[1.8] PersistentRotation 1.8.6

MarkusA380

7 hours ago, MarkusA380 said:

Here you go :)

Awesome, can also confirm this fixes the bug I was having with loading asteroids and seeing their orbits change drastically. On the last version I loaded one in orbit around the sun that was encountering Kerbin and the Pe changed from 68.5Mm to 72.7Mm!

11 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Awesome, can also confirm this fixes the bug I was having with loading asteroids and seeing their orbits change drastically. On the last version I loaded one in orbit around the sun that was encountering Kerbin and the Pe changed from 68.5Mm to 72.7Mm!

Yes, this should be fixed now.

The latest version has broken the textures on the toolbar icon and the 2 settings buttons on the main window of the mod. I tried replacing them with the textures from 1.8.2 but it didn't work so I assume it's something script based.

The last update broke more than it fixed, I am sorry. I am working full time to push a hotfix, the mod is usable, and won't break anything. Just in timewarp, the ship's spin will be off.

EDIT:

Phew, fixed it. Sorry about that. The new version should work like a charm, I tested it more thouroughly.

Edited by MarkusA380

2 hours ago, Headrip said:

The latest version has broken the textures on the toolbar icon and the 2 settings buttons on the main window of the mod. I tried replacing them with the textures from 1.8.2 but it didn't work so I assume it's something script based.

Does not sound like a mod side problem, it works perfectly on my instances. Let me guess, you have so much mods that you have no grasp which one breaks the game?

2 hours ago, MarkusA380 said:

Does not sound like a mod side problem, it works perfectly on my instances. Let me guess, you have so much mods that you have no grasp which one breaks the game?

Well it was only the textures for the buttons of your mod, not of every single mod... but 1.8.4 fixed it. Let me guess, your guessing game is not that strong.

2 hours ago, Headrip said:

Well it was only the textures for the buttons of your mod, not of every single mod... but 1.8.4 fixed it. Let me guess, your guessing game is not that strong.

Too bad I did not change any part of the mod related to this. I stand my point.

I think I might be having an issue with Persistent Rotation...I've consistently had different craft randomly shred apart and all manner of debris go at near light speeds in high polar orbits (1000Km+). It seems to happen after I activate Persistent Rotation "Relative" body rotation for a while for my craft with a celestial body selected, then after creating a maneuver node and deactivating Persistent Rotation's "Relative" rotation (As in both of the menu buttons being red), go into really high time compression, and upon exiting time compression the game locks for a second, and well RIP craft. I tested the most basic craft I could to make sure part clipping wasn't an issue, and it's not caused due to part clipping. I got rid of Persistent Rotation and it solved my issue. I'm not entirely sure if it's a new bug with the latest version, or if I'm having a mod conflict.

Also, I seem to have an issue with orbits shifting around slightly (Between 1m to 400m depending on orbit size) just from RW movements alone with PR installed, which also stopped after removing PR. Not sure if this is a mechanic introduced by this mod or not, thought I should mention it.

6 hours ago, chaoseclipse01 said:

I think I might be having an issue with Persistent Rotation...I've consistently had different craft randomly shred apart and all manner of debris go at near light speeds in high polar orbits (1000Km+). It seems to happen after I activate Persistent Rotation "Relative" body rotation for a while for my craft with a celestial body selected, then after creating a maneuver node and deactivating Persistent Rotation's "Relative" rotation (As in both of the menu buttons being red), go into really high time compression, and upon exiting time compression the game locks for a second, and well RIP craft. I tested the most basic craft I could to make sure part clipping wasn't an issue, and it's not caused due to part clipping. I got rid of Persistent Rotation and it solved my issue. I'm not entirely sure if it's a new bug with the latest version, or if I'm having a mod conflict.

Also, I seem to have an issue with orbits shifting around slightly (Between 1m to 400m depending on orbit size) just from RW movements alone with PR installed, which also stopped after removing PR. Not sure if this is a mechanic introduced by this mod or not, thought I should mention it.

You should check for an update before bothering to post issues :P If you read back a few posts you'll see both your issues have been discussed and already fixed

14 hours ago, chaoseclipse01 said:

Were you using 1.8.3 or 1.8.4?

As @Drew Kerman suggested, these bugs should be fixed now.

@MarkusA380 @Drew Kerman

I was using 1.8.3, I updated to 1.8.4, however, my issue still persists, no pun intended.

It only seems to happen when I fully deactivate PR, as in pressing the "Deactivate" button in the PR menu and have both the "Momentum" and "Rotation" buttons red, enter high time compression (1,000x+), then exiting high time compression (Zero Throttle, /, or "Warp to here" function). Managed to make it happen using just a Mk1 Command Capsule. I could record a video of this occurring because it happens every time under the criteria I mentioned.

Forgot to mention, I do have MechJeb2 and Warp Plugin, I did double-check and saw there was an issue with PR and MJ2, however, I have both the Warp Plugin and MJ2 updated to their latest versions, so there shouldn't be a mod conflict there. So far every launch from orbit has resulted in subluminal speeds, so my game hasn't crashed and thus no crash log. The only other potential conflict I can imagine is Kopernicus (Used to have Kerbol Star System installed, however I figured out KSS was causing my 45 minute load times, so I went back to just having the stock system).

Edited by chaoseclipse01
Derpy Typos

@MarkusA380 @Drew Kerman

Alright, I made a video of my bug happening. I show the bug happening the first time, then I play around with PR until I put it into the setting that causes the bug to happen every time on the final go. Video is currently uploading to YouTube, about an hour and a half left, will edit this post with the video link once it's done.

Edit: Here's the video. Precise steps to replicate results in video description.

Spoiler

By the way, I have the video set as Unlisted and comments disabled. I'll promptly remove the video after you're done seeing it, I don't want to give the impression I'm bashing the mod, I'm just trying to show the issue I'm having.

Edited by chaoseclipse01
Added video link

11 hours ago, chaoseclipse01 said:

@MarkusA380 @Drew Kerman

Alright, I made a video of my bug happening. I show the bug happening the first time, then I play around with PR until I put it into the setting that causes the bug to happen every time on the final go. Video is currently uploading to YouTube, about an hour and a half left, will edit this post with the video link once it's done.

Edit: Here's the video. Precise steps to replicate results in video description.

Hide contents

By the way, I have the video set as Unlisted and comments disabled. I'll promptly remove the video after you're done seeing it, I don't want to give the impression I'm bashing the mod, I'm just trying to show the issue I'm having.

Thank you very much for the video. I will look into it as soon as possible.

But don't worry, everybody is allowed to see the video, and you don't seem to be bashing the mod, but instead you're greatly helping to make it better. So, thank you. :)

Also, could you send a .log file of this occurance? I want to see if there are any exceptions coming up.

Edited by MarkusA380

19 minutes ago, MarkusA380 said:

Thank you very much for the video. I will look into it as soon as possible.

But don't worry, everybody is allowed to see the video, and you don't seem to be bashing the mod, but instead you're greatly helping to make it better. So, thank you. :)

Also, could you send a .log file of this occurance? I want to see if there are any exceptions coming up.

Give me a few minutes, going to delete my current log file and reload my game to generate a fresh one. That way you got an idea what all mods I have.

I'm also going to attempt to force the game to crash so I can see if I can provide a crash log as well.

Edited by chaoseclipse01

@MarkusA380 Well, this is slightly annoying. I can't seem to get anything to launch faster than 1c to make my game crash. I'll try to get it to crash later, but for now here's my KSP.log file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxPXtptMuIe2aWFRZ0xUUjNqb0E/view?usp=sharing

It's a little on the large size at 5MB.

Edit:

I still can't get the game to crash so I can generate a crash log, but while messing around I think I may have come up with a temporary solution to prevent the bug from happening until it can be properly fixed.

Under the Rotation menu only, once a reference body has been selected, disable or "Grey out" the Activate/Deactivate button so that the only way to stop PR from working would be to set the reference body to "None," which re-enables the Activate/Deactivate button, seeing how the bug doesn't happen once the reference body is set back to none. This way it prevents people from setting up the condition to cause the bug to happen in the first place.

Edit: Something else I noticed while watching the video I made, under the condition when the bug happens, I notice all the parts on the craft get shoved into the command module. Does this mod calculate and modify the rotation and location of all the parts of a craft rather than just the command module only?

Edited by chaoseclipse01

I thought I noticed this earlier but I didn't really pay attention until now - asteroids are definitely no longer being spun up when I visit them for the first time from the Tracking Station

Oh, right - I noticed this after the 1.8.3 update but then saw 1.8.4 was out so waited until I was able to snag that before reporting the issue then forgot to check afterwards

Edited by Drew Kerman

4 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

I thought I noticed this earlier but I didn't really pay attention until now - asteroids are definitely no longer being spun up when I visit them for the first time from the Tracking Station

Oh, right - I noticed this after the 1.8.3 update but then saw 1.8.4 was out so waited until I was able to snag that before reporting the issue then forgot to check afterwards

So does it still happen or not? I am confused by your sentence :wink:

I will look into it asap, combined with the problem reported by @chaoseclipse01.

EDIT: @Drew Kerman, your problem could not be reproduced. I warped to many different Asteroids using HyperEdit, they all rotated normally.

Edited by MarkusA380

1 hour ago, MarkusA380 said:

problem could not be reproduced. I warped to many different Asteroids using HyperEdit, they all rotated normally

well crap. I don't have time to debug this and don't really care to be honest right now since I'm not visiting any asteroids soon nor do I make note of their spin for my roleplay at this time. However, try using Kerbal Alarm Clock to jump to the asteroid - just select it in the tracking station and create a Raw Timer - I delete the default 10 seconds and it triggers an immediate alarm with the option to jump to the asteroid. That's how I always do it. All the mods I have installed when I mess with asteroids are:

LoadingScreenManager v1.1.0.0
ModuleManager.2.7.6 v2.7.6.0
aaa_Toolbar v1.0.0.0 / v1.7.13.0
USITools v1.0.0.0
AutoSave v1.0.0.0
CustomAsteroids v1.4.1.0
HaystackContinued v0.5.2.1
ModularFlightIntegrator v1.0.0.0 / v1.2.4.0
Kopernicus v1.0.0.0
KSPTOTConnect v1.0.0.0
PersistentRotation v1.0.0.0
TooManyOrbits v1.1.0.0 / v1.0.0.0
KerbalAlarmClock v3.8.4.0
KSPAlternateResourcePanel v2.9.1.0
DynamicTanks v1.0.0.0
Konstruction v0.0.0.0

Edited by Drew Kerman

1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

well crap. I don't have time to debug this and don't really care to be honest right now since I'm not visiting any asteroids soon nor do I make note of their spin for my roleplay at this time. However, try using Kerbal Alarm Clock to jump to the asteroid - just select it in the tracking station and create a Raw Timer - I delete the default 10 seconds and it triggers an immediate alarm with the option to jump to the asteroid. That's how I always do it. All the mods I have installed when I mess with asteroids are:

LoadingScreenManager v1.1.0.0
ModuleManager.2.7.6 v2.7.6.0
aaa_Toolbar v1.0.0.0 / v1.7.13.0
USITools v1.0.0.0
AutoSave v1.0.0.0
CustomAsteroids v1.4.1.0
HaystackContinued v0.5.2.1
ModularFlightIntegrator v1.0.0.0 / v1.2.4.0
Kopernicus v1.0.0.0
KSPTOTConnect v1.0.0.0
PersistentRotation v1.0.0.0
TooManyOrbits v1.1.0.0 / v1.0.0.0
KerbalAlarmClock v3.8.4.0
KSPAlternateResourcePanel v2.9.1.0
DynamicTanks v1.0.0.0
Konstruction v0.0.0.0

Do me a favor: Just delete the .cfg files in the PR folder (unless, of course, you have a very important roating vessel in your game) and go to the asteroid again. It could be that it rotates now.

2 hours ago, MarkusA380 said:

Do me a favor: Just delete the .cfg files in the PR folder (unless, of course, you have a very important roating vessel in your game) and go to the asteroid again. It could be that it rotates now.

Yea, sorry should have mentioned I tried that already. I also looked at the asteroid in my SFS file to see if PR had any modules there I was missing. I also made sure to visit both asteroids I had in my save prior to the latest update and asteroids that were discovered after the latest update. Have you tried KAC? You want logs?

Further note - I had an asteroid actually pass through Kerbin's atmosphere and aerobrake - it came out the other side spinning thanks to FAR. I exited the flight scene and re-visited it from the Tracking Station thru KAC like I normally do and the spin was still there.

Edited by Drew Kerman

12 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Yea, sorry should have mentioned I tried that already. I also looked at the asteroid in my SFS file to see if PR had any modules there I was missing. I also made sure to visit both asteroids I had in my save prior to the latest update and asteroids that were discovered after the latest update. Have you tried KAC? You want logs?

Further note - I had an asteroid actually pass through Kerbin's atmosphere and aerobrake - it came out the other side spinning thanks to FAR. I exited the flight scene and re-visited it from the Tracking Station thru KAC like I normally do and the spin was still there.

Interesting. Can you send me the rotation .cfg entry of one of the non spinning asteroids? A log would be nice, also.

• 2 weeks later...