[1.8] PersistentRotation 1.8.6

MarkusA380

59 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I suggest installing both and seeing if it works.

"Both" of this and what?

EDIT:

@EricSan said "Is there a compatible mod that adds orbital decay while in low orbit? Could this be added to this mod maybe?"

This stupid excuse for great piece of forum software doesn't seem to allow to edit-in nested quotes post facto, and it doesn't do them automatically in the first place. I really wish there was a way to edit the markup directly, without this WYSIWYdontG nonsense. "WISY" translates to baby speak for <Papa India double-Sierra> where I live, and for a good reason too.

Edited by Corax
reference to original question

38 minutes ago, Corax said:

"Both" of this and what?

Oops it looks like I read it wrong! I thought that @EricSan was asking if Orbital Decay and Persistent Rotation were compatible, and I suggested trying to install both of them to see. It looks like he was asking generally if there was an orbital decay mod. Eric there is a mod that adds this, although it hasn't been updated for 1.9 yet. You can try it though. Orbital Decay - Resumed

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Thanks! I'm actually running 1.3.1 with galileo's planet pack. I'm definitely going to be adding PR and OD tomorrow. I think I will save a back up copy of my game since I'm experimenting with lots of mods and massive stations using part welder, I almost expect something to break at this point.
FWP2cmy.pngehHDsdt.png

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, josselin2196 said:

Did there are a way to keep a space station always pointing to earth like ISS when using mechjeb smart ASS instead of stock SAS

Yes.  If the standard radial in/out or prograde/retrograde isn't enough look in the ADV section. You can pick several different reference to align with.  I generally set my stations to align solar panels with the sun.

• 1 month later...

Is there a setting to turn off persistent rotation on asteroids?

While that feature does make docking an asteroid harder, I would think all asteroids do not have spin, at least not persistent spin and certainly not as fast, since there is no propulsion on them, so a decaying spin would be better unless some SOI causes them to rotate for instance having one rotation per rotation around the sun, or corresponding body.

It would be great to turn this feature off, or have a setting to suggest relative spin.

• 1 month later...

Hi there, despite its reporting to be compatible 1.10 on ckan, can anyone confirm to be maintaining this mod still?

I've found a quite weird issue, using Krash as well for vessel simulations, I wanted to test a mun return, so whenever I started timewarp to wait for my ejection burn, the vessel skipped in time, like orientation a position, weird AF like waiting for the maneuver to come and suddenly way ahead of it.

41 minutes ago, Gfurst said:

Hi there, despite its reporting to be compatible 1.10 on ckan, can anyone confirm to be maintaining this mod still?

I've found a quite weird issue, using Krash as well for vessel simulations, I wanted to test a mun return, so whenever I started timewarp to wait for my ejection burn, the vessel skipped in time, like orientation a position, weird AF like waiting for the maneuver to come and suddenly way ahead of it.

That's a weird KRASH issue, not related to this mod

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/16/2020 at 9:00 PM, Gordon Dry said:

So, besides @Darkuss - does anybody else have issues with running this on KSP 1.10.1 ?

Can anybody confirm that it works without toolbar button replication issues?

I could test it myself, but you know, why not ask for other people's experience?

I haven't tried it extensively, but after one rocket launch yesterday on Kerbin, it seemed to work flawlessly. (1.10)
I'll let you know if I find any further issues.

So i was testing my spinning station with this mod, i don't understand why the mod kept oscillating the roll back and forward when i set a RPM, it keeps rotating back and forward. Next, I try relative rotation, i set the sun and use a front docking port as control point, it didn't even do anything, the whole craft is still facing the same direction, not facing the sun.

And lastly, pain (ksp log file ) https://drive.google.com/file/d/128lbVBjugsjNHsK-bK2ycEphFuanqUrB/view?usp=sharing 

Update: The mod CORRUPTED MY WHOLE CRAFT

Edited by Sirius K

On 10/24/2020 at 9:58 AM, Sirius K said:

Next, I try relative rotation, i set the sun and use a front docking port as control point, it didn't even do anything, the whole craft is still facing the same direction, not facing the sun.

@Sirius K Relative rotation mode makes you spin relative to the object you selected, not face it. For example when you orbit Kerbin and select the Sun as relative rotation object and you face prograde, you will face that direction at all times relative to the Sun's surface. But if you set it to Kerbin, you will make your craft spin prograde relative to Kerbin's surface

Edited by Darkuss

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2020 at 22:12, Virtualgenius said:

Alguém tem isso funcionando com 1.11.1

Hello Virtualgenius...

I tested it on KSP 1.11.0 and it worked, but I use some mods and it made it disappear. It worked before installing 3 mods but I don't know what the connection is between them and PersistentRotation.

(DockRotate; DockSafe; Trajectories).

I'm trying to make it work like before.
It may work in version 1.11.1 but it should be unstable, so watch out for other mods ... or wait for MarkusA380 to update the mod ...

On 2/13/2021 at 8:18 PM, KallangoVerde said:

Hello Virtualgenius...

I tested it on KSP 1.11.0 and it worked, but I use some mods and it made it disappear. It worked before installing 3 mods but I don't know what the connection is between them and PersistentRotation.

(DockRotate; DockSafe; Trajectories).

I'm trying to make it work like before.
It may work in version 1.11.1 but it should be unstable, so watch out for other mods ... or wait for MarkusA380 to update the mod ...

@MarkusA380hasn't  been around in a year.  I may take a look at this.  If you could get me a log file of it not working with those 3 mods, I can take a look to see if anything is obvious.

Regardless, I may adopt this soon.

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@ MarkusA380não existe há um ano. Eu posso dar uma olhada nisso. Se você puder obter um arquivo de log dele que não funciona com esses 3 mods, posso dar uma olhada para ver se algo é óbvio.

Independentemente disso, posso adotar isso em breve.

(GOOGLE TRANSLATE);p

I realized but I wasn't sure kkk
I managed to solve the problem with a clean reinstall (full ckan) and it is now working with mastery in version 1.11.0 ...(MY BAD:confused:)
Thanks for the help and it's good to know that you will soon be able to take on this mod again, you are 10 !!
I can't get this mod off my list of ESSENTIALS kkkk

1 hour ago, KallangoVerde said:

(GOOGLE TRANSLATE);p

I realized but I wasn't sure kkk
I managed to solve the problem with a clean reinstall (full ckan) and it is now working with mastery in version 1.11.0 ...(MY BAD:confused:)
Thanks for the help and it's good to know that you will soon be able to take on this mod again, you are 10 !!
I can't get this mod off my list of ESSENTIALS kkkk

Oh, great.  That makes it easier for me.  

I've merged in some localization stuff and a prograde mode.  I'll be added the Toolbarcontroller to simplify the code a lot before release.

I do have it working in 1.10 and 1.11