSza.jpg

@martinezfg11 is this the video that you used to make your IVA's or did you use something else?

Just now, TMasterson5 said:

@martinezfg11 is this the video that you used to make your IVA's or did you use something else?

Yeah, notice the video says PT.2. There's 3 in total just find it on @nli2work's youtube channel. Those videos are the main sources I used for making IVA's when I started as far as unity setup and configs.

If you need more help just PM me.

1 minute ago, martinezfg11 said:

Yeah, notice the video says PT.2. There's 3 in total just find it on @nli2work's youtube channel. Those videos are the main sources I used for making IVA's when I started as far as unity setup and configs.

If you need more help just PM me.

I looked up the first video and saw that it is an hour long and then came back here to ask you that. I was afraid you were gonna say that haha Thanks man!

Just now, TMasterson5 said:

I looked up the first video and saw that it is an hour long and then came back here to ask you that. I was afraid you were gonna say that haha Thanks man!

It's worth every minute. Here's some main things to note about IVA's

Make the center of your IVA the same as the center of your exterior part - I solve this by making my IVA with a copy of my external model, which is super important especially now with transparent IVA's.

Make a Gameobject inside Unity and make your object a child of that Gameobject, then rotate it 180 degrees on the Y axis

Your Kerbal transforms need to be Z forward (which means also rotated) and lower than the seated position, that you will learn with trial and error.

The depth mask doesn't need to compass your exterior model, it just needs to hide what you don't want visible in the IVA. 

Once you "write" your IVA part then you will need to bring it in using the KSP Part Tools to put props on it, which will mean you need a config first.

Hey everyone, currently working on the next update. The update will include new IVA's, optimized colliders, dependency removal and additions.

Oh and a new part.

Edited by martinezfg11
No Sketchfab support?!

5 hours ago, martinezfg11 said:

Hey everyone, currently working on the next update. The update will include new IVA's, optimized colliders, dependency removal and additions.

Oh and a new part.

Wow that's gonna be the next cockpit I use when rebuilding my Rafale replica

15 hours ago, martinezfg11 said:

Oh and a new part.

Cool! Can't wait.

1 hour ago, RevanCorana said:

Cant wait for Das Cobro update! it looks just too epic

Thanks, I'm currently trudging along with IVA's and updating textures. Along with a plethora of other stuff.

I've poured tons of time into this mod hopefully I can have something released soon-ish.

2 hours ago, martinezfg11 said:

I've poured tons of time into this mod  hopefully I can have something released soon-ish.

I like how the cockpits look both real and kerbal. :)

Cheers

Alright, so updating this mod is going slower than I want it to.

But, some things are still usable. So I'm putting a pre-release on GitHub in case anyone wants to try out the new stuff. Things will be changing almost daily.

https://github.com/martinezfg11/AoA-Technologies/releases/tag/1.3.5

Dependencies-

ASET Props

ASET Avionics

Rasterprop Monitor

The Rafale cockpit is beautiful. Thank you so much for all of these fighter cockpits actually. It is so hard to create them with just basic parts. I used to build a ton of fighters long ago but eventually got tired of how ugly the cockpits I made looked.

Now I can get my groove going again :cool: