[1.8] PersistentRotation 1.8.6

MarkusA380

0.4.3 released!

Asteroids spin now by default! I hope you like it guys! :D

(Yeah, looking at you, Gaiiden)

There may be some problems occuring, please tell me if you find them here or in a PM!

Edited by MarkusA380

Asteroids spin now by default! I hope you like it guys! :D

You. Rock. Will try to remember to come back to give some rep once it lets me again.

Also, don't feel you need to get skimpy on the rotation rates: http://www.geek.com/science/200000-ton-asteroid-tears-itself-apart-sunlight-to-blame-1587114/

Although, given how some people might want all their asteroids spinning but usable for docking/capture perhaps whatever range of rotation rate you're using could be exposed in a .cfg file

Did you see my comment about being able to see what body (if any) your craft is currently oriented towards via the selection menu?

Did you see my comment about being able to see what body (if any) your craft is currently oriented towards via the selection menu?

Well, I haven't figured out how to do that yet. But I will try to.

The idea with the rotation rates of asteroids defined in aa cfg is nice, but not very necessary. The rates are quite slow to still support docking. Also in reality, the rotation is indeed very slow, they just break apart because asteroids are not rock-solid but more like wet sand sticking together when it comes to stability. ;)

Love the mod but I noticed an incompatibility with 2 others (maybe it is resolved with the new version, I will have to try it out when I get home).

The 2 models in question are: TCA -throttle controlled avionics and NavUtilities. The problem is with the GUI. When I click on any of the mentioned mods button the window opens and disappears almost immediately. Upon deinstalation of "persistent rotation" the problem was gone.

I'm also experiencing problems with direction changing. It only happens if I attach a docking port to the bottom of my craft and try to control it from there. All directions but pitch seem to switch direction when controlling from that docking port. If you need more information, just let me know :)

I had not noticed before but it seems that the rotation reversal only happens when controlled by a docking port for me too. It's a bit cheaty as you can go in and out of warp to reverse your rotation instantly...

Good news about CKAN +1

Love the mod but I noticed an incompatibility with 2 others (maybe it is resolved with the new version, I will have to try it out when I get home).

The 2 models in question are: TCA -throttle controlled avionics and NavUtilities. The problem is with the GUI. When I click on any of the mentioned mods button the window opens and disappears almost immediately. Upon deinstalation of "persistent rotation" the problem was gone.

I just checked the GUI with the new version and it is working fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry that I had you waiting for so long... I will try to fix this one big problem with the rotation changing, and overall test it with 1.0.

Problem is, that Toolbar is not working with KSP 1.0. I will make PersistentRotation standalone, I guess.

Edited by MarkusA380

MarkusA380: How is toolbar not working? Yes there is an incompatibility warning, but that is solved with a simple text edit, that while it shouldn't be required, is all that it takes to make the warning go away. Functionally I haven't had issues. Unless you know of any?

Toolbar has been updated...

On one of my saves I have a solar powered craft that is spin stabilised around Minmus but unfortunately the spin is just a little too fast for the tracking solar panels to face the sun so I can't get enough power to make a connection to KSC (I use Remotetech) so I think the only cost effective solution is that I will have to wait until Kerbin moves along it's axis enough, the craft will slightly change it's angle to the sun and I can reactivate my craft.

The other option is to send a manned craft and point it at the sun manually but that would be costly...

Thanks for working on this mod, it really really makes the game seem like I'm flying a real craft instead of something I can just stop dead by warping.

I hope that one day there will be an option in the stock settings for "Persistent Rotation"

EDIT :

MarkusA380: How is toolbar not working? Yes there is an incompatibility warning, but that is solved with a simple text edit, that while it shouldn't be required, is all that it takes to make the warning go away. Functionally I haven't had issues. Unless you know of any?

I thought they meant that presistentrotation has bugs and a standalone version not using toolbar was in the works

Edited by John FX

any news about 1.0 or 1.0.2 ? patiently waiting for an update here lol

Well there is this.

No. I have found multiple issues, making it quite unusable. But I am working on them. Check this thread regularly, I will post an update soon! ;)