[1.8] PersistentRotation 1.8.6

MarkusA380

4 minutes ago, leatherneck6017 said:

It is disabled by default. It's only "on" if you set a reference for it to use.

Thanks, just noticed it wasn't officialy updated to 1.6.*, can I go with last 1.4 version or do I need the recompile you did so it works properly? In that case, could you share it?

Thanks

1 minute ago, kurgut said:

Thanks, just noticed it wasn't officialy updated to 1.6.*, can I go with last 1.4 version or do I need the recompile you did so it works properly? In that case, could you share it?

Thanks

I believe the 1.4 version was working fine, but I did the recompile just because. The Dropbox link to my recompile is a few posts back.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Phelan said:

Is there a way to move the little PR window or toggle it via a toolbar button or so? As it is, it's sitting smack dab in the middle of the Kerbal Engineer info panel (that I really don't want to move) :/

I dont know about *moving* it (which would be nice to be able to do), but as to toggling it, yes... You click the square button on the right, and there are three options:
Always Visible, Stock Toolbar, Blizzy Toolbar.
If you have the Toolbar mod installed, click the "Blizzy" option, and you can add a PR button on the Blizzy Toolbar which will toggle the PR window on/off... or likewaise, if you select "Stock Toolabr" it will add the toggle icon to the stock toolbar.

2 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

I dont know about *moving* it (which would be nice to be able to do), but as to toggling it, yes... You click the square button on the right, and there are three options:
Always Visible, Stock Toolbar, Blizzy Toolbar.
If you have the Toolbar mod installed, click the "Blizzy" option, and you can add a PR button on the Blizzy Toolbar which will toggle the PR window on/off... or likewaise, if you select "Stock Toolabr" it will add the toggle icon to the stock toolbar.

Ah, I thought that would just toggle the PR function :) Thanks, I finally can see my orbital stats again :D

@Phelan oh shoot... I just started up KSP and checked this...
Also, when you click the "square" button, when it shows as "underline" button and the UI is expanded, you can in that state, drag/drop the PR window by grabbing anywhere in the window ;)

And i made mistake in my first post... its the cog wheel/settings button you click to select the choice of Always Visible, Stock, Blizzy... not the square :P

Edited by Stone Blue

1 minute ago, Stone Blue said:

@Phelan oh shoot... I just started up KSP and checked this...
Also, when you click the "square" button, when it shows as "underline" button, you can in that state, drag/drop the PR window by grabbing anywhere in the window ;)

Ohh, even better :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I'm wanting to set an exact orientation and rotation so that it doesn't drift over time.

I had a look at the save files but after a bit of futile experimentation with the rotation quaternion and direction vector I gave up.

Anyone got any suggestions for this sort of thing?

Thanks

22 hours ago, OminousPenguin said:

Hi all. I'm wanting to set an exact orientation and rotation so that it doesn't drift over time.

I had a look at the save files but after a bit of futile experimentation with the rotation quaternion and direction vector I gave up.

Anyone got any suggestions for this sort of thing?

Thanks

For me, what works depends on what I want to set my rotation relative to. I tend not to use Dynamic, as I prefer to choose the reference body myself. 

Then I switch on SAS and let it be. I find that my vehicles tend to hold that relative positioning over time. Example: I have a vehicle with fixed solar panels en route from Kerbin to the Mun. I change the reference body to the Sun, set my orientation as I choose, set SAS to on, and then let it go.

I have not, however, updated yet to 1.7.3. 

Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...
On 2/4/2020 at 3:45 AM, Zorg said:

Just a little heads up for anyone who may be curious, although not officially updated, PersistentRotation seems to be functioning fine in KSP 1.8.1 :)

Also, the below post by @Leatherneck6017 shares a link to a compatible version. He posted it back in October last year. Just a little FYI.

On 10/29/2019 at 9:35 PM, leatherneck6017 said:

Unofficial build for 1.8.1 here: https://github.com/leatherneck6017/PersistentRotation/releases

Updated to .NET 4.5

Added required references and recompiled

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IronPanda said:

Hi,

Wich version is up to date for 1.8.1, the unofficial or the release in the git:
https://github.com/markusa380/PersistentRotation/releases

Thanks in advance ;)

I would use the official now. I would also probably go ahead and try v1.8.7 (1.9.x) version, as, based on the release notes, it seems to be only a version update, with no other changes available. vOv

• 2 weeks later...