[1.8.x] Contract Reward Modifier [v2.7] [11/1/2019]

DMagic

[quote name='gerishnakov']Is this working in 1.0.5? I just tried to alter some contracts I'd already accepted and nothing happened when I clicked Apply to All.[/QUOTE]

I haven't actually checked it beyond making sure there were no API changes that would break it.

It should be working, but I'll check it out more thoroughly this weekend. Did you make sure the "Apply to Active Contracts" toggle was activated? Otherwise the changes will only apply to new contracts.

Version 2.1 is out; get it on [URL="https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/646"]Kerbal Stuff[/URL].

It has been updated for KSP 1.0.5.

The only significant change is that it will not apply the contract decline penalty for contracts that are blocked because they are over the limit set by this. It also updates the default config file with all of the new contract and parameter types and removes all of the deprecated types. There is also a bit less log spam when new contract and parameter types are found.

• 5 weeks later...

I have this installed via CKAN, and seem that the slides do nothing... saying Ver 2.1 is installed.

I have changed sliders on tests, then check the contracts and no change though i did on restart change a offered contract from 8 to 1 science when i have science set to 150% so not sure what is happening, even tried reloading...

Though it seem it just set the sciences i did have offered from original values all to 1 lol.. Could be user error on my part not sure though.

Edited by QuantumX

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2015 at 6:10 PM, QuantumX said:

I have this installed via CKAN, and seem that the slides do nothing... saying Ver 2.1 is installed.

I have changed sliders on tests, then check the contracts and no change though i did on restart change a offered contract from 8 to 1 science when i have science set to 150% so not sure what is happening, even tried reloading...

Though it seem it just set the sciences i did have offered from original values all to 1 lol.. Could be user error on my part not sure though.

Do you have it set to alter active contracts? Did you adjust the science return for the (part?) test contract, or the test parameter, or both?

It should be working correctly, I'm not aware of any problems, other than some weirdness that can happen if you repeatedly toggle the alter active contracts option on and off while changing values.

If you keep having problems can you send me your log files (KSP.log, or output_log.txt)?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@BNG Does it only happen when you first start KSP, the first time you are at the SpaceCenter? There is some problem with the initial startup that causes the window to freak out, but it seems to be working fine after changing to another scene. I'll see about a fix when KSP 1.1.1 is out.

• 3 months later...

I am trying to use this with RP-0 and Historical Contracts for RSS. I increase the contract duration to 1000% in global settings. I click apply to all contracts. I click save to config. But all new contracts I get have the same default duration they had before using the mod.

• 1 month later...

Version 2.4 is out; get it on Space Dock.

It has been updated for KSP 1.2, and it has updated the Toolbar wrapper. It ignores the contract weighting mechanism when automatically blocking stock contract offers. The contract limits don't apply to Contract Configurator contracts.

This fixes support for Contract Configurator, but changes will only be applied when the contract is actually accepted. And the new values may not be visible until after a scene change.

To be clear, there are a few ways the Contract Reward Modifier works.

By default it won't affect stock or CC contracts that are already active, and it won't affect stock contracts that have been already offered. It will affect newly offered stock contracts and newly accepted CC contracts.

When the "Alter Active Contracts" toggle is switched on it will affect all stock and CC active contracts, all stock offered contracts, and all newly offered stock contracts, and newly accepted CC contracts. The displayed values for contracts may not be affected until after a scene change.

• 5 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, DMagic said:

Anything in specific not working, or is it just not working at all? I thought I did a quick check for 1.2.1, but I might have forgotten about it.

I cant seem to get it to alter any contract rewards. I thought maybe Strategia might be interfering so I took it out, but same result. I'm going to check to see if I have any other contract mods that could be causing issues.

Update: @DMagic I cant seem to find anything that could be conflicting, only mods I have that affect contracts is your Capcom, Strategia, and contract configurator. I'll try on a fresh install tomorrow.

Edited by DeathProphet
Update

@DMagic So I tested with fresh install of 1.2.1, no other mods installed, same result, no contract modifications to active or offered. I tried with apply to active, without it, save to config, tried saving, restarting, anything I could think of. Hope I'm not making some simple user error, but I can't think of anything I might be missing. Thanks for all your work.

How were you testing it? It was working fine for me when I just checked.

One problem is that the "Alter Active Contracts" option is a little misleading. The only way to alter active, or offered, contracts is to enable that option. Without it only newly offered contracts will show the difference, which is harder to judge since you can't see what the values would have been before the change.

Another problem is that I'm not sure if the values in the Mission Control Center will update until you change scenes. CapCom won't update until changing scenes, also. With Contracts Window + the values should change within a few seconds to update the new values (assuming Alter Active is on).

Contract Configurator is another problem. For technical reasons that changes to those contracts aren't applied until you actually accept the contract. Because of how CC works it can be a little difficult to determine when a contract is "offered", compared to how it works with stock contracts.

• 3 months later...
On 28/11/2016 at 8:47 PM, DMagic said:

Contract Configurator is another problem. For technical reasons that changes to those contracts aren't applied until you actually accept the contract. Because of how CC works it can be a little difficult to determine when a contract is "offered", compared to how it works with stock contracts.

Five months later I was having this exact problem and luckily found this statement before giving up :)  Basically I have a low funding game where a particular CC contract type is lucrative - but it doesn't look like it initially, because of the above issue. Good to know that it works after accepting though ^^

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am having no luck with this mod - when I change the sliders for "max offered", eg to 1, and then save to config, it does not save.  Trying to use "global settings" results in the same behaviour - often when I've set global settings and then I look at specific contracts, they are set to "max offered 30" despite me using the slider to select some smaller number.   TL;DR mod does not appear to work at all.  This is v 2.5 in KSP 1.3

Any ideas what the problem is? I am overrrun with contracts offered and want to prune it down a bit.

Ias

@Iasus It seems to be working for me. You don't actually have to save anything to the config file for it to be applied, as soon as you change any value it will be applied for that save file (the global settings required that you push the "apply to all" button at the top, though). The config file is just used to set the default values and the values for new games.

Can you post a link to your log files somewhere. Maybe something is going wrong that is preventing the settings from being saved.

@Iasus Are these Contract Configurator contracts that are having problems? I don't think there is anything this mod can do to prevent them from being offered, since it uses a very different method to do so.

When you say there are problems with specific contract types after setting the max values for the global settings, are those CC contracts? They should all be set properly, but again, I don't think CC contracts are affected at all by the limits. And any changes to the reward or penalty values for CC contracts will only take place when the contract is accepted, they won't show up when it is just being offered in the mission control center.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.