The 'new forum' is a joke.

Robotengineer

When did everyone lose their critical thinking abilities? This is the most obvious April Fool's joke I've EVER seen. And I really mean that.

Don't you remember the thread we had a couple of weeks ago, complaining about how news was always posted on Twitter and Reddit instead of the official forums? And you think their response is to turn the official forums into Reddit and Twitter?

Lets see, doing the math, why yes 1 hour short of it being April the 2nd. This means that for anybody east of Western Europe (The ENTIRETY of Asia, several BILLION people) this date they scheduled the update is April 2nd. As far as I know, nothing happens then.

As said, I don't know if I will be more in a mood for murder by them messing with us or actually pulling this off.

It would have been in MUCH better taste if they announced a new forum is coming on the day of April 1st, instead of 12 days before.

Exactly, even a kid of 10 yrs old won't find it funny

I only just found how brilliant this game, its mods and this forum us.. Why are you trying to destroy this on me now squad.. If you are seriously going to do this I will even look at firing up my own forums. This forum and what it adds to the game is just too good to just have some fool wreck it in this manner...

Even if this does turn out to be an April fools joke, it's a really bad one. Who at Squad thought it would be a good idea to make everyone in their forums hate them? Just another reason to leave and set up a second, unofficial forum.

Yep. Plus, for 50%+ of the world they have it scheduled at April the 2nd.

You have got to be joking SQUAD.....Like serious. This forum/community is like a beacon of hope and reason in a sea of mindless gamers/poor developers. you KNOW this is a special community compared to most other gaming ones, and now we have to pay to be a part of this community? Buying the game wasnt enough now?

Poor show. you disappoint me.

As for the modders - i have maximum respect for the work all of you put in...the fact its free IS the bonus.

OK though, real talk: it's an obvious joke but perhaps the fact that people are falling for it says more about just how much goodwill Squad have burned with their recent antics than it does about the obliviousness of the fanbase.

Looking like some mod actually stated that's a good thing in a really serious way i won't be so sure about the joke idea

They did say the changes are going to be implemented on April 1 ...

I mean, the .23.5 thing was also, but .23.5 wasn't an absurd proposition. This is, which leads me to believe it's a joke.

This is a really bad prank. The funniest thing is, it seems that this is getting more replies more quickly than the feedback thread.

The second funniest thing is, the jebediah level is way more expensive than what I paid for the game.

Not funny.

"When did everyone lose their critical thinking abilities? This is the most obvious April Fool's joke I've EVER seen. And I really mean that."

Probably because people with critical thinking abilities know april fools jokes are suppose to happen april 1

Not March 20

Maybe you should be telling Squad about critical thinking, because they cleary have no idea what it means

"A week from wednesday" is wednesday March 25th for me.

Failed joke, @KasperVld, failed your joke.

How? Are you on a wednesday currently? afaik it's friday or saturday everywhere in the world right now so a week from wednesday would always turn out to be on april 1st.

We're introducing an interactive forum assistant: this intelligent user interface element (in the form of Walt Kerman) will guide your experience on the forums, and pop up a message when it can help you answer a question. The assistant will for example see that you're writing a new post, and inform if it can assist you, or if you want to continue writing the post without its help.

Former admin Walter has been demoted to the role of KSP Clippy. Excellent.

We're integrating Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, pInterest, Spotify, Vine and dozens of other websites right into the forum.

noplz

A side effect of the integration with Twitter is that all posts will be limited to 140 characters. We've heavily debated and tested the pros and cons of this, and we've found that ultimately the short posts improve communication efficiency drastically.

How on Earth did you guys come to this conclusion? Forum ≠ Twitter

We will tag your age, gender and location onto your posts, and introduce a feature to match you with other KSP players in your region to make it easier to get into contact with other fans in real life!

What? What happened to the "don't reveal your age" rule? Actually, don't we already have a location field?

The premium account system will use a one-time subscription fee, and will grant you the following perks:

• 'Gene' level ($10): the forums will be ad-free to you and you get the ability to use similes and signatures on your posts.
  • 'Mortimer' level ($15): use the forum search engine, get access to avatars, in-line videos and spoiler tags.
  • 'Jebediah' level ($25): get access to threads older than three months, email other forum members directly and a free copy of the Pro version of the Kerbalizer.

Okay, I'm not a hater and I usually like SQUAD for the great stuff they do, but this is just insane. Ten bucks to use similes and signatures!? You mean we won't have these anymore!? ;.;;.;;.;

Please tell me the fifteen bucks are to add your OWN avatar, not just to view them. And the search engine restriction is ridiculous, BTW. Here comes Google Site Search.

And the last one. My god, the last one. Kerbalizer makes sense, but twenty-five bucks to view threads over three months old? For god's sake, this isn't snapchat!

We hope you’re as excited as we are about these changes

Nope. Sorry, SQUAD, but at the moment this does not sound good at all. Honestly, this sounds pretty terrible at the moment... I'm not even sure if I'll keep using the KSP Forums with these character limits and restrictions.

Time to protest! Remember the time of smilies! Woooo! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

EDIT: But I agree this sounds exactly like an April Fool's joke. If it was anytime near April, it would be so obvious.

I mean, the .23.5 thing was also, but .23.5 wasn't an absurd proposition. This is, which leads me to believe it's a joke.

I know but: "and as a bonus, you'll support modders, YouTubers and people like me' " is not a good way to calm down the users

EXCUSE me. GMT+2 and ANYONE east of that are having this scheduled for April the 2nd.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably because people with critical thinking abilities know april fools jokes are suppose to happen april 1

Not March 20

Maybe you should be telling Squad about critical thinking, because they cleary have no idea what it means

March the 21th, and April the 2nd anywhere east of GMT+1.

Please pay attention to the time when they say they will implement this. XD

I keep flip-flopping on whether this is serious or not. Consider me in on the joke for now. ostly because I can both be serious if it's real and not seem stupid if it isn't.

And I think it's important to note that there was an update released on April 1st, I think it was 0.24 or maybe 0.23.5?