[1.8] PersistentRotation 1.8.6

MarkusA380

Seems like a great addition to KSP, but I'm running into the problem of not knowing if another object I'm close to is rotating.

Fx. trying to dock with space station, it can really warp the experience as you can't really get a feel, due to how camera and movement works, that the object your trying to dock with is actually spinning.

On 1/2/2016 at 11:46 AM, MarkusA380 said:

So do you guys want me to change this?

I would like to bring this back up to say if you don't want to move to the save game file which really would be ideal. Then would you move your .cfgs to a plugindata folder inside your mod. The reason I ask is I believe the fact that the files are quite likely to have changes made, and because they are just inside a regular folder in the GameData folder each time a user plays it will trigger MM to not load the cache due to file changes. So if they are in a plugindata folder inside your folder they won't be  read at least letting MM load the cache file and save time loading the game. Correct me if I am wrong @sarbian. Thanks!

On 02/01/2016 at 5:46 PM, MarkusA380 said:

So do you guys want me to change this?

If it isn't too much trouble, I'd say go for it.

Integration into the standard save file mechanism can only improve compatibility with other mods that allow or require to revert flights - Kerbal Construction Time's simulations come to mind, and I'm certain there are a few others. For the sake of interoperability, the less mods cook their own ways, the better.

On 2/27/2016 at 10:47 AM, Corax said:

If it isn't too much trouble, I'd say go for it.

Integration into the standard save file mechanism can only improve compatibility with other mods that allow or require to revert flights - Kerbal Construction Time's simulations come to mind, and I'm certain there are a few others. For the sake of interoperability, the less mods cook their own ways, the better.

Let me add that this would be handy for KRASH as well (new sim mod).

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using this mod and loving it, I do have a couple comments.  

For this to function you have to have SAS turned on, and it seems that with Remote Tech, when your craft gets far away from KSC and their is a signal delay in the mix, then SAS does not work so well, it just jitters back and forth endlessly overcorrecting.   Hmm, I will have to test if it still works when using the remote tech computer to hold a course...  

I also wished it was more stripped down, instead of having a UI with three windows I just want it to always be active for whatever celestial body I am closest to.  I really don't need any more functionality than that. 

On 16.3.2016 at 7:21 PM, eberkain said:

I've been using this mod and loving it, I do have a couple comments.  

For this to function you have to have SAS turned on, and it seems that with Remote Tech, when your craft gets far away from KSC and their is a signal delay in the mix, then SAS does not work so well, it just jitters back and forth endlessly overcorrecting.   Hmm, I will have to test if it still works when using the remote tech computer to hold a course...  

I also wished it was more stripped down, instead of having a UI with three windows I just want it to always be active for whatever celestial body I am closest to.  I really don't need any more functionality than that. 

So a "Simple Mode", huh? Yeah, idk if that is really necessary and people would like it...

First of all, thanks for the amazing mod !! You're really doing a great work !

I also would like a "Simple Mode", I always thought that adding mods UI breaks the feeling of the stock game. What would be really great would be to select the reference celestial body directly from the pod/cockpit menu where there is the toggle torque etc.. or on the reactions wheel menu. It could really add to the game without breaking the immersion

Or perhaps just an input where we could set ourself the value or the desired rotation (we would calculated ourselfs how much it should be depending on which celectial body we want to face etc..)

Edited by Nago

By contrast, I'd like to ask about an "Advanced mode" :D i.e. a mode where having SAS on will only zero out rotation if the angular velocity is below a (very low) threshold. And for body-relative rotation, might the vessel consume some miniscule amount of resources required by torque-providing parts? (note: 1.1 should make that easier with ITorqueProvider).

On 29.3.2016 at 4:29 AM, NathanKell said:

By contrast, I'd like to ask about an "Advanced mode" :D i.e. a mode where having SAS on will only zero out rotation if the angular velocity is below a (very low) threshold. And for body-relative rotation, might the vessel consume some miniscule amount of resources required by torque-providing parts? (note: 1.1 should make that easier with ITorqueProvider).

Hi Nathan! Cool to see you guys use my mod! You could've added PR functionality to 1.1 vanilla, you know. :D

Anyway, sounds like an awesome idea.

[1.1] 1.0.3 Prerelease now out!

There is no new content, just a compatibility update with some ductape.

Anyway, I'd like to hear about any problems you run into!

54 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

@MarkusA380 :)

And, well, that presumes I had this thing called "time" :P We've been super busy alas.

Yeah sure, I completely understand. Just trying out the prerlease and it is super shiny! Great work, indeed.

Still, Timewarp momentum and surface relative rotation are quite essential for realism, in my opinion (obviously).

I just hope its gonna get into one of the future updates, you know. :)

I have decided not to add any features like Kerbals staying healthy when in Artificial Gravity environments. It would be too much work for me and it would be rendered useless by any mod devoted to kerbal fitness (like keepfit). I won't cooperate with one of them, though, because they aim for different ways to keep the kerbals fit. I hope everybody understands that.

Next update with 1.1 compatiblility and the RPM overwrite feature will be out soon.

Edited by MarkusA380

23 hours ago, hraban said:

Hello Markus,

you know, persistant body reference was not stored. Every change a ship, satellite or other object, the persistant body reference is 'none'. Also by reload savegames.

Huh. Sure you're using it correctly? Otherwise please submit the problem to the bug tracker, containing all the necessary information for me to fix it.

1 minute ago, MarkusA380 said:

Huh. Sure you're using it correctly? Otherwise please submit the problem to the bug tracker, containing all the necessary information for me to fix it.

Sorry, i forgot to write: Use the last prerelease of KSP with your pre 1.1 Version.

Is the use different to the 1.0.5 Version?