Dakitess Corporation : Stock Cinematic Showcases ! [Update : 4k SSTO Mun Mission, my masterpiece]

Hey there,

I'm not familiar with this official forum of KSP, but I am well known by the french community and I think my contribution could interrest some of you, so... Here I am !

To briefly introduce myself, I'm a an addict to KSP, fully Stock Player (I even give up Kerbcam to find back the typical static view of the game). Not that I'm anti-mod, I find them really interresting and incredibly well made regarding KSP, but I would spend even more time if I had the possibilty to use hinges, ressources, advanced mechanism... No no, keep them far from me !

Moreover it is for me a challenge to innovate further than even SQUAD could have think about, to create and design things in other way that there were meant to be done. Yeah, innovation should be the best word to describe my goal in KSP :)

I already have a hundred pages full of pics with all my creations, that you can find here : http://www.kerbalspaceprogram.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=523&start=1060

You can navigate through the pages, it is in French so not really interresting but I always use to illustrate my words with clean screenshot :)

Enough blablabla, let's present some of my last creation and I'll start by a few videos :

Stock Aerial refuelling :

Using TT-70 Decouplers as homemade suspensions :

A full single launch modular station (3 épisodes, here is the second) :

An aesthetic and modular bomber with advanced nuke rocketry :

One of my favourite launcher, fully made to be aesthetic while massive and functionnal :

These are a few of them, please consider checking my Youtube Channel to see more. I'm not here just to make an add, but to receive feedback and try to integrate the large english-speaking community !

Hope you'll enjoy, see ya soon :)

Edited by Dakitess
New Title :)

Glad you liked it :) I made a full description of it with pics and words, available here :

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/94712-Dakitess-Corporation-DC-Scale-%28Aesthetic-huge-launcher%29

I think the best is to use only one topic for creation, pics and vids, no ? Do not hesitate to tell me if i'm doing something wrong regarding the rules or the uses ^^

Here is a small imgur album to see more about the refuelling arm of the DC - Flow (first video of the topic)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Everything is based on the well known flexibilty of the TT-70 when arranged in chain. But there is also all a set of legs in order to keep 2 positions, deployed or not :)

Edited by Dakitess

• 5 months later...

An Imgur Album of my last huge SSTO that might interest you :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Also, my Mun And Back mission with lots of visual mods for a whole beautiful video, at least to me ^^

And a short demonstration of the DC - Hirondelle evolving between the KSC building with lot of agility :

Edited by Dakitess

• 2 months later...

Well, no feedback at all ? ^^ Thought it would maybe interest some of you ! Anyway here is the last one, even shorter so that you might want to give it a look :

You'll see 2 DC - Hunters flying side by side and doing some Top Gun Stuff ;)

Everything is fully stock except for the graphics aspect ^^

Enjoy !

• 5 months later...

Here is my last video ! A cinematic based on the ExoMars mission, that I wanted to reproduce as precisely as I could while being stock :)

Here It is ! Be sure to use 1080p and turn on Sound :) Took me quite a lot of time, so... Feeback appreciated !

Edited by Dakitess

• 1 year later...

Well, not much enthousiasm here :P

Maybe this one will be appreciated ! Took me a bit more than 40 hours to create and optimize this full stock launcher, capable of 100% reusability, with some innovative methods I think :wink: 

I really hope you'll like it, I did my best here, and any constructiv feedback would be appreciated !

Thank you for watching :)

Consider me thoroughly impressed. In terms of both appearance and functionality, that's got to be one of my favourite stock launch vehicles I've ever seen. The video was excellent too, and landing on the launch pad was quite a display of piloting expertise.

Wow. Just... wow. That's Korolev staging. Aesthetically pleasing Korolev staging. Aesthetically pleasing, reusable Korolev staging. Aesthetically pleasing, reusable Korolev staging presented in a video with really high production value. Consider me impressed.

Wow i'm very glad that you enjoyed the craft and the video edit itself !

It became my favourite craft even if I had to test it sooooo many hours haha. Very reliable and efficient while not using a single asparagus montage, and very fun to land each part :)

Yeah really, thank you for your feedback, do not hesitate to point out any things you would improve !

Just in addition, since you probably won't read french, the third stage is also reusable, using a high speed deceleration from very high and energetic trajectory, capable of returning from mun without heatshield, thank to its resistant rear parts and extra fuel to reduce the velocity at key moment.

I want to show the payload itself, which took me hours and hours as well, it is an all-in-one compact station, scoring 250 parts, and which need to be reassemble in orbit to shape a compact and complete station. But I doubt i'll have the time to do a proper showcase, so il will probably be a Twitch Live that I will record... But in french :s

Anyway, any other comments are welcome of course, and maybe a day I'll join the team of "Epic Engineers" :D

1 hour ago, Dakitess said:

I want to show the payload itself, which took me hours and hours as well, it is an all-in-one compact station, scoring 250 parts, and which need to be reassemble in orbit to shape a compact and complete station. But I doubt i'll have the time to do a proper showcase, so il will probably be a Twitch Live that I will record... But in french :s

I think many people on the forums would be satisfied with screenshots if you don't have the time to record a video about the payload. It certainly looked to be a very interesting payload from what the most recent video showed, and your designs definitely have a unique appearance that's quite aesthetically pleasing.

Moreover it is for me a challenge to innovate further than even SQUAD could have think about, to create and design things in other way that there were meant to be done. Yeah, innovation should be the best word to describe my goal in KSP :)

@Dakitess I completly agree. That is exactly what keeps bringing me to KSP time and time again. It is challenging though, the game is so damn versatile! :)

I haven't had time to look at your videos yet, but they seem interesting, especially the suspension, which I've heard of but never actually tried to make.

Let's hope you'll enjoy then ! :)

Btw, I forgot to say that this last craft, the massive launcher, is available to dowlnoad here !

http://hangar.kerbalspaceprogram.fr/?showcraft=413

Since it is a french Platform, just follow me : first, hover your mouse in the upper right corner, on the altimeter-ish (which is in fact the number of downloads). Then Something shoud show up, and you'll have a big green button untitled "TELECHARGER" which is the french translation of "Download".

Here you are, .craft is yours !

• 1 month later...

Hey there, I promised to show you some pics of the payload, the all-in-one Station.

Here are my first attempts of KVV, for some very (VERY) detailed pics ! Please clic on thèses pics and once again on the website to see the full size.

Just a small warning : they weights between 8 and 21mo :P

mini_170508094714571580.png

mini_170508094811649718.png

mini_17050809484713376.png

mini_170508094851867366.png

mini_170508094849480754.png

Please do not hesitate to give me any constructive feedback ! :)

Edited by Dakitess

• 4 years later...

here it is ! I've made a Teaser-ish for our own BDA tournament, based on the craft that had been used during the Season 02. It's 4k, FullScreen with loud sound, enjoy, any feedback appreciated ! :)  

Edited by Dakitess

• 5 months later...

My masterpiece is here ! I'm really proud to present the DeltaVee in a short and dense showcase, with a lot of care on editing and rythm !

Hope you'll like it, the video description explains it all if necessary and I would be pleased to give further details of course. 

Feel free to give any constructive feedback of course ! I suggest FullScreen and max quality your device can handle, as well as SOUND ON, it's important ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.