[1.12.x] Kerbalized Flags, Agencies, and Decal Textures [03Aug21] - And Suits [v1.0 - 15Sep21 - More Slim Suits].

DirtyFace83

4 hours ago, CiG Bhungus said:

How can i fix this ?

Best place to ask this is in the texture replacer thread.

For workarounds, what has worked for me has been to either:

Stop using Texture Replacer - but then lots of other things stop working, so not the best soluton

Only use the default suits on the original four Kerbals

Fire the original four at the start of a new game.

Hire four new Kerbals and forget Jeb, Val, Bill and Bob exist.

2 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

Do you have Texture Replacer? Go to space center and in TR settings turn off "Personalize Suits".

If also using Texture Replacer, you MUST turn off 'PERSONALISE SUITS' in the Texture Replacer settings in the Space Center menu, or personalised suits will not display correctly. 

Also this, yes

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 4:14 AM, CiG Bhungus said:

How can i fix this ?

Making sure you have 'Personalize Suits' switched off in Texture Replacer:

Close out of KSP

Open your .../Kerbal Space Program/saves/mysavegame/persistent.sfs - (notepad++ or some such is great for this)

search for:   'hero = True' 

Set it (and all other 'hero = True) to 'False' (the CaPiTaLiZaTiOn is important)

save

restart KSP

'Should' work.

Thanks for this great mod with its cool suits!

One remark regarding the german flag: You are using the wrong version (state flag, this flag may only be used by federal government authorities.), see List_of_German_flags/National flags. See also the web page of the DLR, where you can see a picture of Thomas Reiter in his space suit:thomas-reiter-beim-aussenbordeinsatz_493

Edited by Bohni

25 minutes ago, Bohni said:

Thanks for this great mod with its cool suits!

One remark regarding the german flag: You are using the wrong version (state flag, this flag may only be used by federal government authorities.), see List_of_German_flags/National flags. See also the web page of the DLR, where you can see a picture of Thomas Reiter in his space suit:thomas-reiter-beim-aussenbordeinsatz_493

Yea, I'm aware of the flag thing. It's not just the German flag either, the issue is that if I don't use the state flag (or something similar) for the ones that include coats of arms, like Netherlands, Poland, and others, then it ends up just being all German and no kerbal.

I can't promise anything anytime soon, partly because I'm busy with finishing the rest of the Future suits. I'll keep it in mind, though, as ideas often pop into my head when I go to buy milk.

Glad you like the things though!

Hi there, @DirtyFace83

First of all: I LOVE YOUR PACKS!

Second (and this could be not simply a request, but also an offer of "help" ;p), mostly related to the suit pack:

it is possible to modify not only the EVA version of any suit, but also the IVA ones, adding (for each single "SUITCOMBO") a little "IVA" module.

Example for your KASA Pilot 1 (but also it will work for any else, provided that it is adapted with the right texture directory path):

SUITCOMBO
	{
		displayName = KASA Pilot 1
		suitType = Default
		gender = Male
		name = KSdefaultPilot1m
		suitTexture = KerbalizedSuits/KSDefault/KASA-Default/Textures/Pilot1			<----THIS
		normalTexture = KerbalizedSuits/KSDefault/KASA-Default/Textures/KSDefault_NRM	<----and THIS
		sprite = KerbalizedSuits/KSDefault/KASA-Default/Icons/default_KS1_m
		primaryColor = #d60000
		secondaryColor = #d60000
		IVA
		{
		suitTexture = KerbalizedSuits/KSDefault/KASA-Default/Textures/Pilot1			<----copied here
		normalTexture = KerbalizedSuits/KSDefault/KASA-Default/Textures/KSDefault_NRM	<----and here
		}
	}

... you then not only could have the same textures, but also mix a bit of different textures (one set for IVA, one set for EVA), provided that you are using the same suit style model (you cannot mix, for example, a "default" style suit for EVA with a "vintage" one IVA)
(It not everything a discovery made by me: I noticed it looking at Benjee10's suit pack)

For the "help" part, as I'm "updating" your pack for my personal use, using the above, let me know if you are eventually interested to have the "updated" cfg files for a future release (I do not use all of your suit, mostly only the "kerbalized" versions and none of the MKS ones, but I could at least share those I already going to modify) :grin:

Edited by Araym

15 minutes ago, Araym said:

Hi there, @DirtyFace83

First of all: I LOVE YOUR PACKS!

Second (and this could be not simply a request, but also an offer of "help" ;p), mostly related to the suit pack:

it is possible to modify not only the EVA version of any suit, but also the IVA ones, adding (for each single "SUITCOMBO") a little "IVA" module.

Example for your KASA Pilot 1 (but also it will work for any else, provided that it is adapted with the right texture directory path):

SUITCOMBO
	{
		displayName = KASA Pilot 1
		suitType = Default
		gender = Male
		name = KSdefaultPilot1m
		suitTexture = KerbalizedSuits/KSDefault/KASA-Default/Textures/Pilot1			<----THIS
		normalTexture = KerbalizedSuits/KSDefault/KASA-Default/Textures/KSDefault_NRM	<----and THIS
		sprite = KerbalizedSuits/KSDefault/KASA-Default/Icons/default_KS1_m
		primaryColor = #d60000
		secondaryColor = #d60000
		IVA
		{
		suitTexture = KerbalizedSuits/KSDefault/KASA-Default/Textures/Pilot1			<----copied here
		normalTexture = KerbalizedSuits/KSDefault/KASA-Default/Textures/KSDefault_NRM	<----and here
		}
	}

... you then not only could have the same textures, but also mix a bit of different textures (one set for IVA, one set for EVA), provided that you are using the same suit style model (you cannot mix, for example, a "default" style suit for EVA with a "vintage" one IVA)
(It not everything a discovery made by me: I noticed it looking at Benjee10's suit pack)

For the "help" part, as I'm "updating" your pack for my personal use, using the above, let me know if you are eventually interested to have the "updated" cfg files for a future release (I do not use all of your suit, mostly only the "kerbalized" versions and none of the MKS ones, but I could at least share those I already going to modify) :grin:

Yea, it should be noted that this works only if you also have the plugin that comes with Benjee10's suits (link in top post if anyone is interested), as stock doesn't accomodate custom IVAs.

I will get around to looking at IVA suits once the Future and Slim are done for everything that is currently in the suit pack, and what I will most likely do is have them as a separate pack with the aforementioned plugin as a dependency.

"First of all: I LOVE YOUR PACKS!" - Also, thank you very much!

1 hour ago, DirtyFace83 said:

Yea, it should be noted that this works only if you also have the plugin that comes with Benjee10's suits (link in top post if anyone is interested), as stock doesn't accomodate custom IVAs.

Oh...:awe:

... yeah.
I'm so used to have Benjee's suits that I basically never noticed that he had a plugin enablingcustom IVAs.

@DirtyFace83, how odd, now all the sudden (tbh I am not sure since when) my suit of choice appears only during EVA, when they are inside from mission start or coming back from  EVA, they revert back to a generic white suit. 

I am probably doing something wrong, but I do remember that even by doing nothing and just choosing one of your custom suits, it would be on all the time: EVA, IVA, always. What could be happening?

EDIT:  wait it seems Benjee suits is a dependency, huh? Let me install it and report.

EDIT 2: yeah, that wasn't it. The issue remains:

Hu61PJ5.png

F3LHVs1C.png

Edited by Daniel Prates

5 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

@DirtyFace83, how odd, now all the sudden (tbh I am not sure since when) my suit of choice appears only during EVA, when they are inside from mission start or coming back from  EVA, they revert back to a generic white suit. 

I am probably doing something wrong, but I do remember that even by doing nothing and just choosing one of your custom suits, it would be on all the time: EVA, IVA, always. What could be happening?

EDIT:  wait it seems Benjee suits is a dependency, huh? Let me install it and report.

EDIT 2: yeah, that wasn't it. The issue remains:

Hu61PJ5.png

F3LHVs1C.png

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. The IVA plugin from Benjee10's suits is not (yet) a dependency. And since a third party plugin is needed to change the IVA suits, for the time being, there are none to display.

I'm almost done with the Future style, and since I already know what I want to do with the Slim style (as in your image), time willing, it will be pretty close behind I hope. In the meantime, I will try to put a set of configs in the op (dropbox link) for those using Benjee10's stuff within the next day or two.

7 minutes ago, DirtyFace83 said:

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. The IVA plugin from Benjee10's suits is not (yet) a dependency. And since a third party plugin is needed to change the IVA suits, for the time being, there are none to display.

I'm almost done with the Future style, and since I already know what I want to do with the Slim style (as in your image), time willing, it will be pretty close behind I hope. In the meantime, I will try to put a set of configs in the op (dropbox link) for those using Benjee10's stuff within the next day or two.

Oh great! You see my ocd deals pretty poorly with kerbals changing clothes every time they get through an airlock hehehehe.

Thanks. Just to be clear, do I need benjee'a suits and your configs? I make no point on having any of in. You see in 1.11 I used nothing but kerbalized suits. Back then the red suit you see in the EVa pic above would show both in IVA and EVA, no benjee, no nothing. Why was that now in 1.12 it doesnt, thats the mistery.

1 hour ago, Daniel Prates said:

Oh great! You see my ocd deals pretty poorly with kerbals changing clothes every time they get through an airlock hehehehe.

Thanks. Just to be clear, do I need benjee'a suits and your configs? I make no point on having any of in. You see in 1.11 I used nothing but kerbalized suits. Back then the red suit you see in the EVa pic above would show both in IVA and EVA, no benjee, no nothing. Why was that now in 1.12 it doesnt, thats the mistery.

That is odd.

Until I make and post the configs, then no benjee is needed. I'll post a thread bump when they're done.

3 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

OCD Cure -> HERE

Benjee10's mod is needed or the game won't even know there are IVA suits (they're the same as the EVA) to look for.

Edited by DirtyFace83

13 hours ago, DirtyFace83 said:

OCD Cure -> HERE

Benjee10's mod is needed or the game won't even know there are IVA suits (they're the same as the EVA) to look for.

I installed benjee 10, and pasted your new files over the mod - it overwrote some 25 files or so.

Still, no change. Sorry. 

Hm... am I supposed to use texture replacer, or texture replacer replaced?  (edit: nevermind, I tried with 'replacer replaced', it is the same thing, plus 'diverse kerbal heads' doesn't work). 

You know @DirtyFace83 I realized I am being inconvenient. It is stated in spacedock, quite clearly, that this mod is EVA ONLY at the moment, so, I am at fault here asking you this. You see, up until 1.11 it was an automatic thing, the suit you chose would apply everywhere and you wouldn't think about it, I guess 1.12 must have changed that and I didn't stop to read the OPs and the descriptions in spacedock.

Edit: although... in 1.11. I used texture replacer replaced, not texture replacer.  I stoped using it in 1.12 because it doesnt work with diverse kerbal heads anymore. Maybe that's why previously I had no issue using your suits both in iva and eva? 

Anyway, it turns out that I am being a damn bore. Sorry. But if sometime the suits do become available to both IVA and EVA, do drop me a PM, will ya?  Thanks, your work looks great. 

Edited by Daniel Prates

Figured out what was going on. The IVA plugin requires a normal map to be actively assigned to the suits in order to render them. The stock picker will just default to the stock map for that style of suit if you don't assign a normal map and so I just lazily assumed that the plugin would do the same thing. It doesn't. So. Here is a shameless 'I updated the IVA configs in the OP' threadbump

Edited by DirtyFace83

On 9/15/2021 at 6:06 AM, DirtyFace83 said:

Kerbalized Suits 1.0:

[... snip...]

I see new suit, I then run to "download".

On 9/15/2021 at 6:06 AM, DirtyFace83 said:

Couldn't sleep.

Will probably give the decals some love next time sleep is a problem.

I feel your problem:
2.30AM here... and no sleep at all. Thankfully KSP exists.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.