The 'new forum' is a joke.

Robotengineer

Alright, dust has settled.

Now, I guess it is time I went and harassed all my friends and ruined their life, since "early" April Fools is a thing.

And yes, I will keep this up until after the 1st too, I will simply be 364 days early. I mean, whats the difference!

Now, the Forum is polarized between the "Ha-ha, suckers! Of course it was an April Fool's Day Joke!" faction and the "We were scared that SQUAD was going to do this, because they've made a lot of other bad choices!" faction.

I think that's the way most jokes, from the dawn of time, have worked. Normally the aftermath only lasts for a few seconds or minutes...

...But on an internet forum, apparently since there's more persons, they can form communities, feeding social interaction, lasting for longer, hours, even days.

...This will be interesting to watch, i'll shaddap now.

Well that just makes you a sad, sad little man.

Like Bill, you're just upset you got suckered. It's OK. Really. The world won't end. But it will provide me with people like you to laugh at :D

This was awesome. The most awesome part about it: The amount of dumb displayed by most of the previous posters in this thread. For a bunch of self proclaimed "smart" people, you fell for it hook line and sinker. By they way, I have some oceanfront property in Kansas. Who wants some? It's only $1/hectare.

Yeah, right, because KSP forum members all live in the 20 countries or so where April's Fool actually exists.

• 'Gene' level ($10): the forums will be ad-free to you and you get the ability to use smilies and signatures on your posts.
  • 'Mortimer' level ($15): use the forum search engine, get access to avatars, in-line videos and spoiler tags.
  • 'Jebediah' level ($25): get access to threads older than three months, email other forum members directly and a free copy of the Pro version of the Kerbalizer.

Oh come freaking on! I don't want to pay just to get the abilities just to use smilies or even search the forum! Whose idea is this?

EDIT: WAAAAAIIIITTTT, is this an early april fools?????? Seems too ridiculous to otherwise be an april fools.

Yeah, right, because KSP forum members all live in the 20 countries or so where April's Fool actually exists.

Even if it wasn't April Fool's it was so utterly ridiculous. Think about it. This is a forum where we have many, many, under age posters. Do you REALLY think they would tag everyone with age and gender and make this a pedophile's heaven? IT was so absurd, there was no way it was believable.

Then again, maybe I've been contacted by Squad to keep playing it off as a joke, when it really isn't.

I'm half mad at Kasper because it wasn't a good time to reveal the joke, and half just a sore loser who doesn't like being fooled. :P

Seriously though, that was pretty crappy Kasper.

Although, I would forgive this whole thing if this joke was being planned months in advance when you were talking about redoing the forum, and that the forum wasn't actually going to move.

Also, imagine if they really were serious, saw the backlash, realized that the date would be April 1st, and then said "Yeah... sure. April 1st. Ha. Heh. Yeah."

(We don't live in a world like that.)

Like Bill, you're just upset you got suckered. It's OK. Really. The world won't end. But it will provide me with people like you to laugh at :D

I reasoned within 1 minute that it was BS.

But, it's not a good thing to laugh at others. Especially if the post is coming from an official source. Sure, maybe it'd be okay on April Fool's, but it's not April Fool's. And there are plenty of people who don't read everything in a post. So they may have skipped the "week after wednesday" part. Or read too fast to even acknowledge it.

Man am I glad I held off commenting!

Even though we now know its a joke, its really not funny. I know it sounds silly but I found it a little upsetting.

Not kewl Squad.

I agree on it not being funny. If they added obviously silly stuff to it, then maybe.

Alright, dust has settled.

Now, I guess it is time I went and harassed all my friends and ruined their life, since "early" April Fools is a thing.

And yes, I will keep this up until after the 1st too, I will simply be 364 days early. I mean, whats the difference!

That's the spirit! There's no 'law' that says you have to wait for April 1st to play practical jokes.

- - - Updated - - -

I reasoned within 1 minute that it was BS.

But, it's not a good thing to laugh at others. Especially if the post is coming from an official source. Sure, maybe it'd be okay on April Fool's, but it's not April Fool's. And there are plenty of people who don't read everything in a post. So they may have skipped the "week after wednesday" part. Or read too fast to even acknowledge it.

Then they shouldn't comment about it.

I don't think you know what a joke actually is then.

Or maybe you don't.

A joke is something to laugh at. Not a cruel thing to say. Jokes are supposed to be humorous. This post was said in so serious a tone that many people wouldn't catch that it's a joke.

Tones of voice don't carry over into text.

This was awesome. The most awesome part about it: The amount of dumb displayed by most of the previous posters in this thread. For a bunch of self proclaimed "smart" people, you fell for it hook line and sinker.

Ok i will explain a little detail to you and hopefully to Kasper, since you both seem to have a colored high horse so up your read end you can't see it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools%27_Day

April Fools' Day (sometimes called April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day) is celebrated every year on the first day of April as a day when people play practical jokes and hoaxes on each other.

Now, what day it is?

PROTIP:

Is not April 1

but the post said the update will...

april fool jokes are on APRIL 1, NOT TWO WEEKS EARLY, MESS UP AND THEN TRYING TO DO DAMAGE CONTROL ABOUT BEING A "EARLY" "APRIL" "FOOL" "JOKE"

You dumbass

@EdFred please stop with this "wow you aren't enough intelligent? hihihi it was obviously hihihi!11", it don't make you better.

I never said it made me better. But it does make me laugh. It was so over the top, that's what made it funny. Knee jerk reactions by everyone.