[1.12.x] Kerbalized Flags, Agencies, and Decal Textures [03Aug21] - And Suits [v1.0 - 15Sep21 - More Slim Suits].

DirtyFace83

On 7/13/2020 at 5:33 PM, cineboxandrew said:

Looks like this mod's patch to add its own parts to the decals category is targeting all MODCAT nodes

So *THATs* what was happening!

Edited by Beetlecat
grammar! Words!

1 hour ago, DirtyFace83 said:

Is it still happening?

I totally mis-typed that exclamation, but I was just surprised that your flags/decals were the cause of it.

I hopped back into the game to check, and it seems like the weird category collisions are not happening now with your new fix.

7 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

I totally mis-typed that exclamation, but I was just surprised that your flags/decals were the cause of it.

I hopped back into the game to check, and it seems like the weird category collisions are not happening now with your new fix.

Awesome. I mean, obviously I checked my end before uploading, but good to hear it's not interfering anymore from someone else.

• 2 months later...

Bump to remove the 'this thread is quite old' thing. Which I feel appears way too quickly these days (3 months? For real?) and may falsely lead people into believing that not dead mods are dead.

This mod is not dead. I'm just busy. 

I will take this opportunity to say thanks for all the feedback, comments etc.

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2020 at 12:11 AM, DirtyFace83 said:

Bump to remove the 'this thread is quite old' thing. Which I feel appears way too quickly these days (3 months? For real?) and may falsely lead people into believing that not dead mods are dead.

This mod is not dead. I'm just busy. 

I will take this opportunity to say thanks for all the feedback, comments etc.

Yeah, 3 months is nothing for a game this long in consistent development/engagement.

• 2 months later...
On 7/6/2020 at 11:15 AM, Puggonaut said:

Any chance of you doing a Pan Am Logo for space planes please , like this , or similar ?

PAN-AM.jpg

q1tLYgF.png

Better late than never I suppose.  Sorry it took so long to get around to starting with it.

The finished version may differ slightly, but something very similar will appear in the next set.

On 3/17/2021 at 7:54 PM, DirtyFace83 said:

q1tLYgF.png

Better late than never I suppose.  Sorry it took so long to get around to starting with it.

The finished version may differ slightly, but something very similar will appear in the next set.

Thank you appreciate it . 

4 hours ago, DirtyFace83 said:

Some more new stuff.  There are long decals for some of the new agencies.  Also converted most images to dds format.  Some deleting of things is recommended. See first post for info. Or ask.

aDRfDgc.png

Hehehe. AEROFLOP.

Some of these are pretty silly, but I love that you took the time to do them right. Terrific!

Edited by Beetlecat

4 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Hehehe. AEROFLOP.

Some of these are pretty silly, but I love that you took the time to do them right. Terrific!

Hehe, I was reading up on Artemis contracts, and most of the recently added agencies are based on companies that are or wanted to get in on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@DirtyFace83 Might I make a suggestion? A Grey KASA worm on the shuttle wing decal sheet would be more historically accurate. That being said, a grey KASA can easily be made with the custom text decal, so It's not a major thing. (Just a slight nitpick.) Amazing job on all this, by the way. It makes things much more realistic and interesting.

Another suggestion: The shark eyes and teeth from the Delta II GPS rockets. I took my family to the Kennedy Space Center last month and my 2 and 3-year-olds decided their favorite rocket was the "Shark Rocket." (New Delta II display in the rocket garden has the shark markings.) That lasted until they got to see the Space Shuttle.

10 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

@DirtyFace83 Might I make a suggestion? A Grey KASA worm on the shuttle wing decal sheet would be more historically accurate. That being said, a grey KASA can easily be made with the custom text decal, so It's not a major thing. (Just a slight nitpick.) Amazing job on all this, by the way. It makes things much more realistic and interesting.

Another suggestion: The shark eyes and teeth from the Delta II GPS rockets. I took my family to the Kennedy Space Center last month and my 2 and 3-year-olds decided their favorite rocket was the "Shark Rocket." (New Delta II display in the rocket garden has the shark markings.) That lasted until they got to see the Space Shuttle.

Given that there's already a small KASA worm decal (the flag sized agencies) in there, it kinda makes sense to change the shuttle one to grey.

I'll put it that change in with the next lot. The plan was to add more shuttle stuff as part of it anyway. (Kanada, being historically quite heavily involved in space things, needs some love there I feel)

As for the shark eyes and teeth, I'll look into it. At a certain point the images start to get warped as the decal goes further around the circumference of the part they're placed on, so depending on how wide it needs to be, this may need some trial and error work.

Another thing to note about Conformal Decals is that they can't (afaik) beplaced on the stock fairings. Not discounting the idea, because I did want to do some fairing specific stuff. I'll investigate non stock fairings and maybe work on something specifically for fairings that act like other parts (if that makes sense). If for no other reason than for the kids to see the Shark Rocket launch at home :P

Glad you've enjoyed the stuff!

4 hours ago, DirtyFace83 said:

As for the shark eyes and teeth, I'll look into it. At a certain point the images start to get warped as the decal goes further around the circumference of the part they're placed on, so depending on how wide it needs to be, this may need some trial and error work.

Yeah, they'd have to be custom fit for a specific part geometry.  Not saying wouldn't be cool... :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 10:23 PM, DirtyFace83 said:

Given that there's already a small KASA worm decal (the flag sized agencies) in there, it kinda makes sense to change the shuttle one to grey.

I'll put it that change in with the next lot. The plan was to add more shuttle stuff as part of it anyway. (Kanada, being historically quite heavily involved in space things, needs some love there I feel)

Another thing to note about Conformal Decals is that they can't (afaik) beplaced on the stock fairings. Not discounting the idea, because I did want to do some fairing specific stuff. I'll investigate non stock fairings and maybe work on something specifically for fairings that act like other parts (if that makes sense). If for no other reason than for the kids to see the Shark Rocket launch at home :P

Glad you've enjoyed the stuff!

i use a black KASA flag and when lowering the opacity it turns to grey so i think just adding a black one makes more sense

Edited by TruthfulGnome

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, dskzz said:

Dude this is SUCH an amazing mod.  I love sticking all the vendors on my rockets and finding excuses to use all the warning labels and such.  And love how it wraps.  Very innovative. Great work!!!

The warning labels are from the mod that this depends on, so I can't take credit for those.

Please visit this page:

and say nice things there too, as nothing I've done would even have been possible without that mod.

Glad you've enjoyed the things though!

As soon as I figure out which mod is preventing me from loading KSP in v1.12, and I once make sure this all still works on that version, I should be releasing a small update

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.