[1.2.1] Spacetux - Contract Pack: Unmanned Contracts, Rover Contracts, Grand Tours and Sprite Missions

linuxgurugamer

4 hours ago, RattiRatto said:

Thanks for this contract pack! I'm quite enjoying the unmanned and the rover missions so far :) 

Glad you like it. I've heard of some issues with the missions on Kerbin, please report them if you encounter any.

thanks

Rover missions on kerbin worked fine for me (i had only two tough)

Question (maybe really dumb - in case don't answer it): I updated KSP to the latest version, and CKAN doesn't show your mods anymore. Can i keep playing with them or should i expect mayor crashes? (so far i've been doing a grand tour and worked fine) 

3 hours ago, RattiRatto said:

Rover missions on kerbin worked fine for me (i had only two tough)

Question (maybe really dumb - in case don't answer it): I updated KSP to the latest version, and CKAN doesn't show your mods anymore. Can i keep playing with them or should i expect mayor crashes? (so far i've been doing a grand tour and worked fine) 

Not a dumb question at all!

They should work fine, they are dependent on ContracConfigurator only.  I just haven't yet updated the versoining on them

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hey @Linuxgurugamer, thx for these missions, I started to play with them in a new career and recognized some things which might be interesting for updating this pack.

1. The rover missions request a wheel module, which causes some NRE in the the log. After deinstalling the rover missions all was fine. I'm not sure, if it's a CC thing. I haven't the log atm but could test it again, if needed.

2. As mentioned I just started a new career and haven't been to orbit yet. There are already two offers for grand tours. Might be a little early to visit the inner planets and all planets. Will they pop up again? Could you link them to some progress, e.g. Duna flyby?

6 hours ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

Will these contract packs be compatible with others like gap etc?

They should be

3 hours ago, funk said:

Hey @Linuxgurugamer, thx for these missions, I started to play with them in a new career and recognized some things which might be interesting for updating this pack.

1. The rover missions request a wheel module, which causes some NRE in the the log. After deinstalling the rover missions all was fine. I'm not sure, if it's a CC thing. I haven't the log atm but could test it again, if needed.

2. As mentioned I just started a new career and haven't been to orbit yet. There are already two offers for grand tours. Might be a little early to visit the inner planets and all planets. Will they pop up again? Could you link them to some progress, e.g. Duna flyby?

They are supposed to be linked ( I assume you have the Grand Tours installed).

Please notify Nightingale about the NRE, it sounds like a problem in CC.

52 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

They are supposed to be linked ( I assume you have the Grand Tours installed).

Please notify Nightingale about the NRE, it sounds like a problem in CC.

Yep, using Grand Tours, forgotten to mention it. I've looked into the configs, they are linked to:

REQUIREMENT
	{
		name = ReachSpace
		type = ReachSpace
	}

That's why they can be offered early. Leaving atmosphere ...dream big! :)

I will try to reproduce the NRE in stock and notify Nightingale...

33 minutes ago, funk said:

Yep, using Grand Tours, forgotten to mention it. I've looked into the configs, they are linked to:

REQUIREMENT
	{
		name = ReachSpace
		type = ReachSpace
	}

That's why they can be offered early. Leaving atmosphere ...dream big! :)

Hmmm.  ok, but aren't there other requirements?  Either way, I'll keep it in mind when I get back to them.

Just a little reminder, there is a need to update the config files on both SpaceTux shared Resources and this contract pack to list as compatable with 1.1.2

As a note, they both seem to work OK from what I can tell.  I might drop by and submit a pull request with the patch, but I've been stressed due to some family issues lately so I can't be sure I'll get it done.

7 hours ago, Ruedii said:

Just a little reminder, there is a need to update the config files on both SpaceTux shared Resources and this contract pack to list as compatable with 1.1.2

As a note, they both seem to work OK from what I can tell.  I might drop by and submit a pull request with the patch, but I've been stressed due to some family issues lately so I can't be sure I'll get it done.

I'll get to this in the evening

Alt-F10 reveals that this contract pack is disabled for me, and I'm not sure why or how to activate it. It's been installed since the beginning of the campaign. KVC pings me about compatibility every startup, but it does that for a lot of things that are 1.1 and now 1.1.2 in the .version file, and everything else works fine. This however, doesn't get me any contracts, and it's red in the contract configurator window in Alt-F10.

Any ideas? I'm in a heavily modded play-through, so perhaps something is busting it that's beyond all control....

Thanks for your time.

@linuxgurugamer

I think I got around to asking this once before, but may have forgotten. If I did already ask, I don't believe I ever got an answer, so I'd like to try again. Your SharedAssets dependency seems to still be for KSP 1.0.5 (according to KSP-AVC), except that it still works perfectly fine and as an example, GrandTours, works fine too but says it's up to date and for the most recent version of KSP.

Just wondering why this is, if it's a problem on my end, or if it's just something you looked over and is not important.

1 minute ago, KocLobster said:

@linuxgurugamer

I think I got around to asking this once before, but may have forgotten. If I did already ask, I don't believe I ever got an answer, so I'd like to try again. Your SharedAssets dependency seems to still be for KSP 1.0.5 (according to KSP-AVC), except that it still works perfectly fine and as an example, GrandTours, works fine too but says it's up to date and for the most recent version of KSP.

Just wondering why this is, if it's a problem on my end, or if it's just something you looked over and is not important.

something I haven't gotten around to doing, I hope to do it this evening

1 hour ago, charliepryor said:

Alt-F10 reveals that this contract pack is disabled for me, and I'm not sure why or how to activate it. It's been installed since the beginning of the campaign. KVC pings me about compatibility every startup, but it does that for a lot of things that are 1.1 and now 1.1.2 in the .version file, and everything else works fine. This however, doesn't get me any contracts, and it's red in the contract configurator window in Alt-F10.

Any ideas? I'm in a heavily modded play-through, so perhaps something is busting it that's beyond all control....

Thanks for your time.

If it's red, it didn't load.

I'll be looking at this later this evening, watch for an update

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

something I haven't gotten around to doing, I hope to do it this evening

Sounds good, thanks for the clarification. I'm curious; how difficult is it to update your code to 1.1.2, taking into consideration your mod already works just fine and its really just a version mismatch sort of thing? Is it fairly simple, or complicated?

19 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If it's red, it didn't load.

I'll be looking at this later this evening, watch for an update

The update I did last night was only for 1.1.2 compatibility, I haven't yet had a chance to test these contracts yet.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 9:20 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

The update I did last night was only for 1.1.2 compatibility, I haven't yet had a chance to test these contracts yet.

I been trying to get the unmanned contracts to work, but none of the contracts show up. I have all the prerequisits, module manager, coherent contracts, contract configurator, etc. I also have remote tech, but have unlocked all the main comms units. I've gone into space, into orbit, flew by the mun. contracts wont show. I've tried disabling all contracts except the unmanned contracts, and then I just get no contracts.

48 minutes ago, EliasDanger said:

I been trying to get the unmanned contracts to work, but none of the contracts show up. I have all the prerequisits, module manager, coherent contracts, contract configurator, etc. I also have remote tech, but have unlocked all the main comms units. I've gone into space, into orbit, flew by the mun. contracts wont show. I've tried disabling all contracts except the unmanned contracts, and then I just get no contracts.

Press alt-F10 to bring up the contract configurator debug menu and check if the unmanned missions are green. If they're red, there should be an error in the Debug Log. Screenshot that and that should set you on the right track to figuring out what's going wrong.

24 minutes ago, drhay53 said:

Press alt-F10 to bring up the contract configurator debug menu and check if the unmanned missions are green. If they're red, there should be an error in the Debug Log. Screenshot that and that should set you on the right track to figuring out what's going wrong.

i did that too. "CONTRACT_GROUP[STGUnmannedMissions]" is definitely green.

edit for more info: all my other contract packs work fine.

Edited by EliasDanger

I'm not sure what these contracts would be called in the alt-F12 contract "Add" menu. I don't see anything in mine named unmanned. I have gotten some of the contracts though, so I'm afraid I can't really help debug any further.

6 minutes ago, drhay53 said:

I'm not sure what these contracts would be called in the alt-F12 contract "Add" menu. I don't see anything in mine named unmanned. I have gotten some of the contracts though, so I'm afraid I can't really help debug any further.

at what point in your progress did you see the first one?

are you using unmanmed before manned and/or remote tech?

i had 5 out of 7 accepted. then i ran tests by having no contracts. started a new career, turned off all other contracts except the unmanned, went to space and orbit and they never appeared. with all the other contracts set to off, no contracts appeared at all.

6 hours ago, EliasDanger said:

i had 5 out of 7 accepted. then i ran tests by having no contracts. started a new career, turned off all other contracts except the unmanned, went to space and orbit and they never appeared. with all the other contracts set to off, no contracts appeared at all.

I've opened an issue with nightingale about this, the same problem is happening with the RoverMissions

FYI, all my contract packs use the Spacetux company, so if you don't see a flying penguin (see my image on this post) then you don't have any of the contracts available.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.