What kinda irks me (My rant's about squad)

Everybody wants clouds, If squad doesnt feel like going to the effort of making clouds they could at least integrate EVE (Which might be even better because the clouds would be moddable allowing for the players to change their own graphics.) And as for new planets, Just integrate KopernicusTech (It would make creating new planets for the stock game much easier, Maybe even a new planet for every release! :) It woul also allow easy modding of the solar system.) Why squad doesnt just go on a mod integration spree really baffles me as they could get a whole lot done much faster. :confused:

The legal implications. The creator(s) has to agree. Not only that, but the plugins and add-ons for KSP are not hard-coded (to my knowledge) and so integration may have complications. It's not as simple as "plug it in and it works", sometimes it needs to be fixed. And sometimes completely re-done.

I would like to see some clouds, but I don't need them that urgently.

Well, another issue to think about is that we don't want to lose customers/players who have lower-end computers. I can absolutely believe that there are active players who wouldn't be able to run the game with graphical improvements.

IMO, a video game company making a change that excludes a (potentially) large number of players is a terrible idea.

Well, another issue to think about is that we don't want to lose customers/players who have lower-end computers. I can absolutely believe that there are active players who wouldn't be able to run the game with graphical improvements.

IMO, a video game company making a change that excludes a (potentially) large number of players is a terrible idea.

Happens all the time in video games. The key is having options.

Clouds might not seem to be a priority until you realize that Jool should literally be a cloud. (Not really). Point is, Jool's "surface" is clouds, so they need to actually be clouds.

Clouds would really be cool, I hope they do get implemented in some way soon. But I'm not sure EVE is the best way to do it.

These two are very good points.

I would like clouds as well, but I think that what the devs are working on now is much more important and fun than some measly clouds. :wink:

Coulds would be cool, but if I recall a post by B9 a long time ago, the way E.V.E does it is not the most memory efficient. It uses many large textures to create the cloud pattern, when using some sort of procedural noise or something would make that unnecessary. IDK, this isn't my area of expertise.

Why squad doesnt just go on a mod integration spree really baffles me as they could get a whole lot done much faster.
Maybe even a new planet for every release! :) It woul also allow easy modding of the solar system.)

http://www.thatnewjam.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/I-Dont-Want-To-Live-On-This-Planet-Anymore.jpg

A new planet every release? NO

Squad can't just integrate and ol' mod that they see and sell it for money. This would ruin the purpose of mods.

Edited by sal_vager

Well, not to seem ungrateful, but I run KSP on a 2014 MBP. The performance is very poor. Adding clouds clearly would make no significant difference. Unless the clouds keep the game from locking up.

Everybody wants clouds, If squad doesnt feel like going to the effort of making clouds they could at least integrate EVE (Which might be even better because the clouds would be moddable allowing for the players to change their own graphics.) And as for new planets, Just integrate KopernicusTech (It would make creating new planets for the stock game much easier, Maybe even a new planet for every release! :) It woul also allow easy modding of the solar system.) Why squad doesnt just go on a mod integration spree really baffles me as they could get a whole lot done much faster. :confused:

Because each mod integrated into stock means less choice for the users. Simple as that. It´s easier to include mods you like into your local installation of the game, than to exclude stock-features you dont like, unless they come as optional. Too many options in the stock game, and you are bloating dev-time (support) and disc/Ram-requirements for something only some will end up using.

That doesnt mean, that no mods should get stocked - just that it should be carefully considered which.

Well, not to seem ungrateful, but I run KSP on a 2014 MBP. The performance is very poor. Adding clouds clearly would make no significant difference. Unless the clouds keep the game from locking up.

I'm sure you believe that, but I'm also more than sure that there are those whose performance would be so impacted as to make it unplayable, because it's not something as simple as a slowly moving skybox...

I'm sure you believe that, but I'm also more than sure that there are those whose performance would be so impacted as to make it unplayable, because it's not something as simple as a slowly moving skybox...

quite bad to be so sure of something you dont know about. games from the very beginning of 3d programming had clouds and didnt become unplayable on my 233 cyrix CPU and the TNT2 graphics card. all just depends on the implementation and clouds are not something could kill a 2x86 :)

Why would anyone think that clouds or new planets or new textures are of any priority? The game keeps crashing and using insane amounts of memory. First fix that. And then some annoying bugs.

And then make VAB/SPH work properly. When I have a big ship the pieces just won't "click" themselves to right spot without a huge fight :/ . Also Sub-assemblies are not working that well. I can't build a lander for example and put it in the sub-assemblies because I have to remove the pod part from it. And when I take the sub-assembly out again it has only 1 node that I can attach it from (usually on top of it and I might want to attach it on top of something for example so I would need an attachment node on the bottom too...)

Maybe after that add new landscapes/textures/clouds...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.