[1.8] PersistentRotation 1.8.6

MarkusA380

Hmm... the issue seems to start here:

[LOG 02:38:24.733] Packing Harrier 1 for orbit
[LOG 02:38:41.422] 9/12/2016 2:38:41 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Reducing Warp-Transition
[LOG 02:38:42.523] Unpacking Harrier 1
[ERR 02:38:42.805] Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "HECS2.ProbeCore (Harrier 1)/model/VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Command/ProbeCores/HECS2(Clone)/Hecs2Tops/Collider"

My assumption being that there is a bad interaction between KAC stopping warp and PR applying the appropriate 'rotation' to the vessel after warp is over? PR wouldn't have to have an exception for it to be 'at fault'. All the exceptions below this are probably due to the bad unpack here.

I appreciate you taking the time to look at it. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Conventia said:

Hmm... the issue seems to start here:

[LOG 02:38:24.733] Packing Harrier 1 for orbit
[LOG 02:38:41.422] 9/12/2016 2:38:41 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Reducing Warp-Transition
[LOG 02:38:42.523] Unpacking Harrier 1
[ERR 02:38:42.805] Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "HECS2.ProbeCore (Harrier 1)/model/VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Command/ProbeCores/HECS2(Clone)/Hecs2Tops/Collider"

My assumption being that there is a bad interaction between KAC stopping warp and PR applying the appropriate 'rotation' to the vessel after warp is over? PR wouldn't have to have an exception for it to be 'at fault'. All the exceptions below this are probably due to the bad unpack here.

I appreciate you taking the time to look at it. Thanks.

Of course, it could be. But PR only applies some force and / or sets the rotation of the vessel when unpacking. If something goes wrong, it tells you. I'd first knock at a couple of other devs than on the one whose mod does not throw any errors at all.

Of course, maybe there is some incompatibility between my mod and one of the others, but it's them throwing the exceptions, so it's something I can't do anything about.

3 hours ago, NubNibble said:

The icon for the mod doesnt show up for me on the right side toolbar, nor in the 000 toolbar. Positive I installed correctly though. Any ideas?

Mine goes a little farther than that, not only do I not get the icons to show but the mod isn't working at all or doesn't load with the latest release. Reverting back to previous solves the issue. Something changed and isn't working for me. I run this in a RO/RSS modded game.

7 hours ago, MarkusA380 said:

Do you all have the newest version of KSP 1.2-pre? 1.1.3 is not supported anymore.

Just uninstalled the latest version and download and install the 1.1.3 manually here

Edited by DrLicor

On 23.9.2016 at 8:01 AM, MarkusA380 said:

Do you all have the newest version of KSP 1.2-pre? 1.1.3 is not supported anymore.

Only not supported anyomore. Or not working anymore? The latter would be quite annonying. Ckan replaced persistent rotation already with 1.8 in my installation and I won't be changing to 1.2 soon, because many other mods will have to be updated. So it would be nice to have a working and up to date persistant rotation mod in the mean time.

Awesome mod btw, keep up the good work :)

13 hours ago, dtrauma said:

CKAN thinks 1.8.1 is for KSP 1.1.3, which is bad for both people with 1.2 and 1.1.3 :).

CKAN has some issues if you have two different buildID's. If the one is 1.1.3 and other 1.2, it will choose the 1.1.3.

EDIT: This will be fixed with the next CKAN release, for now you can get around this issue by deleting the 1.1.3 buildID.

Edited by Olympic1
update

9 minutes ago, Rodger said:

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but I seem to be getting a bit of drift in KSP 1.2pre 1532 and PR 1.8.1

http://imgur.com/a/ZXhPW

When turning SAS and MechJeb off the vessel indeed falls back into Momentum Mode. Even when there is no visible momentum to the eye, there will always be a slight amount of it, so in Momentum Mode you will experience a drift anyway.

Ah yes, I didn't notice the switch to momentum mode. And the reason I'd tested it with no SAS is I just forgot that you needed to set SAS to hold, not to some 'advanced' marker lol

It's definitely working as intended though, thanks for the update!

Also an idea for a new minor feature - an option to have it default to on/dynamic?

Edited by Rodger

10 minutes ago, Rodger said:

Ah yes, I didn't notice the switch to momentum mode. And the reason I'd tested it with no SAS is I just forgot that you needed to set SAS to hold, not to some 'advanced' marker lol

It's definitely working as intended though, thanks for the update!

Also an idea for a new minor feature - an option to have it default to on/dynamic?

Go into the config window :wink:

On 9/23/2016 at 0:01 AM, MarkusA380 said:

CKAN replaces the 1.1.3 version with 1.8.1. Can you add to your GitHub release page the PR 1.8 version so I can fix my 1.1.3 install? That would rock. You don't have to support it, just make the version available. :)

Edited by inigma

11 minutes ago, inigma said:

CKAN replaces the 1.1.3 version with 1.8.1. Can you add to your GitHub release page the PR 1.8 version so I can fix my 1.1.3 install? That would rock. You don't have to support it, just make the version available. :)

Go to Curse -> PR -> Downloads -> 1.8. :wink:

40 minutes ago, inigma said:

This is now fixed on CKAN. It will show that 1.8 is for 1.2, but that is just some problem we have because its a pre.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

just reporting an issue, that I think, has something to do with persistant rotation: I was tweaking the trajectory of my mars probe and decided to use the relative rotation feature to keep the probe aligned proper to the sun. After choosing the sun as body in Persistant rotation, the whole screen (except all of the menus) turned black. Also the inside of the navball dissapeard and only a black area was visible. Short after, ksp crashed with the error on the screenshot. The same happens, if I restart KSP and try to jump to the Mars probe. Jumping to other vessels still works.I've attached the error message below:

http://imgur.com/a/KQWuT