ResGen Mod {Version 0.3}

kuibird

What texture should these parts have?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What texture should these parts have?

• Stock-Alike
    • Futuristic

The title lies! It's in version 0.52!

Hi, this is my first mod (I will accept criticism graciously).

It has one custom resource:

• Strange Matter: The basis of this mod.

It features 5 parts

1. The ResGen 1 unit itself: This unit will consume ~8.6 units of Strange Matter to produce most units of fuel/resources.
  2. The ResGen 2 unit: This is the Mk2 variant of the ResGen 1, able to be fitted onto the Mk2 parts.
  3. Strange Matter Collection Unit: So far, this is the only way to actually generate Strange Matter, albeit at a slow pace.
  4. Strange Matter Containment Unit: The only thing that can store the Strange Matter. It contains 500 units of SM.
  5. Strange Matter Engine: Consumes SM and EC for a reasonable thrust of 150 and an ISP of an ION drive.

As of now, none of these parts have custom models :mad:. If anyone could try this mod out (maybe make a custom model+texture) that would be great. The target look for these parts are either Stock-alike or Futuristic.

Pictures!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Download link from Kerbal Stuff

Contributors:

• Anonymous (Idea for ResGen 2)
  • Tafi (patching the issues!)

Edited by kuibird
v0.5 now!

So, where is the Strange Matter collected? Is it collected anywhere, or do you have to be in a certain place for it to generate?

Looking at the files there are some solar panels that the output are Strange Matter so would say any where with the panels are getting sun light.

Edited by Mecripp2

@Kuibrid: Do you think you could post some pictures on the OP? I suggest using Imgur because you can use a special tag to put the album on the page, take a look at this page for a bunch of things you can do, including how to embed the Imgur album

Done!

• 1 month later...
Isn't resgen the name of one of the B9 dependencies?

Huh... so thats why people have a ResGen folder. Yeah, the release notes say that it uses the plugin for airbreathing engines.

I'll update it for 1.0, it has problems but not too terrible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.