[1.2.2] Contract Pack: Bases and Stations 3.6.1 (30/04/2017) (formerly Kerbin Space Station)

severedsolo

I've been using this for 2 or 3 weeks, and kept up to date via CKAN. I have a KSS and MSS, but just got a "Build the KSS" contract. Is this normal (a second KSS), or should I debug it somehow?

Your the second person to report this... so I probably broke something. I'll take a look. "up to date with CKAN" isn't a version number though. Please confirm the version of KSS (and Contract Configurator) you are running, because it sounds like what I just fixed in 1.4.1

Also - since the station docking port part is no longer needed, could you set it to category 0 so it doesn't show up in the VAB? Also, be sure to fix the "optional" cupola text in the contracts!

Cupola is now actually optional, so doesn't need fixing. Good idea on the Station Port.

Edit: So I'm unable to reproduce the error which is causing the vessel definitions to be lost. This may just be the usual KSP docking weirdness, but just in case, if you are affected by this issue, could you please let me know what the last KSS mission you ran was?

Just a thought... did you happen to update Contract Configurator just before this happened?

To get your definitions back, just re-accept the "launch the KSS" mission and switch to your KSS. That SHOULD re-tag the vessel.

Edit2: While trying to track this down I ran across a small textual bug. When you get the LS Resupply missions, check which vessel you actually have to dock to. I may have accidentally called all the missions "do a supply run to the KSS" (even if it's Mun or Minmus). Will be fixed in the next release.

Edit3: Also, to fix the balance issues, would appreciate it if people could provide me with launch costs for each mission (as they do it). Keep them realistic please... if they seem outlandish I'll ask for proof.

Otherwise you'll be stuck with my figures. If I get some results, I'll average them all up in the interests of fairness.

Edited by severedsolo

Your the second person to report this... so I probably broke something. I'll take a look. "up to date with CKAN" isn't a version number though. Please confirm the version of KSS (and Contract Configurator) you are running, because it sounds like what I just fixed in 1.4.1

1.4.1 and 1.1.0. Pretty sure the contract appeared since updating to those versions.

Cupola is now actually optional, so doesn't need fixing. Good idea on the Station Port.

Ah, maybe I misread you previously.

Edit: So I'm unable to reproduce the error which is causing the vessel definitions to be lost. This may just be the usual KSP docking weirdness, but just in case, if you are affected by this issue, could you please let me know what the last KSS mission you ran was?

Just a thought... did you happen to update Contract Configurator just before this happened?

Probably a Crew Rotation mission - I've only ever gotten those and build contracts, so far.

It's entirely possible that CC was updated just prior to this - if it was updated on CKAN today or yesterday. Not sure how to check that. But my current version is 1.1.0

To get your definitions back, just re-accept the "launch the KSS" mission and switch to your KSS. That SHOULD re-tag the vessel.

Yep, worked. Thanks for the free money :D

Edit2: While trying to track this down I ran across a small textual bug. When you get the LS Resupply missions, check which vessel you actually have to dock to. I may have accidentally called all the missions "do a supply run to the KSS" (even if it's Mun or Minmus). Will be fixed in the next release.

Edit3: Also, to fix the balance issues, would appreciate it if people could provide me with launch costs for each mission (as they do it). Keep them realistic please... if they seem outlandish I'll ask for proof.

Otherwise you'll be stuck with my figures. If I get some results, I'll average them all up in the interests of fairness.

I too encountered this bug. I had a contract to launch the KSS, I launched the KSS (in one go), returned (not revert) to KSC and had a contract to launch the KSS again. Running KSS 1.4.1 and CC 1.1.0. Re-accepting the contract and switching to it did indeed complete the contract. I didn't dock at all, but my KSS is, at the moment, without a command module. While I can't remember for definite, I'm fairly sure I updated CC in between accepting the contract and launching KSS.

Oh and also, my KSS launcher cost 66k starbucks. But the payload was literally just a Hitchhiker, lab, few solar panels and a docking port.

Here's a picture of the payload/KSS as it stands now. WYSIWYG.

rDffJRH.png

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Ok so I've got two reports of "probably updated contract configurator just before this happened" so here is my working theory.

CC updated the "DATA" node in the last update. I think possibly it caused the vessel definitions to "reset" because it was using the old version. Hopefully, this is a one time bug. If it happens again let me know, and I'll look further into it. On the plus side, the failsafe is working! This is exactly the sort of issue it was meant to prevent.

Edit; So I was able to reproduce on my main save. However, I also recently updated Contract Configurator, so probably have the same issue.

Edit2: Nightingale just released a new version of CC. Possibly fixes the "duplicate contract bug" - if you get any NEW instances please report.

Edited by severedsolo

Loving the mod, but I just failed to complete the mission to "Perform a science experiment on the station." My KSS has two scientists in its lab. I created a new unmanned ship (with parachutes), gave it a bunch of science experiments, launched and docked with the KSS. Once docked, I performed the experiments I'd brought up from Kerbin. In a couple cases, the experiment had a nice big green bar, and I "kept" it. In others, no new bar at all, but I still "kept" them. (Does it matter whether one actually gets more than 0.0 science? And I should be using the green "keep" button, right? Not "analyze" or "transmit.") In a couple cases, I also added data to my lab.

Having done all this, I undocked. I got worried at this point because the "dock with KSS" goal became un-checked. But, not knowing what else to do, I returned the probe to Kerbin (landing on grassland with chutes). I then recovered the probe.

Alas, no luck: I didn't succeed. The mission summary (below) says I did dock and even "recover" the science, but it still says I didn't complete the "Collect Science" goal.

Is the problem that I didn't send up a manned craft? If so, perhaps the mission instructions should be clarified to specify that a Kerbal has to pilot the science-collecting craft, or has to return with it to Kerbin. (Also, typo: "teh" in the first sentence of the briefing.)

Or perhaps the issue is that I didn't have the latest update to Contract Configurator? I think I'm one update behind, and I notice the latest one does say something about a fix to "collect science." Obviously I'll go install that now, but I'm wondering what I should do next to complete this mission. (I wouldn't necessarily mind flying it again, as it was fun, but I worry I'm running out of new science to do. Do I actually have to "gain" science to win the mission?)

Edit: I'm not using any strategies.

Thanks in advance. Screenshot follows.

72wwGPQ.jpg

<snip> science Mission not completing..... <snip>

To be perfectly honest with you, I have no idea. I did get a report way back in the day of it not working, but we were pretty certain that was related to the strategies (hence the warning). This one wasn't mine, it was metl's, so I never really tested it (I kinda assumed that he had before he submitted the pull request) but as he seems to be MIA recently I'll do some investigation later tonight when the baby goes to bed.

It's entirely possible the sequence node is borked for this one too. Leave it with me, I'll take a look. Also, I'll fix the text bug.

Thanks. I'm playing Kerbal Construction Time, so I've got plenty of other missions waiting in my long queue, so there's no rush. I appreciate your hard work on the mod. (Have some rep!)

You have no idea what you have started. PSA: Next update is going to break saves. (you may get away with it if you don't have any KSS contracts active though. No promises).

So here was the thought process.... "let's take a look at this science experiment contract then. Oh my god it's a mess. I'll have to re-write it from scratch. I don't really want to have to re-write all of them, I'll make an expression based contract to cover all the stations."

*writes contract*

"Oh yeah, now I've broken the other contracts that reference the ones I've removed. Now I'll have to re-write those too. Well, as I'm here I may as well write expressions for all of them."

So now we have a save-breaking update in the making. You can all thank Mister Spock for that.

Seriously though, you should thank him. In the long run this is good for KSS. Hopefully, will also lower my workload on fixing things too, as I will have 1/3 of the contracts to maintain.

Edited by severedsolo

So now we have a save-breaking update in the making. You can all thank Mister Spock for that.

LoL. You're welcome, I guess? :)

For what it's worth, I've had no problems at all until this one "experiment" contract. And I'm still wondering whether it's my own fault for not having used the most recent version of Contracts Configurator.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

So I guess that my current Minmus station not completing is moot at this point?

Nope that one isn't changing, more detail please?

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

From an end user point of view it won't look like much has changed. It's just an overhaul of the backend stuff. The only things you may notice, is that contracts will generate more often, and that they will reference your vessel by name. I'm considering throwing a new contract in there too, but that depends how much time I've got. (part of a bigger change that I'm working on)

Edited by severedsolo

For what it's worth, I tried the "experiment" contract again, this time with the latest CC installed, and I still didn't win the mission. It sounds like you're figuring out how to fix it, though, so it's all good.

You are too high. Drop AP and PE to less than 249k (I could do with making this clearer in the contract parameters though).

OK - I actually went back to the KSC to see if there was a specified orbit altitude in the contract after the contract failed to complete on attaining orbit. Previous Mun station contract did tell me "orbit below xxx altitude".

I am seeing the following errors in my log.

[ERR 20:41:12.914] ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KerbinStationCore', PARAMETER 'PartValidation' of type 'PartValidation': The value supplied for partModule (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[system.String]) is invalid.

[EXC 20:41:12.916] ArgumentException: No PartModule class for 'ResearchFacility'.

ContractConfigurator.Validation.ValidatePartModule (System.String name)

System.Linq.Enumerable.All[string] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)

ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory.<Load>b__6 (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 x)

ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1 setter, IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 defaultValue, System.Func`2 validation)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)

ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1, Func`2)

ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory:Load(ConfigNode)

ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory:GenerateParameterFactory(ConfigNode, ContractType, ParameterFactory&, ParameterFactory)

ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory:GenerateParameterFactory(ConfigNode, ContractType, ParameterFactory&, ParameterFactory)

ContractConfigurator.ContractType:Load(ConfigNode)

ContractConfigurator.<LoadContractConfig>d__14:MoveNext()

ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator:Update()

[ERR 20:41:12.918] ContractConfigurator.PartModuleUnlockedRequirement: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KerbinStationCore', REQUIREMENT 'PartModuleUnlocked' of type 'PartModuleUnlocked': The value supplied for partModule (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[system.String]) is invalid.

[EXC 20:41:12.919] ArgumentException: No PartModule class for 'ResearchFacility'.

System.Linq.Enumerable.All[string] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)

ContractConfigurator.PartModuleUnlockedRequirement.<Load>b__1 (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 x)

ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1 setter, IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 defaultValue, System.Func`2 validation)

ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1, Func`2)

ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, Func`2)

ContractConfigurator.PartModuleUnlockedRequirement:Load(ConfigNode)

ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement:GenerateRequirement(ConfigNode, ContractType, ContractRequirement&, IContractConfiguratorFactory)

ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement:GenerateRequirement(ConfigNode, ContractType, ContractRequirement&, IContractConfiguratorFactory)

[ERR 20:41:12.964] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusLSResupply' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.007] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusCrewRotation' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.053] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusCrewRotation' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.092] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusEvacuate' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.136] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusCrewRotation' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.174] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusRepairFaultyModule' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.214] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusEvacuate' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.256] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusCrewRotation' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.296] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusRepairFaultyModule' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.335] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusReplaceFaultyModule' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.373] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusEvacuate' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.378] ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MinmusStationCore', PARAMETER 'PartValidation' of type 'PartValidation': The value supplied for partModule (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[system.String]) is invalid.

[EXC 20:41:13.379] ArgumentException: No PartModule class for 'ResearchFacility'.

ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory.<Load>b__6 (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 x)

[ERR 20:41:13.381] ContractConfigurator.PartModuleUnlockedRequirement: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MinmusStationCore', REQUIREMENT 'PartModuleUnlocked' of type 'PartModuleUnlocked': The value supplied for partModule (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[system.String]) is invalid.

[EXC 20:41:13.381] ArgumentException: No PartModule class for 'ResearchFacility'.

ContractConfigurator.PartModuleUnlockedRequirement.<Load>b__1 (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 x)

ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, Func`2)

[ERR 20:41:13.420] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'KerbinStationCore' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.463] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MunLSResupply' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.506] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MunCrewRotation' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.629] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MunCrewRotation' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.668] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MunEvacuate' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.710] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MunCrewRotation' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.749] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MunRepairFaultyModule' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.788] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MunEvacuate' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.830] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MunCrewRotation' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.869] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MunRepairFaultyModule' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.908] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MunReplaceFaultyModule' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.946] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MunEvacuate' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:41:13.952] ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MunStationCore', PARAMETER 'PartValidation' of type 'PartValidation': The value supplied for partModule (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[system.String]) is invalid.

[EXC 20:41:13.952] ArgumentException: No PartModule class for 'ResearchFacility'.

[ERR 20:41:13.954] ContractConfigurator.PartModuleUnlockedRequirement: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MunStationCore', REQUIREMENT 'PartModuleUnlocked' of type 'PartModuleUnlocked': The value supplied for partModule (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[system.String]) is invalid.

[EXC 20:41:13.954] ArgumentException: No PartModule class for 'ResearchFacility'.

[ERR 20:41:13.992] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'KerbinStationCore' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

Anyone else seen these errors?

Yup, removed it, and (most of) the errors went away.

The only errors i am getting now are:

[ERR 20:54:57.152] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusLSResupply' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:54:57.194] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusCrewRotation' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:54:57.238] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusCrewRotation' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:54:57.279] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusEvacuate' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:54:57.322] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusCrewRotation' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:54:57.360] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusRepairFaultyModule' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:54:57.399] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusEvacuate' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:54:57.441] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusCrewRotation' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:54:57.479] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusRepairFaultyModule' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:54:57.517] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusReplaceFaultyModule' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:54:57.554] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MinmusEvacuate' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:54:57.604] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MunLSResupply' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:54:57.645] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MunCrewRotation' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:54:57.688] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MunCrewRotation' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:54:57.727] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MunEvacuate' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:54:57.768] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MunCrewRotation' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[ERR 20:54:57.806] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'MunRepairFaultyModule' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

Is that normal?

I have installed this mod a few times, and I am confused to what is supposed to be available. The only missions i ever see offered are put up stations to mun, minmus and kerbin, they never go away, even if completed they just respawn, canceled, respawn. No other missions to do anything ever came up in my whole playthru, starting a new 1.0.2 LP with Real Fuels installed and wanting to try this mod again. No errors were ever provided from the log files. So thus my confusion.

Hmm, darqen, that doesn't sound right. I got space station missions at Mun, Minmus and Kerbin, but once I complete those, I get follow-up missions to resupply the stations, or rotate crew, or conduct science experiments. At least, I've gotten follow-ups for Kerbin; not sure I've had follow-ups for my other two yet.

Are you sure you have this mod and Contract Configurator installed correctly? Maybe there is a conflicting mod in your installation?

I have installed this mod a few times, and I am confused to what is supposed to be available. The only missions i ever see offered are put up stations to mun, minmus and kerbin, they never go away, even if completed they just respawn, canceled, respawn. No other missions to do anything ever came up in my whole playthru, starting a new 1.0.2 LP with Real Fuels installed and wanting to try this mod again. No errors were ever provided from the log files. So thus my confusion.

Same here

Only launching Kerbin and Mun Stations.