[1.4.x] Contract Pack: Tourism Plus [v1.5.2] [2016-12-14]

nightingale

1. Make sure there's an empty seat on the vessel.
  2. Make sure there's no errors in the log file.
  3. Make sure you actually have the contract showing in your window as accepted.

If you've checked the above, then send logs (and maybe a save file if the log has no errors).

Thanks for your guidance.

1. check

2. check, but i think there are errors (cant read logfile in lack of knowledge)

3. check

How i can send logfile and screenshots to you?

Could you change the contract blurb? It says 'flyby' but requires 'orbit' - those are two pretty different things and require different ÃŽâ€V budgets, especially since I think the stock game has contracts for 'Fly By's that just require you to enter the SoI - having 'flyby' in the KST contract confuses things somewhat. Just IMHO :)

dmiDI4n.png?1

Could you change the contract blurb? It says 'flyby' but requires 'orbit' - those are two pretty different things and require different ÃŽâ€V budgets, especially since I think the stock game has contracts for 'Fly By's that just require you to enter the SoI - having 'flyby' in the KST contract confuses things somewhat. Just IMHO :)

http://i.imgur.com/dmiDI4n.png?1

Agreed, it makes no sense! I already have that one raised as [#3], let me take care of it now. It'll become a "low fly by". So orbit is not required, but hitting a minimum altitude will be required (tourists need to actually SEE the moon in question ;))

I already have that one raised as [#3], let me take care of it now.

Duh doy, I should've checked this beforehand, sorry.

It'll become a "low fly by". So orbit is not required, but hitting a minimum altitude will be required (tourists need to actually SEE the moon in question ;))

This is why I love you, man - you see a potential problem and then not just fix it, but go and make it better :D Thank you!

New version up - download now!

I missed one when fixing the orbit/fly-by contracts... but you shouldn't miss this one, since it's one of the highest payouts in the contract pack. :)

OwhdDCT.png

ContractPack-Tourism 1.1.3

• Fix gas giant moon flyby contract so they are a fly by and not orbit.

Is there a way to configure how often these tourism missions are generated? Almost half the missions I get are tourism contracts now. I`d like it to be distributed a bit more evenly.

Is there a way to configure how often these tourism missions are generated? Almost half the missions I get are tourism contracts now. I`d like it to be distributed a bit more evenly.

Not without editing the config files, but there's some stuff I can do on my end. Can you give me a screenshot of your contracts list as well a list of the contract packs that you have installed? I'm wondering if I need to tweak down how many Contract Configurator contracts are generated across the board. Also, looks like I have the max contracts for tourism set to 5.... I can definitely turn that down to 3 or 4.

Question about the sub-orbital missions. Is it "be suborbital above the target" (ie still in space) - or "go sub orbital and land at the target"? - because if it's the first, it seems a bit sensitive. I flew over the south pole (very close) and it didn't trigger.

This may be a problem with waypoints in general though, as I find it difficult to hit the waypoints for the stock missions from orbit too.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I usually have at least 3 or 4 tourism contracts in the list and also quite often even 2 of the same type (lko in the screenshot). Might be because I haven`t gone outside of Kerbins SOI yet. Also when I delete one there`s a high chance I will get another tourist contract.

This is the only contract pack I have installed, just found out these exist yesterday :)

Just had a quick look through the configs. Is the maxSimultaneous setting in tourism.cfg the correct one? I`ll try setting that to 3 and see how it turns out.

http://imgur.com/a/rPKG3

I usually have at least 3 or 4 tourism contracts in the list and also quite often even 2 of the same type (lko in the screenshot). Might be because I haven`t gone outside of Kerbins SOI yet. Also when I delete one there`s a high chance I will get another tourist contract.

This is the only contract pack I have installed, just found out these exist yesterday :)

Just had a quick look through the configs. Is the maxSimultaneous setting in tourism.cfg the correct one? I`ll try setting that to 3 and see how it turns out.

Yeah, it does feel a bit much, I suspect you'll start to see fewer when you start getting more part tests, satellite contracts, etc.

You have the correct setting, lowering it should lower the number of contracts you get.

@nightingale: I (think I) have just sent a pull request with some spelling/grammar fixes to the LowOrbit.cfg. Minor change, just something to correct in the next release, whenever that may occur :)

It was a good attempt. You forked and made the change, but looks like you didn't hit submit on the pull request. Care to try it again? :)

EDIT: And I definitely need a copy editor. It would probably all be perfect if I actually took the time to re-read stuff... Still, I need to fix stuff like this before I see it on HMV's youtube series like I did with a typo in Anomaly Surveyor. :D

It was a good attempt. You forked and made the change, but looks like you didn't hit submit on the pull request. Care to try it again? :)

God beeping beep beep beep beep darn it to heckl I am no good with Github... Hang fire, chief.

EDIT: And I definitely need a copy editor.

Well, if you're asking.... *raises hand*

I noticed that the contracts are not compatible with Tantares capsules/pods. The contract wont recognize kerbal tourists in one of those capsules, hence missions fail despite having all the tourists on the mission.

I noticed that the contracts are not compatible with Tantares capsules/pods. The contract wont recognize kerbal tourists in one of those capsules, hence missions fail despite having all the tourists on the mission.

Really? That's very surprising, although not impossible. Can you provide a screenshot of what the contract looks like when you're expecting it to complete? Also, a log file may help, in case it's some exception that is happening that is causing it to not work.

Really? That's very surprising, although not impossible. Can you provide a screenshot of what the contract looks like when you're expecting it to complete? Also, a log file may help, in case it's some exception that is happening that is causing it to not work.

Not right now unfortunately since I've restarted career mode. But as soon as I have the tech I will reproduce it and send both a screenie and a log file. :)

I've come across this same issue with the default mk1 pod. Added a screenshot. I have no idea why this happens, but I cannot complete the tourist missions. It says that the tourist needs a pilot, which clearly is present in the other capsule.

lDyXOBe.png

I too have been having the issue of tourists not having a pilot when there is a pilot in another command pod. I also don't seem to know how to get the "Load Passengers" prompt up...

Edit: It seems as though reverting flight to launch causes the passenger condition for the contract to sometimes trigger, so if the passenger condition isn't being met, just revert to launch I guess?

- - - Updated - - -

Which log file and from when do you need it? Right after this occurs?

I'll take whatever I can get, but prefer KSP.log (from the main directory). I need it from startup to the point where the issue happens.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.