Feedback Requested: 1.0

Maxmaps

Maxmaps,

please dont add more Mods to the game without overhauling them like you did with fineprint.

I didnt liked it as a Mod and i hated it as a later Feature of the game.

What i would love to see would be a little storyline or side, like getting into Orbit, Setting up a telescope, discovering the other planets, searching for the Magic boulder via decrypting the SSTV-Signal you get from Duna.

Instead of skipping contracts until you find one that even makes sense.

EDIT:

How about you set out a little contest for the Community to come up with some Space Quests just like you already did with the getting into Orbit which then unlock new contracts to land on the Mun.

Those should only Quests/Missions that are mostly unavoidable on a long term and not too complex/restrictive.

I would bet there are also some very cool ideas in the Mission-Control/Story-Section of the Forum ;)

Either Way, IMHO the Contract-System needs a major overhaul and i only understand the current contracts as a placeholder.

Edited by MalfunctionM1Ke

If it still open, I add this:

inconsistency: 50% thrust on launch was allegedly added for morons who don't understand why their rocket doesn't move after pushing space key but...

the same morons would know they have to add crews to pod as for some reason, after some launches, crews are no longer automatically put on their seats WHEREAS they are still crews available, and even worth, go to the astronauts complex to recruit some new ones before adding them to seats.

Weird issue: when a pod have minimumcrew > 1, have only mincrew-1 inside the pod make the craft doesn't respond to any control at all, like it has run out of EC.

(not applicable with stock as all pods have mincrew=1, even mk3 pod ! But this can occurred "suddenly", goes through QA testing unnoticed, and reach the release if min crew is increased for any reason)

balance issue: C7's engines (jet engines) masses are completely insane !

basic jet engine mass = 1 t ==> weight > 9 t (9.8 t)

turbo jet engine mass = 1.2 t ==> w ~ 11.7 t

for comparison: a complete F-16 plane have an empty weight of 8.570t (less than the KSP engine alone !) and a loaded weight of 12t, another comparison: one single big Airbus A-380 engine weight ~5t.

For a 10 times smaller world... it's weird :huh:.

Two thigs are there that many ppl and me consider a must:

1º Solve the game crashings related to terrain scatters and approaching landing in general, not sure but from what ive read its related to memory leak or something similar;

2º Being able to (options or with key bindings preferly) change in-game patched conics draw mode and limit (or upgradeable with tracking station).

Apart from that:

- We want the "prodigal" new gas giant(s)

- Solar sails prototypes

- More actions for kerbals, like removing some parts or being able to link two separate vessels in ground with a fuel duct to resupply (engineers?)

- Add a next level of time warp, for long long journeys to far far away planets/systems (mods, outer planets)

- Make the Re-entry Heat optional (custom diffculty)

Anyway, keep on the good job!

Dear SQUAD please fix this two things before 1.0:

-Mouse cursor

If i hold the left button to pan and tilt the camera the cursor moving with the camera too - please lock the mouse cursor x,y positon ;at the space complex view if i release the left button the cursor keep resetting to the centre of the screen

-Center of camera

While flying the camera locked on the ship/plane CoM,this weird on bigger rockets - please make a changeable camera center, like fixing on parts

We've decided that the next release will be 1.0 because it accomplishes the goals we've set up with the development of KSP from the very beginning, my question to you is whether you'd prefer we try and add more features, or focus more on things like the aero overhaul, bugfixing and balance?

The latter most definitely. Get the game functioning as well as possible for 1.0, then use post-1.0 for more features. Bake the best cake you can, then any icing you add will just enhance it. If your cake is half-baked all the icing in the world won't help it.

We want the "prodigal" new gas giant(s)

For some definition of "we." A not-insignificant portion of the players would rather have more interesting stuff to do on the existing planets before we get more places to go the same way we go anywhere else but with different delta-v and TWR requirements but in no other way significantly different than what's already in game.

Solar sails prototypes

Only if they bring in higher physics warp. Burn times with ion engines are already long enough, solar sails would be even worse.

More actions for kerbals, like removing some parts or being able to link two separate vessels in ground with a fuel duct to resupply (engineers?)

So a stock equivelent of KAS or KIS? I wouldn't mind that, but it's not what I'd consider a high priority for 1.0.

Add a next level of time warp, for long long journeys to far far away planets/systems (mods, outer planets)

Not something I'd object to, would definitely be nice if/when we get more stock planets or play with mods that adds more, even at max warp orbits at or around Eeloo-altitude take way too long.

Make the Re-entry Heat optional (custom diffculty)

I seem to remember an announcement that the reentry heat already has this slider.

On the other hand, this thread wasn't about asking for suggestions for 1.0, it was about asking specifically if we wanted more features that the devs already had in mind (though that wasn't explained very clearly) or fewer bugs/more polish. Since 1.0 is now in the experimentals stage, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked since the only way anything here would have any bearing on 1.0 would be if they found something so wrong that they had to take 1.0 out of the experimentals stage (has only happened with one previous version to the best of my knowledge).

We've decided that the next release will be 1.0 because it accomplishes the goals we've set up with the development of KSP from the very beginning, my question to you is whether you'd prefer we try and add more features, or focus more on things like the aero overhaul, bugfixing and balance?

Assuming that the features that you've already confirmed for 1.0 will stay in place, I'd prefer bugfixing and balance. Then 1.1 can be the Unity 5 update, and 1.2 can get new features and suchlike.

Please make the planets (mainly kerbin)more detailed eg. more biomes possibly jungle,swamp and add more trees to make the planet feel more alive so if i were to make a car (XD and dint crash it immediately)it would be a struggle to get through a forest instead of seeing one tree every 300 meters and on the topic of trees maybe more types to make every time you see a tree interesting(this last one is just and idea) and maybe some animals somthing small eg. Birds or a squirrel Things like that. So you could see them but wouldn't get in your way

green_squirrel_500x500.jpg

Praise the green squirrel XD he's so cute

Edited by CG_Kerbin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.