New IVAs for 1.0

frizzank

They all look done to me except for the Mk3 Cockpit, which still needs some improvement, especially with the arrangement of those windows.

Exactly, making the windows and panels around that look "heavier" imho would make the job.

Wow! Those IVAs are beautiful! Ever since we got the lab in .23, I have always wanted an IVA for it. We finally have one and it is gorgeous. The Mk3 cockpit IVA is also beautiful. Do the windows on the top and rear of the external model appear inside? The Mk3 crew cabin has just the right level of Kerbal humour (seat numbers :D), while still maintaining a high level of quality. I shall have to start using the Mk1 Inline now after seeing it.

On the lab IVA debate, if some people don't like it, then a different one can be released by someone. If people want something different, they can have something different. While, I agree, having Ven and Tw1's IVA look is better for some applications, Frizzank's still has its uses. As has been pointed out, it is more reminiscent of Skylab than the ISS.

All in all, Frizzank, you have outdone yourself. I adore these IVAs, and cannot wait for 1.0

Nobody going to say it? Okay, I'll say it.

As the Mk2 Passenger module has no control authority, the Mk2 IVA seats should have no input devices, as the Mk3 passenger modules are arranged. Furthermore I'd omit the foot pedals.

I imagine these are WIP images and this was already planned for removal. Everything is pretty darn awesome otherwise. And its good to know where to put the Raster Prop Monitors!

As the Mk2 Passenger module has no control authority, the Mk2 IVA seats should have no input devices, as the Mk3 passenger modules are arranged. Furthermore I'd omit the foot pedals.

I imagine these are WIP images and this was already planned for removal. Everything is pretty darn awesome otherwise. And its good to know where to put the Raster Prop Monitors!

I thought those are the controls for the inflight entertainment system?

I imagine these are WIP images and this was already planned for removal.

I was just about to say this. It shouldn't be that much extra work to make a new chair model. That's probably my only real issue with these IVAs.

The levers and controls on the chairs seem a bit silly to me as well, but I justified it as others did, by saying it's for the inflight video game entertainment.

I'm glad the lab has an IVA now! Skylab is what occurred to me as well when I saw the styling.

WRT the horizontal vs. vertical interior orientation, it occurs to me that one could make a 'spaceplane' version of it and a 'rocket' version of it, which have the same functionality but different interiors.

WRT the horizontal vs. vertical interior orientation, it occurs to me that one could make a 'spaceplane' version of it and a 'rocket' version of it, which have the same functionality but different interiors.

Not to mention if you had a horizontal orientation version of the 2.5m MPL, you could put that in the bay of a spaceplane like the SpaceLab module the real-life Space Shuttle carried. To be clear, I love the new IVA, and I'm not asking or expecting Squad to make a horizontally-oriented Science Lab IVA for 1.0. Just hoping they'll consider it as a possible item for a future update beyond 1.0.

I think the mpl should have been horizontal rather then vertical, but they do look sweet.

I envisioned it being horizontal.

I also agree that non-command seats should not have controls.

I think the mpl should have been horizontal rather then vertical, but they do look sweet.

It's not a huge deal for me either way but I do think it should be horizontal too, if there is only one option. Vertical only 'works' in a zero G environment, whereas horizontal can work anywhere.

That said they look great, and any cosmetic issues like that won't affect gameplay much, if at all. Keep up the good work.

They look awesome! The inline cockpit interior is better than I had imagined, and since I use it a lot I can't wait for 1.0 now. I think the lab orientation is good vertical, because it should work with the hitchhiker containers.

It's a shame that both the science lab and the Hab module couldn't both be horizontal, it would allow them to be used in both environments - both space and landed. Still, there's engineering ways around it, so I don't really mind. Cool IVAs though, looking awesome!

True, but I often use the mpl horizontally for bases and even science rovers. With the windows on the sides. OTOH what you've got is a bit Skylabish, horizontal would be Salyutish when used in space stations.

As far as command seats go, the kerbals have animations where they interact with the controls, seats without controls make them look odd as they fiddle around with thin air.

This...is an April Fool's joke right? There's no way these can be in the game. I mean, they'd put the EAS-1's IVA to shame, the quality clash will just jar so badly, I can't think why Squad would want to do that. Or are these going to be part of the Day 1 DLC pack, that would make more sense?

No way! To my understanding, they're very real.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.