Polar orbit mission difficulties

Solved: I was, in fact, going in the wrong direction like Kuzzter and Starhawk have guessed.

So I've taken a mission in which I need to launch an unmanned probe to a designated polar orbit.

The specifics are:

Apoapsis: 4,923,961 m

Periapsis: 4,627,454 m

Inclination: 90Ëš

Longitude of Ascending Node: 116.7Ëš

Argument of Periapsis: Undefined

I've been meddling with the orbit for probably up to 45 minutes now, never being able to satisfy the mission.

I've gotten my Apoapsis to 4,923,669 meters and have gotten my periapsis to 4,627,478.

I have no other specific information, but I've gotten my orbit so close to the designated one that I can't even tell them apart when I'm fully zoomed in.

Also, the only mods I have installed are FerramAerospaceResearch, TacLifeSupport, and ModuleManager. From my understanding, none of these should affect missions in any way.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. :)

I'll upload some screenshots to Imgur.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Fedas

There are small moving beads of light which indicate the direction of travel in the orbit.

The most common problem with these is orbiting the wrong way. Happened to me on my second satellite contract I ever did. The contract called for a keosynchronous orbit, which I mistakenly read as a keostationary orbit. I had the orbit perfectly matched in reverse. I didn't have enough delta-v to turn it around, so I had to terminate it and launch a new one.

Good luck and happy landings!

There are small moving beads of light which indicate the direction of travel in the orbit.

The most common problem with these is orbiting the wrong way. Happened to me on my second satellite contract I ever did. The contract called for a keosynchronous orbit, which I mistakenly read as a keostationary orbit. I had the orbit perfectly matched in reverse. I didn't have enough delta-v to turn it around, so I had to terminate it and launch a new one.

Good luck and happy landings!

Wow, I actually had no idea that I had to travel in a certain direction. I'll check it out. Thanks :D

Strange. As said, the usual problem is orbiting the wrong way, but one of your screenshots shows an Ascending Node of NaN degrees, which usually means it's almost perfectly zero. If you are orbiting the right way I assume you'll try closing and re-starting the game.

You really don't have to be very exact in order to complete the satellite missions. If the two orbits just look pretty close when you eyeball it, the contract will complete just fine. So, as others have said, it isn't your precision that's the problem. You're probably just going the wrong direction.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.