[1.8] PersistentRotation 1.8.6

MarkusA380

I'm having the same timewarp problems. Sometimes it does speed up time, but the rotation remains the same rate. (That is to say, the object's spin does not timewarp with the rest of it.)

---

And somehow restarting KSP a couple times fixed it?

---

Okay no. Restarting KSP a couple of times made it work fine for objects in orbit already, but the moment I tried to launch a new craft all the above-listed bugs occurred and it resulted in a totally ruined save (I'm not upset about the save loss, that happens I guess, I'm just reporting how bad those bugs were the moment they all started to build up). I can recreate this bug and send a log if needed.

I wonder, is there any way we can get a version of this that only maintains rotational speeds? That feature always worked fine enough for my uses. I really don't need or want the artificial gravity or reference-body modes because I can handle all of that well enough with MechJeb and RemoteTech. All I want is for timewarp to not senselessly stop all craft rotation (It's one of my most hated 'features' about KSP).

Edited by irbisgreif

I'm having the same timewarp problems. Sometimes it does speed up time, but the rotation remains the same rate. (That is to say, the object's spin does not timewarp with the rest of it.)

---

And somehow restarting KSP a couple times fixed it?

---

Okay no. Restarting KSP a couple of times made it work fine for objects in orbit already, but the moment I tried to launch a new craft all the above-listed bugs occurred and it resulted in a totally ruined save (I'm not upset about the save loss, that happens I guess, I'm just reporting how bad those bugs were the moment they all started to build up). I can recreate this bug and send a log if needed.

I wonder, is there any way we can get a version of this that only maintains rotational speeds? That feature always worked fine enough for my uses. I really don't need or want the artificial gravity or reference-body modes because I can handle all of that well enough with MechJeb and RemoteTech. All I want is for timewarp to not senselessly stop all craft rotation (It's one of my most hated 'features' about KSP).

As far as I can tell, it limits non-physics timewarp when SAS is NOT "directionaly activated" (SAS is NOT set to prograde, retrograde, normal, anti-normal, etc.). If I set SAS to one of these directions, I can warp just fine.

Another thing I've noticed: actually, it limits non-physics timewarp to 10x (what sometimes still is too slow). If I CLICK on the second arrow (on the top left panel) most of the times it will work. BUT if you use the keyboard shortcut ("."), it will go back to 1x when I get to 2x (what gives me the impression of 2x limiting).

Did I make myself clear? Sometimes I don't translate complex sentences (like in debug reports) from Portuguese to English correctly...

Maybe this might have a clue on the cause of this no-timewarp glitch?

If SAS is enabled, the old system will be used. Just, the rotation stops immideatly. I have already had this "follow the planets curvature" working but I will add it after further testing.

Granted I have a pretty heavily modded game...but the SAS toggle doesn't work for me, and is there a menu that is supposed to pop up for the artificial gravity, all I have is a grey bar at the top of my screen when I click on artificial gravity. Otherwise, brilliant idea of a mod!! I'm using Endurance and I would like to keep it spinning all the time.

Granted I have a pretty heavily modded game...but the SAS toggle doesn't work for me, and is there a menu that is supposed to pop up for the artificial gravity, all I have is a grey bar at the top of my screen when I click on artificial gravity. Otherwise, brilliant idea of a mod!! I'm using Endurance and I would like to keep it spinning all the time.

Do you have the toolbar mod installed?

This mod have body relative rotation? Ship too?

Man, you should be in touch to the creator of Remote Tech, to make the antenas point on the right direction to maintain communication.

As it is today, they don't need to point at, only have configuration set to other body/antenna/ship.

That would be marvelous, to have the antenna pointed (or the entire vessel, but wouldn't work with vessel with multiple antennas) to were it communicates..

Great mod by the way.

Found an incompatible mod (well, semi-incompatible). If you are using the FMRS mod and you use PR's toolbar to switch the Artificial Gravity window on, it will replace the FMRS window with its own every time. Luckily PR has the option to toggle this, where the previous version of this mod broke FMRS completely unless artificial gravity was disabled in the config. I'm not sure why these two share a window, I just thought I'd let you know.

Hmm. Seems to be in-order for me now except for one thing. I don't know if it's vessel design (moments of inertia) or some planet-tracking or whatnot, but sometimes time warping can impart odd spins (totally different directions, even) onto the craft or stop the spin when coming out of time warp. I've not yet tried launching a new craft from the pad (which is what caused the worst problems last time).

Edited by irbisgreif

That should have been fixed in 0.4.2 actually. Do you have the newest version installed?

I do. It's not happening every time, but sometimes it does just kick it in a different direction when time-warp ends, often at a 90 degree angle to where it was rotating. Makes me think of cross products.

Hey, i just install it and love to see the vessel spinning in time warp.

But i have to ask. Is there the possibility of having Mech Jeb integration, as, if i put pro grade (or any other node lock on MJ), the PersistentRotation hold that track? That manner, it will keep spinning when all is off, but if i hold sun direction, it will track that angle all time/ even in time warp.

Cheers and thank you by the a amazing mod!

:)

Hey, i just install it and love to see the vessel spinning in time warp.

But i have to ask. Is there the possibility of having Mech Jeb integration, as, if i put pro grade (or any other node lock on MJ), the PersistentRotation hold that track? That manner, it will keep spinning when all is off, but if i hold sun direction, it will track that angle all time/ even in time warp.

Cheers and thank you by the a amazing mod!

:)

You'd have to use the SAS system for that at present.

Tho, it'd make MechJeb go a little less crazy with warp/unwarp/warp/unwarp loops if the rotation mod could detect (I don't know how easy or hard this is) if mechjeb was holding a direction and thus maintain it when timewarp starts.

BTW, Markus, I hope you know that I love this mod. It's one of my most essentials xD

That should have been fixed in 0.4.2 actually. Do you have the newest version installed?

To let you know, after updating from 0.41 to 0.42 my issue of 'no movement along orbit during warp' has gone.

There still remains a minor issue where if I am rotating (pitch not roll) and enter rails warp my direction reverses and I am going the other way instead.There seems to be no change in speed, just direction. If I roll instead of pitch then the roll continues in the correct direction.

Maybe a + needs swapping for a - somewhere?

To let you know, after updating from 0.41 to 0.42 my issue of 'no movement along orbit during warp' has gone.

There still remains a minor issue where if I am rotating (pitch not roll) and enter rails warp my direction reverses and I am going the other way instead.There seems to be no change in speed, just direction. If I roll instead of pitch then the roll continues in the correct direction.

Maybe a + needs swapping for a - somewhere?

This could be my problem, I'd not paid attention to the types of rotation that were suddenly changing for me.

Ok, colour me impressed.

I knew this kept rotation going in timewarp, hence why I got the mod, but I just found that it keeps the rotation through loading/unloading of vessels too, and that's awesome. I don't have to worry about spinning things up every time I visit them, now :D

Great work, so far :)

I'm also experiencing problems with direction changing. It only happens if I attach a docking port to the bottom of my craft and try to control it from there. All directions but pitch seem to switch direction when controlling from that docking port. If you need more information, just let me know :)