[1.2.2] Contract Pack: Bases and Stations 3.6.1 (30/04/2017) (formerly Kerbin Space Station)

severedsolo

Love the idea of this mod, makes stations actually useful. I just finished putting my first station in orbit of Kerbin. However I never seem to get any contracts for crew rotation, module repair etc. All I have are resupply contracts (TAC life support) and putting new stations in orbit of Mun/Minmus. I've time warped alot and it never seems to change. Is this working as intended or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Love the idea of this mod, makes stations actually useful. I just finished putting my first station in orbit of Kerbin. However I never seem to get any contracts for crew rotation, module repair etc. All I have are resupply contracts (TAC life support) and putting new stations in orbit of Mun/Minmus. I've time warped alot and it never seems to change. Is this working as intended or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

You need to run the resupply mission at least once before any other missions will generate, then you should get crew rotation, after that the other missions will be available. There is a cooldown between the missions of 30 to 120 days, (random, but weighted towards resupply and crew rotation).

edit: and of course I finally commit to sitting down tonight and getting the patch done, and squad release 1.0.1

Edited by severedsolo

1.3 released:

Changelog

- Added support for USI Life Support and IFI Life Support

- Updated AVC file to reflect 1.0 compatibility

- Did a tech tree pass for 1.0 compatibility. The Station Core Docking port is no longer required - any old docking port will do (but I've left the part for compatibility) as there is no clear path to docking ports any more.

- Fixed an issue that would stop RepairFaultyPowerModule from completing (thanks kalizec)

Doesn't sound like alot, but it's about 4/5 hours work here, by the time I got my github to behave itself.

Edited by severedsolo

Hello, I have problems getting the initial contract to launch a station core to complete. I have fulfilled every goal apart from the supposedly optional 'include a cupola' for which I miss the technology so far and I use the basic non-deployable solar cells (again missing technology).

With my station core selected in orbit all goals apart from the cupola one have the green check-mark.

While locking at it in the contract center I get this output:

23656.png

I guess its harmless that the lvl3 items are back to incomplete once the lvl2 state is set to Complete, but then its seems like the last one is not optional

Any hints what I am missing or where I shall look?

Using 1.3.1 of this mod and 1.0.2 of ContractConfigurator

Edited by chlue
add versions

Yeah the cupola is not actually optional - originally it was going to be, then I changed my mind. However, I forgot to edit the text again.

I am aware of this, and am fixing it as we speak.

As for the unlocked technology stuff, I think this is a problem with CC (as I ran into this myself earlier) I've reported it to nightingale and am waiting to hear back.

Solar panels: The non deployable solar panels count, it's just an internal name, doesn't matter if they actually deploy or not.

Edited by severedsolo

@severedsolo - I have a bug report. Running KSP v1.0.2 with v1.3.1 of your mod.

Description: When I land on Minmus with an Kerbal, EVA him or her, and then plant a flag, that Kerbal becomes permanently non-responsive. The pop-up to write something on the plaque never pops-up which I think it the main issue. The unresponsive Kerbal will still have the right-click menu (and can even take the flag back down), but that Kerbal will never move again.

This is repeatable.

I have a much more detailed write-up (including which mods I had at the time, and the steps I followed to isolate the problem to your mod) in the following thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/119040-Planting-a-Flag-on-Minmus-Makes-Kerbal-Unresponsive?p=1898987#post1898987

I hope there's enough information there for you to confirm the problem and maybe resolve it. The only thing I failed at was getting a log file. If you need one to resolve this, let me know. I can re-install the mod and launch a new mission.

Are you running the latest version of Contract Configurator? This sounds like an issue that nightingale fixed a while ago.

If you are, can you post your log please, I suspect it's probably CC rather than me, but I'll ask nightingale to take a look at it, he'll probably ask for a save as well.

Are you running the latest version of Contract Configurator? This sounds like an issue that nightingale fixed a while ago.

If you are, can you post your log please, I suspect it's probably CC rather than me, but I'll ask nightingale to take a look at it, he'll probably ask for a save as well.

Derp, was still on v1.0. Testing now.

- - - Updated - - -

Derp, was still on v1.0. Testing now.

Hmm... after updating, I can't even open my saved game. Clicking "Resume Game" results in nothing. So, I have some other troubleshooting to do.

Ignore my bug report until i can verify that it's not the Contract Configurator version.

This looks wonderful! Just downloaded; I'm looking forward to trying it. Thank you for all your hard work in creating it.

One question. Can I use Nertea's Stockalike Space Station parts with this mod? My guess is there's nothing stopping me, so long as I use KSS's docking port and maybe the stock science lab? I'd like to use Station Science too, but I'm waiting for that to be updated to 1.0x.

Nertea's mod is here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/91814-1-02-Stockalike-Station-Parts-Expansion-%2803-05-2015%29?highlight=KSS

This looks wonderful! Just downloaded; I'm looking forward to trying it. Thank you for all your hard work in creating it.

One question. Can I use Nertea's Stockalike Space Station parts with this mod? My guess is there's nothing stopping me, so long as I use KSS's docking port and maybe the stock science lab? I'd like to use Station Science too, but I'm waiting for that to be updated to 1.0x.

Nertea's mod is here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/91814-1-02-Stockalike-Station-Parts-Expansion-%2803-05-2015%29?highlight=KSS

As you said nothing stopping you.

As long as the mod uses the stock modules, then if it has it's own version of the parts they should work fine. The Station docking port is not technically required as of 1.3 but I left it in for backwards compatibility. The only part that is actually needed from stock, is the cupola.

Oh, and I actually support Station Science - if you have that installed then the Science Lab from that mod can be used instead of the stock mobile processing lab.

Edited by severedsolo

Thanks, severedsolo; that confirms my suppositions. I've started a new "Moderate" career with your mod, Kerbal Construction Time, the Tourist contract mod, and a couple utilities (Kerbal Engineer, PreciseNode, Alarm Clock). I just made it into space, and now I'm working on an orbit contract; presumably I'll start seeing your contracts once I conquer the orbit. Looking forward to it!

Thanks again for all your work on the mod.

Science Lab can be a requirement, despite it not being researched yet.

Cuppoloa is not optional, despite it saying so. (I have a station around Kerbin with all greens except the cuppola).

Completing it through the debug panel doesn't seem to "mark it" for further expansion. I immediately get another "launch the kerbin space station".

Edited by Kebra

Science Lab can be a requirement, despite it not being researched yet.

Cuppoloa is not optional, despite it saying so. (I have a station around Kerbin with all greens except the cuppola).

Completing it through the debug panel doesn't seem to "mark it" for further expansion. I immediately get another "launch the kerbin space station".

Seeing exactly the same set of problems. Get a lot of contracts with parts that have not been researched.

Yeah the cupola is not actually optional - originally it was going to be, then I changed my mind. However, I forgot to edit the text again.

I am aware of this, and am fixing it as we speak.

As for the unlocked technology stuff, I think this is a problem with CC (as I ran into this myself earlier) I've reported it to nightingale and am waiting to hear back.

The requirements are a confirmed contract configurator bug. Nightingale has fixed it, and it will be in the next release. Just be patient.

I'll fix the cupola shortly (when nightingale releases the patch for the requirements)

Edited by severedsolo

severedsolo, could you change the requirement of the station core docking port to any docking port maybe? I would like to use the contract pack but build my KSS out of the FusTek Parts :)

Thanks for the nice pack :)

severedsolo, could you change the requirement of the station core docking port to any docking port maybe? I would like to use the contract pack but build my KSS out of the FusTek Parts :)

Thanks for the nice pack :)

Already done in 1.3. Although I should update the first post, thanks for the reminder.

So I'm using Kerbal Construction Time, and about a half-year into my program, I just completed my first orbit. (Love that mod!) That finished my "orbit Kerbin" contract, and Mission Control is now offering me my first "Launch the KSS" contract from your mod, which is good news. But my concern is that with KCT installed, I may not unlock all the tech prerequisites for a space station (to say nothing of building the various vessels) until after the contract expires. I have unlocked only some of the 45-cost techs, and nothing higher -- certainly nowhere near docking ports! It may well take me more than a year and a half to do all that.

If I ignore the "Build Space Station" contract for now, will it reappear (i.e., "respawn") later?

Edited by Mister Spock
Clarity, detail