[1.2.1] Spacetux - Contract Pack: Unmanned Contracts, Rover Contracts, Grand Tours and Sprite Missions

linuxgurugamer

When you say part unlock, you mean as to when specific part(s) are available?

Regarding RemoteTech support, I'm going to definitely look at your RT pack, among other things to be sure I don't duplicate what you've already done.

Also, I'm looking for some people to test my rover contracts. I don't want to release them until someone else besides myself has looked at them and tried them out.

Any volunteers?

I was looking at your RT pack.

You seem to have covered those bases pretty well. So I'm now looking into incorporating the RT into my contracts.

If I'm reading the docs properly, the following parameter:

PARAMETER:NEEDS[RemoteTech]

{

means that the parameter is only active IF the NEEDS is satisfied. If the NEEDS is not satisfied, then that parameter will be inactive, but the rest of the contract will still work.

Is this correct?

Ok. So, the following would only do anything IF RemoteTech was installed. If it wasn't installed, this would act as if it wasn't even there.

REQUIREMENT[COLOR=#333333]:NEEDS[RemoteTech][/COLOR]
{
name = PartUnlocked
type = PartUnlocked

part = commDish
}

Right?

LGG

Is this compatible with Mission Controller 2? If not -- is there a way to turn on Grand Tours for that mod?

And is there a way to pump the grand tour value up a bit? They seem... Underwhelming.

Is this compatible with Mission Controller 2? If not -- is there a way to turn on Grand Tours for that mod?

And is there a way to pump the grand tour value up a bit? They seem... Underwhelming.

The values are undewhelming :-)

New version to be released later this evening with some better values.

Not sure what Mission Controller 2 has to do with it. Contract Configurator in general should be compatible with MC2. This contract pack itself may have some overlap in the type of contracts that MC2 provides, so I although I doubt anything will break if you have both, it may not be the "ideal" play experience.

As far grand tour contracts, I've never been aware of MC2 having them. I took a peek at the first post on malkuth's thread, and didn't see anything related to them. Perhaps you're thinking of the stock grand tours (which are disabled out of the box)?

Edited by nightingale
Not sure why I was calling it MI2...

What I worried about was that MC2 and this mod overwrite the same files, and that by getting this mod I would lose the MC2 contracts. I'm glad to know this isn't a case and will be downloading these mods (especially since you boosted Grand Tours!)

Question: You mention that the unmanned contracts pack works with Outer Planets Mod planets. Is that true of the Grand Tour contracts, too?

Grand tour of the OPM planets.... that will take a while without far future tech.

Already planned. I've already been in touch with CaptRobau, who is the author of OPM. His reply on April 9th included the following:

Do keep in mind that the current version of the mod is a bit iffy when it comes to contracts. I'm preparing a big update to a new system that should be bug free when it comes to contracts. So if you make contracts, test them and something weird happens like a bug, remember it'll probably be fixed in the next version.

So once his update is out, I'll start working on it. Since I've done this with scripts, it should be fairly easy to generate a set of contracts for OPM. I'll also be doing a set of contracts for OPM with the UnmannedContracts (and Rover contracts, when that is finished).

I haven't decided yet whether to simply include the contracts in the current mods, or to have two (or three, when the Rover missions are released) new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

What I worried about was that MC2 and this mod overwrite the same files, and that by getting this mod I would lose the MC2 contracts. I'm glad to know this isn't a case and will be downloading these mods (especially since you boosted Grand Tours!)

Question: You mention that the unmanned contracts pack works with Outer Planets Mod planets. Is that true of the Grand Tour contracts, too?

OPM is planned, not yet released. According to the author, OPM is a bit iffy (his words) when it comes to contracts. He is preparing a new release, and when that is out, I'll be incorporating OPM into these

Gotcha, I saw the three updates on KerbalStuff and was confused.

Sorry about that.

I totally redid the directory layout, and had a lowercase 'd' instead of an upper case 'D' in the GameData. This worked fine on my system, but CKAN was not happy about it at all. And the windows in which i was displaying it was small enough that it took me 3 hours before I saw what the problem was.

Oh the joys of coding :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any chance of the grand tours and unmanned contract packs getting a CKAN/1.0.2 update?

EDIT : Also the link on CKAN takes you to the closed thread (unmanned contract pack)

Edited by John FX

Hello. I maybe have a problem.

I am currently working on the contract: Crash a probe on Eve!

My Problem is, that i never get the state "Vessel destroyed". I think its within a problem of another mod.

I have have for example RemoteTech2 installed.

Can you check that, or can anybody tell me, how I can get the state Vessel destroyed?

I have nearly tried everything.

Thanks.

I am current on the contract Crash a Probe on Eve.

But I can't get the state: Vessel Destroyed.

So how i can do that? Maybe the problem occures because of another mod. Maybe RemoteTech2?

Can somebody help me please.

Thank you.

Edit: The requirements are: Below 75000m and between 500 and 5000 m/s.

Does that mean I have to crash on the surface with minimum 500 m/s?

Normally the state Destroyed should be marked as done, when crashing, unaffected of the speed?

Edited by patboy

Is it possible to "cheat" the destroyed vessel? because, i am at Eve and my root part is between a dish and a fuel tank, so it cannot be destroyed first.

Yup, press F12 to go to the debug menu, contracts, select that contract and tell it to complete it.

I did make a change in 1.0.3 that will mark something as destroyed if it gets changed to debris, so it's a little better than it was. I'm sure it's still not perfect, and it's not something I'm keen to look into (because then I'd have to start thinking about where the line is drawn between losing a few parts in rentry and the vessel being destroyed, based on the info that KSP gives me). If it is still problematic, I will look into it though (eventually).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.