The 'new forum' is a joke.

Robotengineer

I know but: "and as a bonus, you'll support modders, YouTubers and people like me' " is not a good way to calm down the users

Agreed; assuming it is a joke as I suspect, I have no idea who thought this would be funny.

How? Are you on a wednesday currently? afaik it's friday or saturday everywhere in the world right now so a week from wednesday would always turn out to be on april 1st.

If its Saturday, one week and a half is April the 2nd.

...damn.

I wasn't supposed to share this, and I'll get loads of bad karma for this, but I just had a conversation with KasperVld via PMs...

After I expressed my desire to leave, Kasper almost immediately sent a PM that said:

Before you leave us, please check your calendar for a week from Wednesday ;)

Sssh!

Disregarding the posts where I couldn't figure out what he was talking about (I'm like a brick sometimes):

...[EDIT: It's April Fool's Day, right? If so, that's really a pretty terrible joke. I'm sorry, but why would you enrage hundreds of people for the sake of getting a few laughs? I mean, I know that we'll all look back at this and laugh... but some of us won't.

Give it a few minutes, and let it sink in :)

Can you please repost this to new pages when you have the chance? The quicker everyone sees that it's fake, the quicker this will die out.

Sorry, Kasper. But I've given it a couple of minutes and I'm speaking with a level head. I still don't think that this is funny... it's in extremely poor taste. And this needs to be seen by everyone.

Please don't give me an infraction.

-Upsilon

This is not a joke, its a spit in face, kick in the genitals, followed by the most annoying laughter EVER. Its not even a bad prank, its just stupidity, something that makes you want to facepalm, cry in the corner and murder someone really slooooowly, all at the same time.

Its just sanity destroying, patience depriving nonsence that olny makes everyone mad, like REALLY mad.

Now exuse me, i have some serious calming down to do.

It's a screamingly obvious April Fool's joke. It isn't original or funny, but April Fool's things rarely are.

April Fool's pranks are ye olde trolling, and are generally based on "laugh at" rather than "laugh with". The entire basis of them is "mock this stupid person who believed me when I lied to them".

OTOH, this was just a misguided attempt at humour; there's no malice involved in this case. Not worth getting upset about, and unlikely to be repeated given the response.

At first I was reading it and thought it was real, it was the upvote/downvote system that tipped me off. :P

That's not a forum, that's a subreddit. Clever jab at people who don't like reddit at all, methinks.

Now hoping that Kasper intended this for April 1, but pushed button early by accident.

Hah they don't have the brain power capable of doing that.

Since it references "in a week and a half", they've been preparing this for a month or 2 probably.

Still not funny.

What's ironic is that a forum was a place in a city where everybody could meet and talk and buy stuff... Like a city square. That's why these places are called forums.

If these changes are real, which I doubt very much, then this is no longer a forum. This is a social media site. And those things, are plain ridiculous half the time...

It's a joke.

I wasn't supposed to share this, and I'll get loads of bad karma for this, but I just had a conversation with KasperVld via PMs...

After I expressed my desire to leave, Kasper almost immediately sent a PM that said:

Before you leave us, please check your calendar for a week from Wednesday ;)

Sssh!

Disregarding the posts where I couldn't figure out what he was talking about (I'm like a brick sometimes):

...[EDIT: It's April Fool's Day, right? If so, that's really a pretty terrible joke. I'm sorry, but why would you enrage hundreds of people for the sake of getting a few laughs? I mean, I know that we'll all look back at this and laugh... but some of us won't.

Give it a few minutes, and let it sink in :)

Can you please repost this to new pages when you have the chance? The quicker everyone sees that it's fake, the quicker this will die out.

Sorry, Kasper. But I've given it a couple of minutes and I'm speaking with a level head. I still don't think that this is funny... it's in extremely poor taste. And this needs to be seen by everyone.

-Upsilon

Hah they don't have the brain power capable of doing that.

Since it references "in a week and a half", they've been preparing this for a month or 2 probably.

Still not funny.

It doesn't say "week and a half" anywhere. Seriously dude, you have enough egg on your face as it is, just cut your losses.

...damn.

-Upsilon

I love how he says check your calendars. If everything here had been postponed another hour, my calendar would CLEARLY say April the 2nd.

As would pretty much >50% of the worlds. Still does in fact.

If its Saturday, one week and a half is April the 2nd.

Well it does say "A week from Wednesday" which means that after wednesday the 25th you count 1 week forward and end up on april 1st. It's not like your wednesday is somehow on another date due to it being saturday in your timezone.

On a more relevante note, will we be able to pre-order Jeb level and get something cool for doing so? Say the ability to post in COLOR?!