[1.8] PersistentRotation 1.8.6

MarkusA380

If you upload your mod to Kerbalstuff and check the box to use CKAN, it'll just happen and always update when you upload there. It's the easiest way a modder can use it.

Also, for CKAn, you need to use the following license:

CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0

Spelling and case must be exact, otherwise it won't work properly with CKAN and will be rejected.

Also, for CKAn, you need to use the following license:

CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0[…]

This plugin is using GPL v3. Not sure if it's compatible with BY-NC-SA-4.0 but according to the specification you should be able to use GPL-3. I'd appreciate if it's available via CKAN :)

Looking forward to getting the GUI fully controllable. Love the mod so far. Quick question does this have any effect on EVA kerbals in space NOT under timewarp?

I don't think so. What effect are you thinking of?

P.S.: I am back.

Ok, a little heads up on what I have been working on:

I have implemented Blizzy's Toolbar and with it, you will have the old ISS mode back (The roation will then stay the same relatively to the planets horizon) and you will be able to toggle the Artificial Gravity Info.

But, with the help of BahamutoD and angavrilov I was able to make the ISS mode absolute. That means, you can go to the space center, warp your station to a different point in orbit and return to the flight scene, it will stay persistent.

The last thing I have no solution for yet is the ISS mode in realtime. The easiest way to achive this would be to give the SAS the roation it would use anyway when warping, but it turned out not to work like that. (e.g. extreme shivering)

In addition, ISS mode doesn't only work with the celestial body your vessel is orbiting, but instead EVERY celestial body! This means you can make probes that are always turned to Kerbol for highest efficency regarding the solar panels, or telescopes always observing Jool!

I also reworked the cfg file persistence-thingy, so the plugin will use only one file for all data (including ISS mode celestial body).

I won't release the next version until I solve the Realtime ISS mode problem, however. Thanks for your patience in advance. Happy rotating!

Edited by MarkusA380

In addition, ISS mode doesn't only work with the celestial body your vessel is orbiting, but instead EVERY celestial body! This means you can make probes that are always turned to Kerbol for highest efficency regarding the solar panels, or telescopes always observing Jool!

Whoha, this is fantastic! I'm trying to achieve this for quite some time with all kind of complex scripting. Note this will be great for Microwave Networking as well.

Edited by FreeThinker

The last thing I have no solution for yet is the ISS mode in realtime. The easiest way to achive this would be to give the SAS the roation it would use anyway when warping, but it turned out not to work like that. (e.g. extreme shivering)

Any ideas yet how to implement it? What about turning off SAS during warp and turn the crasft yourself .. Is that even possible ...

0.4.0 released! *sigh*

I am pretty sure there are bugs (no save breaking I believe), please tell me if you find them!

Found some by myself... and the fixing begins...

Edit: I released a small hotfix (0.4.1) fixing some issues.

Edited by MarkusA380

0.4.0 released! *sigh*

I am pretty sure there are bugs (no save breaking I believe), please tell me if you find them!

Found some by myself... and the fixing begins...

Edit: I released a small hotfix (0.4.1) fixing some issues.

"Yo dawg, i heard you like fixes, so i released fixes for your fixes"

Edited by MK3424

After installing the latest version 0.41 my craft hang in the air in exactly the way bricks don't...

meaning they do not progress along their orbit. The time to Pe decreases by 0.1s every second or so no matter the timewarp level.

My game acts as though timewarp is not affecting the craft but is affecting the planets.

I'll try removing the mod and see if that works.

Also, +1 from me for Ckan integration. I also prefer kerbalX for getting my mods too.

EDIT : Removed persistentrotation and everything works fine again.

Edited by John FX

After installing the latest version 0.41 my craft hang in the air in exactly the way bricks don't...

meaning they do not progress along their orbit. The time to Pe decreases by 0.1s every second or so no matter the timewarp level.

My game acts as though timewarp is not affecting the craft but is affecting the planets.

Also, +1 from me for Ckan integration. I also prefer kerbalX for getting my mods too.

Ummm. kerbalX doesn't host mods, just craft files. But it does list which mods are needed for each craft file

Can you give me more info on what happened? Can you recreate that issue? Or maybe send me the log file from when it happened?

Wich mods did you use?

- - - Updated - - -

Ummm. kerbalX doesn't host mods, just craft files. But it does list which mods are needed for each craft file

he means KerbalStuff.

Great mod, thanks!

I think there's one side-effect, though: now I can't warp faster than 2x due to the craft being "under acceleration". How do I deal with this?

Physical or non-physical timewarp?

Can you send me the log file from when it happened + maybe the save file (and a list of mods you use)?

Edited by MarkusA380

Great mod, thanks!

I think there's one side-effect, though: now I can't warp faster than 2x due to the craft being "under acceleration". How do I deal with this?

I am having this issue too with 0.41. I cant warp faster than 2x with non-physics timewarp