[1.4.x] Contract Pack: Tourism Plus [v1.5.2] [2016-12-14]

nightingale

12 minutes ago, mcortez said:

Super awesome!

Question on older Station/Bases contracts -- what triggers base contracts?  I've gotten and completed station contracts for Kerbin, Mun and Minmus -- but haven't received a single base contract other than the one for scanning for a base location, which I completed.

And for station contracts, am I supposed to keep getting new contracts for stations on those bodies? I've gotten at least a couple of new prospective "first station" contracts for each of the bodies in Kerbin SOI.

Wrong thread, you're looking for this.

I'm having a wierd bug involving the Space Camp contract. For context here though, I've already launched the Space Camp module ship which is currently in orbit.

When I launch a new ship that has seats available, the load tourists dialogue comes up, only problem is that the tourists are already launched and there aren't any other tourist contracts active. And then, heres the strange part, when I switch to another ship and back, any kerbal that was on the first ship suddenly goes MIA and disappears from the ship on the pad. It happens regardless whether I click load or don't load passengers.

Haven't tried in flight yet....

edit: Just tried in flight and it's fine, so, it just happens while on the pad/runway.

Edited by smjjames

1 hour ago, smjjames said:

I'm having a wierd bug involving the Space Camp contract. For context here though, I've already launched the Space Camp module ship which is currently in orbit.

When I launch a new ship that has seats available, the load tourists dialogue comes up, only problem is that the tourists are already launched and there aren't any other tourist contracts active. And then, heres the strange part, when I switch to another ship and back, any kerbal that was on the first ship suddenly goes MIA and disappears from the ship on the pad. It happens regardless whether I click load or don't load passengers.

Haven't tried in flight yet....

edit: Just tried in flight and it's fine, so, it just happens while on the pad/runway.

Can you provide a KSP.log - not sure what's going on here.

Do withdrawn contracts get offered again?  

I did the investor tour and completed it for the hotel, and have been waiting for the hotel construction contract to come up.  I've gone through 12-15 other contracts without seeing it and I had reason to poke around my persistent.sfs file for another issue, when I noticed the hotel contract was in there with State = Withdrawn.

1 hour ago, mcortez said:

Do withdrawn contracts get offered again?  

I did the investor tour and completed it for the hotel, and have been waiting for the hotel construction contract to come up.  I've gone through 12-15 other contracts without seeing it and I had reason to poke around my persistent.sfs file for another issue, when I noticed the hotel contract was in there with State = Withdrawn.

It's probably in holding waiting for a slot to open up - make sure you have high enough prestige that you are being offered 3 star contracts (and maybe cancel some of the ones you don't want).  That should be enough to get it to show.

16 hours ago, nightingale said:

It's probably in holding waiting for a slot to open up - make sure you have high enough prestige that you are being offered 3 star contracts (and maybe cancel some of the ones you don't want).  That should be enough to get it to show.

You are right sir!  Had a bunch of 3 star DMagic science and RemoteTech contracts that kept popping up.  After another dozen or so, the hotel contract finally popped up.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, eberkain said:

I have yet to see the kickoff space tourism quest in my new career game.  Is there a requirement to make it show up?  

Yup, you need to have reach Kerbin orbit.  You also need to have a 2-star contract slot open (if you have low reputation, that could explain it).  You can try cancelling a few other 2-star contracts to see if that makes it show up.

4 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Yup, you need to have reach Kerbin orbit.  You also need to have a 2-star contract slot open (if you have low reputation, that could explain it).  You can try cancelling a few other 2-star contracts to see if that makes it show up.

Ok, will keep my eyes open.   From my past experience with the mod I have expected it to show up by now.   As soon as I complete the 2 star ones have taken right now I will see if I can get it to show up. 

• 2 weeks later...

Contract Configurator 1.9.8 introduced an issue into this contract pack.  It's fixed by the new relhttps://github.com/jrossignol/ContractPack-Tourism/releases/tag/1.4.2ease.

ContractPack-Tourism 1.4.2

• Fixed issue introduced by Contract Configurator 1.9.8 (thanks smjjames).
Edited by nightingale

7 minutes ago, smjjames said:

@nightingale The link still goes to 1.4.1, which was a broken release apparently, just letting you know

Thanks, was in a rush to get that all sorted.  I had just forgotten to update the KSP AVC file, which screws up everything and is a pain to fix.  Far simpler to just eat up a version number. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @nightingale, I have a contract to bring tourists to my base on the Mun. I renamed the base before accepting the contract. Still wanting to complete it I brought the tourists to my base but they didn't recognize it and the timer didn't start counting. How can I fix the contract to make it recognize my base? Which "cid" "pid" "uid" or "mid" I need to copy from my base to one of the contract nodes in my persistent.sfs?

I see several DOCKED_SUB_VESSEL nodes under the HasPassengers param in the contract, am I digging right?

Edited by Enceos

8 hours ago, Enceos said:

Hi @nightingale, I have a contract to bring tourists to my base on the Mun. I renamed the base before accepting the contract. Still wanting to complete it I brought the tourists to my base but they didn't recognize it and the timer didn't start counting. How can I fix the contract to make it recognize my base? Which "cid" "pid" "uid" or "mid" I need to copy from my base to one of the contract nodes in my persistent.sfs?

I see several DOCKED_SUB_VESSEL nodes under the HasPassengers param in the contract, am I digging right?

It should work even if you renamed the vessel.  If I remember correctly, there should be a vessel id as the key and a vessel id as the value in the ContractVesselTracker scenario.  If you haven't done any docking/undocking shenanigans with your base (and I guess you did have to dock to get the tourists on board), they should be the same.  The "key" version (which is fixed) will also appear in the CONTRACT node in one or more places (the important one being the VesselParameterGroup).

Can you show me a screenshot of it not working (with ship names) and a save file and I'll try to corroborate it?

2 hours ago, nightingale said:

It should work even if you renamed the vessel.  If I remember correctly, there should be a vessel id as the key and a vessel id as the value in the ContractVesselTracker scenario.  If you haven't done any docking/undocking shenanigans with your base (and I guess you did have to dock to get the tourists on board), they should be the same.  The "key" version (which is fixed) will also appear in the CONTRACT node in one or more places (the important one being the VesselParameterGroup).

Can you show me a screenshot of it not working (with ship names) and a save file and I'll try to corroborate it?

Of course I did docking shenanigans :3   It's a rocket manufacturing facility after all. And tourists decided to pay a visiit to my factory. Link to my save file: download

Here's the screenshot with three tourists already inside and Contract Window saying "No vessel currently matching parameters". Current base name is: "Black Farside" RMF.

I will be very grateful if you can find a way to fix it.

YhE4Rbs.jpg

Edited by Enceos

@nightingale Can the "visit base" contract endure all the tourist transfers and not break? I use a shuttle to bring tourists to an LKO station, then transfer them to a space train which then reaches the Mun orbit, a passenger lander comes up from the surface, docks with the train and then brings the tourists to the base landing pad where I use KAS tubes to connect the craft to the base and transfer the tourists. Am I doing something unacceptable for the contract to work?

1 hour ago, Enceos said:

@nightingale Can the "visit base" contract endure all the tourist transfers and not break? I use a shuttle to bring tourists to an LKO station, then transfer them to a space train which then reaches the Mun orbit, a passenger lander comes up from the surface, docks with the train and then brings the tourists to the base landing pad where I use KAS tubes to connect the craft to the base and transfer the tourists. Am I doing something unacceptable for the contract to work?

It shouldn't be a problem at all on the passenger side, it's only when it gets to the station that it can cause trouble (not saying you shouldn't do it, just that it's a pain point on the dev side).

I haven't forgotten about your issue - just been dealing with the entire family (myself included) having bad cases of gastroenteritis for the last week, and it's not fun. ;.;

1 hour ago, nightingale said:

It shouldn't be a problem at all on the passenger side, it's only when it gets to the station that it can cause trouble (not saying you shouldn't do it, just that it's a pain point on the dev side).

I haven't forgotten about your issue - just been dealing with the entire family (myself included) having bad cases of gastroenteritis for the last week, and it's not fun. ;.;

That's very kind of you. I hope your family is already past the critical point and getting well.

P.S. I found your "Factorio" series quite interesting ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.