How many times do you start over?

Tex

How many times do you restart your progress?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. How many times do you restart your progress?

• Never.
    • Only after a game-breaking problem.
    • Rarely if ever.
    • Sometimes.
    • Probably too often!
    • Other (Post below!)

Currently on my longest save so far and I'm at year 5-6 or something. Will soon have visited and scanned all celestial bodies and after that this save will have reached its completion. Currently fixing up the mods and extra config files I want for the next save in which I will add Lifesupport, MKS/OKS and Extraplanetary launchpads.

I consider each save an iteration towards the goal of finding my own ideal setup of mods for the experience I want. Most restarts are due to me breaking something when trying to get it to behave a way I want. The current one almost got canned when I accidentally started the game while trying out autopruner and lost half of my deep space probe network due to an unfortunate failure in reading comprehension on my part...

Rarely. I bought the game on .23 and I'd say I'm on my third or fourth "major" save now, depending on exactly which ones I count. I skipped .24 altogether because I had so much going on in my .23.5 save.

I start over frequently, for various reasons.

NaN creep, I'm sick of the plan for the game, I want to try a new mod cocktail, a new version of the game comes out, I actually complete all my goals for that save (hey, it happens)... those are all the reasons off the top of my head.

So I picked "other" :)

I've got career saves from each update, sometimes two or three to test different strategies for tech tree completion, and about three different sandbox saves. I've got two different 0.90 saves for trying career with different difficulty settings.

Usually each update ... sometimes twice each update ... the first time to test the new features without any mods ... and the second time as soon as all (for me essential ) mods have been updated for the new version

Edited by Godot

Usually I restart depending on how I want my game to play out and what group of mods I'm using together.

For instance, I'll start a new game to do a spaceplane only save (typically paired with Interstellar, otherwise I spend more time designing planes than flying them) or a real life replica save etc etc. Right now I'm starting a save that's based on stock friendly parts and KW.

I usually start over after an update. Apart from that, I start over when a modded save gets to the point where it randomly breaks the entire universe. Or when I get to the point where I've done everything I set out to do in that save.

I do at least 2 or 3 new careers every update. I usually start with a "normal" difficulty, then once I finish the tech tree and the scripted contracts for exploring every body I will start a new career on "hard". Then I usually stop playing for a month or more waiting for the next update.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.