[1.12.x] Kerbalized Flags, Agencies, and Decal Textures [03Aug21] - And Suits [v1.0 - 15Sep21 - More Slim Suits].

DirtyFace83

So I've finally had enough of Lo-Res, Lo-Kuality flag textures. I'm currently in the process of converting all the Flag, Agency Decal, and Mission Patch textures to slightly higher resolution and also switching to use .dds from .png.

The Long and Shuttle Decals I will hold off on, but they will probably eventually get some love.

When I first uploaded this 5 years ago, I was maybe a little bit lazier than I am now. So hopefully, some things will get a little design improvement as part of the process.

I won't be adding anything else until this is done, but if @davidy12 or anyone else has any ideas/requests for country flags, agencies, crewed mission patch sets (STS is already in my mind to do), or anything else that is screaming to be Kerbalized within the very obvious scope of this pack, I'm happy to look into those ideas.

Here is a non-final sketch of the Koviet Flag:

Spoiler

ZYgTYy3.png

1 hour ago, DirtyFace83 said:

So I've finally had enough of Lo-Res, Lo-Kuality flag textures. I'm currently in the process of converting all the Flag, Agency Decal, and Mission Patch textures to slightly higher resolution and also switching to use .dds from .png.

The Long and Shuttle Decals I will hold off on, but they will probably eventually get some love.

When I first uploaded this 5 years ago, I was maybe a little bit lazier than I am now. So hopefully, some things will get a little design improvement as part of the process.

I won't be adding anything else until this is done, but if @davidy12 or anyone else has any ideas/requests for country flags, agencies, crewed mission patch sets (STS is already in my mind to do), or anything else that is screaming to be Kerbalized within the very obvious scope of this pack, I'm happy to look into those ideas.

Here is a non-final sketch of the Koviet Flag:

Reveal hidden contents

ZYgTYy3.png

Nice Kerbal flag. Though there is one thing I think the long banners are missing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-II#/media/File:Ap6-MSFC-6758331.jpg

The "Kerbal States Logo" for our Saturn Replicas.

If everything is installed correctly, from inside the game, you see should the decal parts in the 'Structural' parts category in the Assembly Building. Then to change which image displays, right click the part and there are buttons to switch textures.

You could try delete and re-extract the files? It's possible something went wrong.

1 hour ago, DirtyFace83 said:

If everything is installed correctly, from inside the game, you see should the decal parts in the 'Structural' parts category in the Assembly Building. Then to change which image displays, right click the part and there are buttons to switch textures.

You could try delete and re-extract the files? It's possible something went wrong.

ok thx

3 minutes ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Do they work on stock KSP 1.10?

They currently require one (or both) of the two mods listed in the OP.  I've been busy making the textures look nicer at higher scales, but I do intend to make them work with stock, yes.

17 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Do they work on stock KSP 1.10?

I wanted to clarify that the flags work just fine with 1.10 stock, and most of the Agency decals will show up, but unitl I mess around with the long decals, those, and the mission patches will have to wait. In the meantime, a workaround if you wanted to use the mission patches would be to copy those from 'KerbalizedDecals/Textures/MissionPatches' into 'KerbalizedFlagpack/Flags' and they will then show up. As I mentioned before, I'm currently upgrading the texture resolution on a lot of things, so there may be pixelization on the bigger scale decals.

The long decals are just the wrong ratio for them to work with stock at the minute.

Edited by DirtyFace83

Some new things:

After reading Margo Kerman's blog post in her new job, this had to be included:

3eF39W5.png

Which then logically led to this:
UcbGj1a.png

Which made this necessary:
6JbD8d9.png

And then while looking for those, this Swedish agency had to go in:
FZSWzAN.png

And finally, the Indonesian agency LAPAN has changed its logo to a better one it seems, so that had to change:
yDuVA3r.png

There are lond decal textures to go with each (and a couple more that didn't have one have been added, along with a texture resolution update for the agency decals.

On 6/19/2020 at 4:02 AM, KraterKreator said:

@DirtyFace83 These are great. They all look really kerbal in very funny and interesting ways. Good job!

But, the Mexican flag... a hat? Really? I would suggest an image of a Kraken grappling a kerbal vessel. Kind of like those images with sailing ships.

Your decals and badges are great too. Thanks for putting this together.

IOXZLlQ.png

Send it to Squad, it should become their unofficial emblem.

Did you invert the rocket going from right to left on purpose because of the Kraken? Kerbal rockets usually from from left to right on flags... May be it was not aesthetically pleasing enough?

Edited by Quoniam Kerman

39 minutes ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Send it to Squad, it should become their unofficial emblem.

Did you invert the rocket going from right to left on purpose because of the Kraken? Kerbal rockets usually from from left to right on flags... May be it was not aesthetically pleasing enough?

Totally for aesthetics

33 minutes ago, Puggonaut said:

Any chance of you doing a Pan Am Logo for space planes please , like this , or similar ?

PAN-AM.jpg

Funny you mention this. Just yesterday I was thinking about KSAF roundels, Trans-Kerbin-Airlines, and the like for atmospheric planes.

1 hour ago, Cdodders said:

When I have the Decals part of the mod installed it takes over some of the custom tabs in the VAB, used by other mods such as BDB.

Looks like this mod's patch to add its own parts to the decals category is targeting all MODCAT nodes

On 7/14/2020 at 12:43 AM, Cdodders said:

When I have the Decals part of the mod installed it takes over some of the custom tabs in the VAB, used by other mods such as BDB.

On vacation at the minute. I'll have a look when I get back. There's .cfg file that right now I forget the name of, but if you delete it, it should be a workaround until I get around to fixing it.

Edited by DirtyFace83

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.