The 'new forum' is a joke.

Robotengineer

As I said one source of information is never sufficient to take something on face value.
Maybe in other situations, but one cannot really expect "secondary information" when it comes to a small company making official statements about their plans.

my honest opinion: If people didn't care enough to read the whole thing, then why did they care enough to complain about it like it was going to be the end of the world?

A) A ton of people DID read the whole thing. That's how this all started in the first place.

B) There wasn't a "disclaimer" in ultra tiny and just-barely-not-white font at the bottom originally. That was added AFTER the original backlash and only AFTER Kasper was bombarded with PM's.

C) I don't care how "obviously a joke" it was. It wasn't posted anywhere NEAR April 1st, it was posted with a 100% serious tone and this forum (and Squad in general) do not share the same reputation as that of, say, The Onion. There was no reason to NOT trust their words as they've been very, very good to their fanbase.

But, oh enlightened ones, tell me again how 20/20 your hindsight is.

Get the facts, then complain. -words to live by

When this thread was made, the original post by Kasper WERE THE FACTS. There was nothing else to "get." Squad said "here's the changes" and we said "hell no!"

Now that the cat is "out of the bag," it's easy for people who either missed the whole thing or didn't rightly care anyway to say that those of us who voiced our opinions on the matter are "gullible."

To that I say bugger off. You don't get to sit on the sidelines and call everyone stupid for believing a post that would not be revealed as a poorly timed and in bad taste joke until after the fact.

/rant

Except those of us that thought it was hilarious could tell it was a joke right away. You actually believed Squad was going to release ages, names, and genders of under age-18 posters? Seriously?

You know if you look up 'gullible' in the dictionary... ;)