Mechjeb2 not working

Hi,

I'm running KSP 0.90.0.705 Beta and I tried to install Mechjeb2.

I downloaded it from curse: http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/220221-mechjeb#t1:description

and extracted the files from the zip into the gamedata.

Nothing happens in game and there are no extra parts in the builder.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Im playing in sandbox btw

Edit : now that the first post is back ...

If you play in sandbox mode you should have a new part (AR202) in the control categories.

In science/career you have to unlock the part.

Edited by sarbian

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kind of having the same problem; I have the latest versions of both KSP and MechJeb, am playing in sandbox, but while I have the parts, I do not have the button to access any of MechJeb's windows. On another thread someone mentioned moving KSP out of /program files, but did not mention to where. I tried it in /program files (86), but it just slowed down and didn't give me any new windows.

Actually, I've had this problem with every mod I've installed: I see parts but no functionality changes. I'm hoping the solution works for them all.

Am I forgetting any details needed to help?

On another thread someone mentioned moving KSP out of /program files, but did not mention to where. I tried it in /program files (86), but it just slowed down and didn't give me any new windows.

Somewhere like c:\games should work fine.

Bob, did you drag the mechjeb2 folder into your gamedata folder, or the contents of the mechjeb2 folder into gamedata?

• 1 month later...

I never saw this reply until just now, but did as you suggested, and I think it might have worked. MechJeb is actually not updated for 1.0.2, so I can't see if that works, but another mod, TweakScale, is now working. Thanks!

I never saw this reply until just now, but did as you suggested, and I think it might have worked. MechJeb is actually not updated for 1.0.2, so I can't see if that works, but another mod, TweakScale, is now working. Thanks!

Actually Mechjeb is working in 1.0.2, the current dev version (2.5.0.0 build 444) can be found here: http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/ I've been using it myself and it's working fine. I understand that it's going to be pushed to a full release soon-ish

Actually Mechjeb is working in 1.0.2, the current dev version (2.5.0.0 build 444) can be found here: http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/ I've been using it myself and it's working fine. I understand that it's going to be pushed to a full release soon-ish

I downloaded the latest stable version, have the MechJeb2 folder in the gamedata folder and have the MechJeb module available to put onto my craft. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be drawing power even though it says it's available. It also is not giving me any MechJeb windows.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.