[1.12.x] Kerbalized Flags, Agencies, and Decal Textures [03Aug21] - And Suits [v1.0 - 15Sep21 - More Slim Suits].

DirtyFace83

meil7rD.png

tYfOGvH.png

**Kerbal Heads Not Included - If you really want them, then click here. Credits and CC-BY-4.0 License included in the zip. Some of the heads you will see in images below are part of @benjee10's Historical Kerbal Suits mod, which has nothing to do with this mod, and as such, are not included.

WHAT ARE THESE?:

A Really simple add-on to an add-on. (Addonception?)

An ongoing WIP suit picker suit pack which will eventually feature several (really not sure about 'all' - there's a lot...) of the flags, agencies, and decal stuff you can find below.

WHAT DO THEY DO?:

Kerbalized Flags, Agencies and Decal Textures adds Many Kerbalized national flags for your Space Agency.

Several Many Space Agencies with logos that offer you contracts in the contract window.

Decals for your crafts and missions for use with drewcassidy's Conformal Decals - Links below.

Kerbalized Suits will eventually allow you to further Kerbal the shizzz out of your space agency.

Currently included: 

Kerbal States of America (Base, Slim, and Future): Pilot, Engineer, Scientist, and MKS professions

Koviet Union (Base, Slim, and Future): Pilot, Engineer, Scientist, and MKS professions

Russia, and China (Base, Slim, and Future): Pilot, Engineer, Scientist, and MKS professions for both

ESA (Base, Slim, and Future): Canada, UK, Belgium, Romania, Norway, Iceland, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Ukraine, Denmark, Switzerland, France, Spain, Ireland, Austria, Israel, Sweden, Finland, and E.U. for MKS suits.

ALCE for South America (Base, Slim, and Future): Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay, Ecuador, Bolivia and Latin American Union (CELAK - the flag is based on UNASUR) for MKS suits

An imaginary International Space Agency (Base, Slim, and Future): Aus, Japan, South Korea, India, Indonesia, North Korea, NZ, Malaysia, Iran, and United Kerbin for MKS suits.

Two Vintage (Kerbal States/Koviet Union) suits

Apart from the Vintage style suits, they are all colour coded for Kerbal Skills (based on Community Trait Icons colour scheme), including those used by MKS.

The files are organized in such a way that if you don't use MKS, or don't want to use a particular set, it's as easy as deleting an obvious folder.

Not a fan of a particular flag/agency/whatever? I'm not here to do politics, there are plenty of alternatives and use is not mandatory...

Things to note: 

By default, the suits are only visible in EVA (see below for how to fix this) and are also not currently set up for use with Texture Replacer - As the suit mod is standalone, TR is not needed to use it.

A TR version may or may not appear in the future.

You will need to disable to Custom Kerbals option in the TR in-game menu in order for the suits to work correctly.

As far as I am aware, TR reflections are unaffected, but the visor up/down feature (stock) doesn't seem to work with TR installed. Ask in TR forum about that, not here.

Also, this suit pack isn't magic. Suit sets are only compatible with versions of KSP that include them. Obviously...

Download Link below.

More images at bottom of this post

KERBALIZED SUITS DOWNLOAD:

SPACEDOCK

To install, simply extract everything in the zip directly to your '.../Kerbal Space Program/GameData' folder. You can safely delete/not install undesired suit sets (delete the appropriate subfolder) without affecting any of the others.

Credit goes to @overkill13@GregroxMun, @fast_de_la_speed, @Scart91, @Omega482, the Green Skull people for the inital conceptual inspiration of this whole affair, and very likely others for prior work which was modified and/or incorporated into this suit pack.

If you want the suits to appear in IVA, Benjee10's Historical Kerbal Suits is required. If you don't care, it's not needed.

Answers to a couple of FAQs:

1. Why aren't the suits appearing when my Kerbal is inside a vehicle/ship/etc?

This is because the stock suit picker doesn't provide a way to change IVA suits. The mod linked directly above contains a plugin that allows this to be a thing.

2. Why does my Kerbal's suit texture look all mangled? 

This is a Texture Replacer issue and will only happen with Jeb, Bill, Bob, and Val.

These steps to make this not a thing will need to be done for EVERY/EACH new/saved game:  Load KSP  -  Start or Load a game  -  In the Space Centre view (the one where you see the buildings), open the Texture Replacer menu and uncheck 'Personalize Suits'  -  Go back to main menu and quit KSP  -  Open your .../Kerbal Space Program/saves/mysavegame/persistent.sfs (notepad++ or some such is great for this)  -  search for:  'hero = True'  -  Set it (and all other 'hero = True) to 'False' (the CaPiTaLiZaTiOn is important)  -  save the persistent.sfs  -  Restart KSP  -  Play.

You could alternatively simply not use Texture Replacer, but then lots of other things might stop working. I use and love Texture Replacer and recommend it highly.

FLAGS, AGENCIES, AND DECALS DOWNLOAD:

SPACEDOCK [Latest]  I try not to, but if I make any changes that affect an ongoing save game, use:  --->   PREVIOUS VERSION SPACEDOCK LINK 

NOTE TO ANYONE UPDATING FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION - Much pruning has occurred. It is entirely possible that savegames started prior to 19 Apr 21, and any Sandbox savegames started prior to 03 Aug 21 might be affected by this pruning. Any savegame using Decalc'o'Mania will require downloading the previous version -install the lastest version, then download and extract the previous version but don't overwrite and it 'should' be fine. If you overwrite, then you won't get the new things.

To install the flags, extract 'KerbalizedFlagpack' to your '.../Kerbal Space Program/GameData' folder.  If you are only interested in Flags and agencies, then only copy this folder.

For the decals, first extract 'KerbalizedDecals' to your '.../Kerbal Space Program/GameData' folder. Then download the required mod (and any dependencies) below:

THE FLAGS (512x320) AND AGENCY LOGOS (256x160) WILL WORK WITH STOCK AS YOUR FLAG (KSC, Mun Landings, etc) - The flag/agency stuff that is visible with only this pack installed will also work with the stock decals

TO USE ANYTHING ELSE (Fuselage and Higher Res Agency) IN THIS PACK AS A DECAL FOR YOUR ROCKET, THE FOLLOWING PLUGIN IS REQUIRED:

drewcassidy's Conformal Decals on SPACEDOCK

For Decals to have a separate category in the VAB/SPH, install one or both:

Community Category Kit

WIldBlueTools

Be aware that installing both will give you (at least) two decal categories. Hurts the OCD a little, but on balance, much better than scrolling through a bajillion parts.

I'm totally happy to take requests and suggestions, but if what you're asking for isn't within the scope of this particular pack, please ask in a private message.

National/Regional flags:

Q7f01XW.png

From time to time more are added. This image is just a sample.

Agencies and Decals designed to work with drewcassidy's Conformal Decals:

2G3EUgg.png

These also get some love from time to time.

Mission Patches designed to work with drewcassidy's Conformal Decals:

fpEe5dX.png

Moho 1-4 (Mercury), Kermini 1-3 (Gemini), Kerpollo 2-11 (Mun)

The rest have been edited, changed, revamped etc, but the essence remains the same.

Eventually I also want to have crewed mission and probe patches for all Stock and at least OPM bodies. Ideas for mission names are welcome.

I also plan on adding things like STS and SpaceX mission patches.

Some Suit Pics:

KASA Slim and Future, Vintage CKCP and KASA

oti3Ydb.png

Left to Right: France (Sci), Germany (Eng), Canada (Pilot), UK (Pilot), Italy (Eng), Spain (Sci) - Also included are: Belgium, Poland, Ireland, Romania, Austria, Portugal, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Denmark, and although neither are part of the real ESA, Ukraine and Israel because game. Others have been added since this image was posted.

SkszHAD.png

Other contributors:

@madsailor : Private Agencies KerbeX, Koeing, Kheed Martin and Korbital (not shown in preview, but they are very nice.)

@DJ Reonic: For shuttle tail decals, and the will to make more to go with them.

@flart : Russian-ness advice

Any bugs/glitches/oversights specific to MY stuff should be reported here first - such as blank white textures or missing localizations -  and not in the Conformal Decals thread. These are entirely separate entities. To be safe, if there's an issue and you're using this stuff, ask here first, and if it's not an issue with this pack, I'll refer you. This way we can minimize nonsense.

Kerbalized Flags, Decals and Decal Textures License: CC BY 4.0

Kerbalized Suits License: MIT

Looking for REAL agencies? I don't do those. Try this:

Edited by DirtyFace83
Edited because reasons.

Very nice. But did anyone else notice that all the rockets are pointing skywards... except for that of the Koviet Union. It's pointing downwards. And it's the only one without an exaust plume. Lol. It's broken.

Can you add Belgium?

Cool flags by the way!

Done. No agency though.

Very nice. I also got a chuckle from the Mexikan flag.

Is that a hot dog at the top of the Kerspana coat of arms?

On the Kommonwealth of Oz, are those stars or explosions?

Nice work.

I'm thinking about redoing Kerspaña. It's a space helmet instead of a crown, but yea..... it doesn't really work.

Very nice. But did anyone else notice that all the rockets are pointing skywards... except for that of the Koviet Union. It's pointing downwards. And it's the only one without an exaust plume. Lol. It's broken.

Hehe, yea... if you put it right side up, it's hard to see that it's a rocket is all.

Added 3 new flags and a new agency. Thanks for nice comments too, btw :) Appreciated, even if this is only a mini-modette.

Hey man, your flags look really nice. :) Oddly enough I had discovered your Imgur albums yesterday and downloaded them. And the next day it's a mod on the forums!

Question: did you make these with a vector editing program? Also, would you be able to make the Japanese flag, but without the rising sun rays? Basically the sun there with the ray on the bottom, left and right, and the rocketship on top. Cheers!

Edited by Woopert

Something like these?

sirASoC.pngQuWpBcd.pngxfz8rmI.png

Personally I prefer the second one and I may switch the one in the download. It's a little shabby

Others that are done but aren't yet in the .zip:

lCAkgyU.png

Union de Surkermerika

z9Ymqxh.png

Afrikan Union (seems KSC is in Afrika)

3U0MUxM.png

Chile, between the Kandes Mountains and Kalm Ocean

The above are formatted correctly to just go straght into the game.

More to come when wife allows.

Next up: Other South American countries and a couple more Space agencies.

Sure. I'm glad they are agencies too. What I will do is put them in a separate directory with your forum name, and obviously credit you in the readme and stuff.

Another addition to the pack is on the way later today too. Same as always, new agencies and a few flags including Kerpublika ng Pilipinas and Kerbalphoblact, which I am not 100% happy with and will probably rework.

You may kerbalize the (Design Bureau) KB Yuzhnoe . It's a Ukrainian organization that made Satan missile, Zenit series for Sea Launch and others.

Logo_en_%D0%9A%D0%91%D0%AE.gif

Also the Yuzhmash, which designed the Antares first stage and produced most of the Yuzhnoe's rockets.

86.jpg

And maybe Ukrkosmos?

logo.png

Edited by sashan

You may kerbalize the (Design Bureau) KB Yuzhnoe . It's a Ukrainian organization that made Satan missile, Zenit series for Sea Launch and others.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0c/Logo_en_%D0%9A%D0%91%D0%AE.gif

Also the Yuzhmash, which designed the Antares first stage and produced most of the Yuzhnoe's rockets.

http://ku.img.com.ua/img/forall/d/3877/86.jpg

And maybe Ukrkosmos?

http://www.ukrkosmos.kiev.ua/templates/UkrKosmos/images/logo.png

Sure. I'll get around to it.

New Irish flag. I think it's slightly better than the original:

xIKHaAt.png

GXPwCxC.pngEwrFUTN.png

AGENT

{

name = Search for Extra-Kerbestrial Intelligence

description = While interest in the question of extra-kerbestrial life is at least as old as Gene Kerman, the modern SEKI era can be defined as beginning some time last week. On that day, Kornell physicists Giuseppi Kocconi and Philip Kerman published an article in Nature in which they pointed out the potential for using plastic cups to communicate between chairs.

logoURL = GameData/Blahblahblah/Flags/SEKI

logoScaledURL = GameData/Blahblahblah/Flags/SEKI2

mentality = Patient

mentality = Patient

mentality = Patient

mentality = Patient

mentality = Patient

mentality = Patient

mentality = Patient

mentality = Patient

mentality = Patient

}

Edited by DirtyFace83

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.