[1.2.2] Contract Pack: Bases and Stations 3.6.1 (30/04/2017) (formerly Kerbin Space Station)

severedsolo

Would there be any interest in a "lite" version of this pack?

Basically, it would keep the default squad "build a space station " missions, but once you have built the station, it would generate the maintenance missions for those stations instead, so instead of one shot stations, you could do crew rotations etc for each of them

Basically, it would keep the default squad "build a space station " missions, but once you have built the station, it would generate the maintenance missions for those stations instead, so instead of one shot stations, you could do crew rotations etc for each of them

I thought this was how it already worked? I noticed I keep getting "Launch a new Kerbin station" missions and very little maintenance missions, even with 2 cores from previous contracts in orbit.

I thought this was how it already worked? I noticed I keep getting "Launch a new Kerbin station" missions and very little maintenance missions, even with 2 cores from previous contracts in orbit.

It sounds like you may have lost your vessel definitions somewhere along the line - in theory, if you accept a launch the station mission then load up your existing core (assuming everything is in place) that mission should complete then the maintenance missions should start

I just tried the first kerbin station contract. I meet all the req for completing the mission except for a cupola that says it is (optional). I didn't put one on because I don't have them unlocked yet. each requirement is green in the contract window except for the optional cupola and the mission is not ending.

I just tried the first kerbin station contract. I meet all the req for completing the mission except for a cupola that says it is (optional). I didn't put one on because I don't have them unlocked yet. each requirement is green in the contract window except for the optional cupola and the mission is not ending.

Severdsolo answered this a few pages back:

Yeah the cupola is not actually optional - originally it was going to be, then I changed my mind. However, I forgot to edit the text again.

I am aware of this, and am fixing it as we speak.

As for the unlocked technology stuff, I think this is a problem with CC (as I ran into this myself earlier) I've reported it to nightingale and am waiting to hear back.

Solar panels: The non deployable solar panels count, it's just an internal name, doesn't matter if they actually deploy or not.

I would very much like support for multiple small stations so I can run my program in a similar way to the russians (they put a lot of small salyut stations up before building Mir)

Possibly separate missions something like this.

1. Launch station core to hold 5 kerbals - can be done in stages if needed. (no need for lab / cupola etc.)

NOTE - I'd like resupply, crew rotation etc available from this point.

Then these optional missions in no fixed order...

2. add lab to station

3. add power array to station (is it possible to determine a minimum power gen?, if not a part count of panels?)

4. add cupola

And I'd like to be able to go through this process with multiple stations around Kerbin!

Is this possible?

Edited by Mulbin

@Mulbin - the squad missions already specify that they require power and (sometimes) a cupola, so I'd leave that up to the mission. The plan is to allow any vessel marked as a station ( and maybe a Base) to have access to the maintenance missions.

I don't think that missions to add the labs would be possible, as I think they would be endlessly duplicated as I can't tell if the station already has a lab. (I might be wrong though, I'll have to dig through the CC wiki later)

I'll sit down and hash something out this weekend, after I've finished the scansat project I'm working on (should be fairly quick as it will all be expression based).

Edited by severedsolo

I've built a space station using Cupola module, Mobile Processing Lab, Hitchhiker module, Clamp-o-tron jr, few solar panels and fewa batteries. When I launched it into Mun orbit contract says that I don't have lab, power generators, cupola and cannot host 5 kerbals.

I've built a space station using Cupola module, Mobile Processing Lab, Hitchhiker module, Clamp-o-tron jr, few solar panels and fewa batteries. When I launched it into Mun orbit contract says that I don't have lab, power generators, cupola and cannot host 5 kerbals.

Strange, can you post a screenshot please? See if I can see what the problem is from that

Ah, you don't have a command module. You need to attach a command pod or probe core, otherwise ksp thinks it's debris

It should register as a station when you dock your first ship... as it will have a command module!

I had general problem with contracts. No new contracts appears and I could not complete any. After uninstalling DMagic Orbital Science everything seems to works fine.

Oh ok. Not me then. Good news.

Just a quick little update on interplanetary bodies. Essentially, getting it to work is going to need a re-write of most of the contracts. As I have to do this anyway for my new project for the "lite" version of this pack - I've decided I'm going to leave KSS as it is (because it suits my needs perfectly) and do the re-write for the new pack only.

So, if you want interplanetary bodies, you'll have to check out the new pack when it comes out.

Edited by severedsolo

I'm also having trouble with the station crew rotation missions. I successfully did a rotation in Kerbin orbit but cannot complete a rotation for the stations in either Mun or Minimus orbit. Same issue that has been described before with the dock objective becoming unchecked as soon as I undock.

I am running the latest CC and 1.3.1 of this mod.

Edit: I have both the Mun and MiniMus station rotation missions active at the same time. Could that be doing it?

Edited by toastboy

I'm also having trouble with the station crew rotation missions. I successfully did a rotation in Kerbin orbit but cannot complete a rotation for the stations in either Mun or Minimus orbit. Same issue that has been described before with the dock objective becoming unchecked as soon as I undock.

I am running the latest CC and 1.3.1 of this mod.

Edit: I have both the Mun and MiniMus station rotation missions active at the same time. Could that be doing it?

Whoops. That was a silly mistake. When I fixed Kerbin, I may have forgotten to implement the same changes around Mun/Minmus. You'll need to cancel and re-accept the contracts to get the fix.

Kerbin Space Station 1.3.2 Released!

Crew Rotation fix rolled out to all bodies (thanks toastboy)

Dependencies updated to Contract Configurator 1.0.3 due to bugs in previous versions.

Whoops. That was a silly mistake. When I fixed Kerbin, I may have forgotten to implement the same changes around Mun/Minmus. You'll need to cancel and re-accept the contracts to get the fix.

Kerbin Space Station 1.3.2 Released!

Crew Rotation fix rolled out to all bodies (thanks toastboy)

Dependencies updated to Contract Configurator 1.0.3 due to bugs in previous versions.

I don't think you forgot to fix them, I think you forgot you were going to do that in a lite pack ;']

Just a quick little update on interplanetary bodies. Essentially, getting it to work is going to need a re-write of most of the contracts. As I have to do this anyway for my new project for the "lite" version of this pack - I've decided I'm going to leave KSS as it is (because it suits my needs perfectly) and do the re-write for the new pack only.

So, if you want interplanetary bodies, you'll have to check out the new pack when it comes out.

Since i have no really knowlegde of the internals of the contract system, I have maybe stupid idea for the problem with the interplanetar stations. How about a naming plaque part one the station core that defines the destination of the new station? When the plaque is in any orbit the following contracts like adding moduls getting available. That way its possible to add modules before the launch windows or at a seperate windows. The contracts are naturally only fulfilled when the destination is reached.

The part only needs to have a selector for the destination. And a naming plate is usually lightweight, aerodynamic, cool looking (maybe) and wouldn't interfer with other mods.

Maybe another purpose for this plaque could be with a hidden ID to distinguish seperate stations in around the same planet.

I downloaded 1.3.1 a few days ago and a contract appeared to launch a station core (one that was obviously from KSS). I updated to 1.3.2, started KSP again and I'm getting no KSS contracts at all and the stock outpost contracts are appearing instead. I found this in the output log, what does it mean?

[iNFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Loading CONTRACT_GROUP: 'KerbinSpaceStation'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

ContractConfigurator.ContractGroup: CONTRACT_GROUP 'KerbinSpaceStation': unexpected child node 'CONTRACT_GROUP' found, ignored.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

ContractConfigurator.ContractGroup: CONTRACT_GROUP 'KerbinSpaceStation': unexpected child node 'CONTRACT_GROUP' found, ignored.

[iNFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Loading CONTRACT_GROUP: 'Tourism'

ContractConfigurator.HasCrewCapacityFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KerbinStationCore', PARAMETER 'HabModuleChild' of type 'HasCrewCapacity': unexpected attribute 'disableonStateChange' found, ignored.

ContractConfigurator.AnyFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KerbinStationCore', PARAMETER 'RTGSolar' of type 'Any': unexpected attribute 'disableonStateChange' found, ignored.

ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KerbinStationCore', PARAMETER 'PartValidationRTG' of type 'PartValidation': unexpected attribute 'disableonStateChange' found, ignored.

ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KerbinStationCore', PARAMETER 'PartValidationSolar' of type 'PartValidation': unexpected attribute 'disableonStateChange' found, ignored.

ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KerbinStationCore', PARAMETER 'ScienceLab' of type 'PartValidation': unexpected attribute 'disableonStateChange' found, ignored.

ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KerbinStationCore', PARAMETER 'PartValidation' of type 'PartValidation': unexpected attribute 'disableonStateChange' found, ignored.

ContractConfigurator.HasCrewCapacityFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MinmusStationCore', PARAMETER 'HabModuleChild' of type 'HasCrewCapacity': unexpected attribute 'disableonStateChange' found, ignored.

ContractConfigurator.AnyFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MinmusStationCore', PARAMETER 'RTGSolar' of type 'Any': unexpected attribute 'disableonStateChange' found, ignored.

ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MinmusStationCore', PARAMETER 'PartValidationRTG' of type 'PartValidation': unexpected attribute 'disableonStateChange' found, ignored.

ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MinmusStationCore', PARAMETER 'PartValidationSolar' of type 'PartValidation': unexpected attribute 'disableonStateChange' found, ignored.

ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MinmusStationCore', PARAMETER 'ScienceLab' of type 'PartValidation': unexpected attribute 'disableonStateChange' found, ignored.

ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MinmusStationCore', PARAMETER 'PartValidation' of type 'PartValidation': unexpected attribute 'disableonStateChange' found, ignored.

ContractConfigurator.HasCrewCapacityFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MunStationCore', PARAMETER 'HabModuleChild' of type 'HasCrewCapacity': unexpected attribute 'disableonStateChange' found, ignored.

ContractConfigurator.AnyFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MunStationCore', PARAMETER 'RTGSolar' of type 'Any': unexpected attribute 'disableonStateChange' found, ignored.

ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MunStationCore', PARAMETER 'PartValidationRTG' of type 'PartValidation': unexpected attribute 'disableonStateChange' found, ignored.

ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MunStationCore', PARAMETER 'PartValidationSolar' of type 'PartValidation': unexpected attribute 'disableonStateChange' found, ignored.

ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MunStationCore', PARAMETER 'ScienceLab' of type 'PartValidation': unexpected attribute 'disableonStateChange' found, ignored.

ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MunStationCore', PARAMETER 'PartValidation' of type 'PartValidation': unexpected attribute 'disableonStateChange' found, ignored.

Nothing changed (that I remember) apart from upgrading KSS and unlocking a few more tech nodes. Is it because I don't have the normal docking ports unlocked, only the Jr ones? Or the static solar panels? I am confuse :/