[1.8] PersistentRotation 1.8.6

MarkusA380

If you are using 0.5.1, you can hide it via the Stock Toolbar.

But even when the window is shown, it should hide when you hit F2 to clear the screen of all UI for screenshots or other general basking in the visual glory. Which is what I think the feedback was getting at since the screen is clear of all other windows and UI. Most mods do this so fingers crossed for you that it's easy-peasy.

Maybe I did something wrong, but even with v0.5.1 I don't see any button in the stock toolbar or blizzy's Toolbar.

Anyway, this mod is a great idea. I was looking since long for a way to keep my orbital telescopes pointed to the surface of a planet.

Version 0.5.2 released!

I hope its better than the last version, and that everyone is happy with it. I did not extensively test this version, so as always, I appreciate any feedback!

It would seem the PersistantRotation window does not save its position nor its hidden/shown status between scenes, and all pilots pile up in the artificial gravity overview with each scene change.

-fixed

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I did something wrong, but even with v0.5.1 I don't see any button in the stock toolbar or blizzy's Toolbar.

Anyway, this mod is a great idea. I was looking since long for a way to keep my orbital telescopes pointed to the surface of a planet.

You need to click "Configure" in the PersistentRotation GUI, then you can choose wich Toolbar (if any) to use.

Edited by MarkusA380

Thanks for this mod! Following the horizon or sun is just perfect. :)

But also I found some weirdness... At some point my station makes a yaw roll every orbit. Problem of "zero meridian" maybe? :)

Thanks for this mod! Following the horizon or sun is just perfect. :)

But also I found some weirdness... At some point my station makes a yaw roll every orbit. Problem of "zero meridian" maybe? :)

Yes, I also experienced that some time ago. But I have the bad feeling it's goona be hard to fix. As long as it is not too annoying you're gonna have to live with that for a while.

Btw, 10.-freaking-000 downloads on Kerbalstuff! Thank you guys!

Well if you have a small monitor (1360x768 here) and ALSO happen to use mods that add new celestial bodies, like OPM, the planet selection lacks of space and its not draggable apparently, so that's another thing I believe it should improve.

http://a.pomf.se/zcndkg.jpg

--Edit: or make something like Kerbal Engineer in the rendevouz menu, where the moons are submenus of their planets.

(Btw did you read my request about this mod detecting RemoteTech's SAS? Its so much better than the stock SAS...)

Well if you have a small monitor (1360x768 here) and ALSO happen to use mods that add new celestial bodies, like OPM, the planet selection lacks of space and its not draggable apparently, so that's another thing I believe it should improve.

http://a.pomf.se/zcndkg.jpg

--Edit: or make something like Kerbal Engineer in the rendevouz menu, where the moons are submenus of their planets.

Well, yes I will improve such aspects, but my mod is not yet designed to be compatible with everything crawling around out there. For now, OPM will go on the incompatible list.

(Btw did you read my request about this mod detecting RemoteTech's SAS? Its so much better than the stock SAS...)

See above. I am sure the RemoteTech SAS does not work like the stock one, so that's going to be some work.

Thanks for the feedback, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick compatability note - Malah's QuickHide now can "pin" toolbar icons so that we can now select what is shown on the stock toolbar. However, PR's window re-appears whenever the Hide is engaged.

Thanks for the feedback. Added to incompatibility list.

Quick compatability note - Malah's QuickHide now can "pin" toolbar icons so that we can now select what is shown on the stock toolbar. However, PR's window re-appears whenever the Hide is engaged.

Whoops, I'm wrong about this - in QuickHide you can disable "Set to false on hide" and PR will retain its minimized state.

Well, yes I will improve such aspects, but my mod is not yet designed to be compatible with everything crawling around out there. For now, OPM will go on the incompatible list.

See above. I am sure the RemoteTech SAS does not work like the stock one, so that's going to be some work.

Thanks for the feedback, though.

As far as I'm aware, the Remote Tech flight computer just points the vessel in the specified direction using whatever RCS/SAS options are available (if any). It is not an SAS itself, just a type of directional/orientation autopilot. My experience with using it is that when you come out of warp it immediately applies the appropriate torque to face in the specified direction in the same way the stock "auto" pilot holds orientation. I haven't tested how PR and RT work together currently, however, so I don't know (yet) how they interact. I hope to fix that this week, assuming I can get the time to play enough to get a comms network in place.

And, to add to the rest of the folks -- Thank you again for keeping this mod alive. I'm happy to be one of the 10,000+ people to have downloaded it from KerbalStuff, as this mod's feature was the first one I looked for back in 0.18 (and didn't find back then, or at all until you took over the mod a few months ago).

A small Question: Will this also stop the unnatural "wobble of death" from those huge docked crafts like space stations, with time warp?

Sorry, haven't played with your mod in 1.0.2 yet.

As far as I'm aware, the Remote Tech flight computer just points the vessel in the specified direction using whatever RCS/SAS options are available (if any). It is not an SAS itself, just a type of directional/orientation autopilot. My experience with using it is that when you come out of warp it immediately applies the appropriate torque to face in the specified direction in the same way the stock "auto" pilot holds orientation. I haven't tested how PR and RT work together currently, however, so I don't know (yet) how they interact. I hope to fix that this week, assuming I can get the time to play enough to get a comms network in place.

And, to add to the rest of the folks -- Thank you again for keeping this mod alive. I'm happy to be one of the 10,000+ people to have downloaded it from KerbalStuff, as this mod's feature was the first one I looked for back in 0.18 (and didn't find back then, or at all until you took over the mod a few months ago).

When I say SAS, I mean the hole thing including the autopiloting function. RT completely disables stock SAS/Autopilot, to the point that if you want to turn on the stock SAS/Autopilot you have to manually delete your current RT command. For example "point to node", "point to retrograde" etc., disables stock SAS/Autopilot. And this mod only works with stock SAS/Autopilot.

Edit: Actually I'm not sure if it would be more appropiate to ask in RT thread for a compatibility config with Persistent Rotation instead...?

Edited by eodh

Is the window supposed to be open every flight? Isn't supposed to remember I left it closed till I open it again, or is it opening every flight for everyone else? I am using 0.5.3

Is the window supposed to be open every flight? Isn't supposed to remember I left it closed till I open it again, or is it opening every flight for everyone else? I am using 0.5.3

0.5.3? Even I don't have that yet. :D

Yes, the hidden status is not persistent yet, I know. I will add it for the next version.

Edit: Small Teaser for next Version:

PolaDcE.png

Edited by MarkusA380

No offence, but mods that take screen space and don't respect user control are very annoying. Love the mod, but not worth the hassle everytime I go into a flight. It wasn't even about blizzy toolbar it's about not forcing a mod onto my screen. Uninstalled till it is really fixed :(

Attempting to download, (both Curse and Kerbal Stuff) and it will not complete the download. Sits and waited for awhile, never finishes.

TB

Nevermind. Third times a charm.

TB

Edited by TBryson2