[1.2.2] Contract Pack: Bases and Stations 3.6.1 (30/04/2017) (formerly Kerbin Space Station)

severedsolo

No need, fixed in 1.3.4. The root cause is having both KSS and USS installed. :)

At some point I'm going to add a feature that will allow a pop up error if both KSS and USS are installed to prevent this...

In the meantime, I've slapped a warning on the first post.

No need, fixed in 1.3.4. The root cause is having both KSS and USS installed. :)

At some point I'm going to add a feature that will allow a pop up error if both KSS and USS are installed to prevent this...

I have the error and only have uss installed. Will download the fix and report!

I have the error and only have uss installed. Will download the fix and report!

Ah, then perhaps the problem was really USS all along (I was trying to reproduce with KSS). Let me know if you find anything useful..

Ah, then perhaps the problem was really USS all along (I was trying to reproduce with KSS). Let me know if you find anything useful..

There isn't a massive amount of difference though really. The only things I changed, was I borrowed your "look for a station" expression from TourismPlus - and added a bit of vessel tracking for the service module/evacuate missions.

Unless, this is something to do with the ContractVesselTracking NRE you fixed.

There isn't a massive amount of difference though really. The only things I changed, was I borrowed your "look for a station" expression from TourismPlus - and added a bit of vessel tracking for the service module/evacuate missions.

Unless, this is something to do with the ContractVesselTracking NRE you fixed.

Shouldn't be related to that. This one has been frustrating as it's not something I've been able to reproduce... we'll see if Mulbin comes back with anything or not.

Still broken for me!

Exception occured while loading contract 'LSResupply':

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil+<>c__DisplayClass1e.<ParseVesselValue>b__1d (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].GetIndex (Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].Find (System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseVesselValue (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[Vessel] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)

at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

mmmkay... I got this to stop crashing by running as administrator. I took a resupply and a crew rotation, got to the station, docked.... no reward. Looked in my contracts and they had just disappeared. Other contact configurator packages are working fine (I'm using scansat pack), just this one doing crazy things. Also getting some odd crashes where my ship dissapears and I'm just looking at empty space.

I suspect this just doesn't play well with the 64 bit workaround. I'll copy my files over to my (ugly) 32bit build later and see if the problem is the same!

EDIT - I take it back, still throwing up the errors too. Will have to uninstall for now as it's killing my save. Great idea though, I'll try future builds in case they work better. Will have to make do with the other contract packs for now.

Edited by Mulbin

I'd like to move from KSS to USS, but last time I removed KSS it deleted my stations (no 'station core') does USS replace that part?

If you are using the old deprecated Space Station Docking Port on one of your stations, just copy the "parts" folder from KSS into your USS folder.

@TheRag - station science support is very important to me, it's one of my favourite mods. The recent changes to reduce the minimum capacity to 4 was designed specifically with Station Science in mind.

I don't have much time for new features for KSS right now, as I'm working on a new pack, but I'm happy to take pull requests, otherwise I will get round to it.

Edited by severedsolo

Two quick questions, I searched and read but haven't found answers so hopefully this isn't too annoying just after a release, if it is, feel free to take your time.

1. I built stations it suggested, around Kerbin, Mun and Minmus. But I'm only getting followup contracts for Minmus. Can I change this?

2. I sent them all up empty. However, I'm getting 'crew rotation' missions for the Minmus station - can I just send the Kerbals, without taking some out?

1. You should be getting follow ups for all of them, it's all the same mission, it will pick a station at random. Can you confirm whether you upgraded from 1.x or did you start with 2.x? I think I might have a problem with this mission, but need to look further into it.

2. Absolutely fine, it's intended behaviour, just send the crew up and return a vessel home. The next update will make this a bit clearer

1. You should be getting follow ups for all of them, it's all the same mission, it will pick a station at random. Can you confirm whether you upgraded from 1.x or did you start with 2.x? I think I might have a problem with this mission, but need to look further into it.

2. Absolutely fine, it's intended behaviour, just send the crew up and return a vessel home. The next update will make this a bit clearer

Ok, thanks. I'm honestly not sure what version it was or even when I installed it, it can't have been that long ago? Maybe 2 weeks ago, maximum? I installed it via CKAN so it was quick and painless - perhaps too quick and painless in this instance!

Might want to include a note in the CKAN description that KSS and USS are incompatible.

(Unless you have already done something in the dependencies so CKAN will know they are incompatible)

Might want to include a note in the CKAN description that KSS and USS are incompatible.

(Unless you have already done something in the dependencies so CKAN will know they are incompatible)

CKAN won't let you install both, they are marked as incompatible with each other

... I tried to launch my station, so I was like "what orbit should I use..." I consider everything below 2,800km to be LKO, so I was like "hey, the ISS is at 400km, so I'll launch to there".. So I send it up and I don't get the win... I looked at the data files and I'm like ...?!?!?!... =\ 249km max?!?!?! That's like scraping the atmo...

... I tried to launch my station, so I was like "what orbit should I use..." I consider everything below 2,800km to be LKO, so I was like "hey, the ISS is at 400km, so I'll launch to there".. So I send it up and I don't get the win... I looked at the data files and I'm like ...?!?!?!... =\ 249km max?!?!?! That's like scraping the atmo...

LKO = Low Kerbin Orbit, which is anything <= 249 KM

LKO = Low Kerbin Orbit, which is anything <= 249 KM

Although I have to agree with AlonzoTG - it's much better when that kind of thing is clearly spelled out in the contract so the players don't have to guess at it.

Hello

I really like Useful Space Station mod, thank you for creating and maintain it. :)

Accidentally I updated my KSP version to 1.0.4 and CKAN shows me, that this mod is not available for that version so far.

Does anyone know, if I can install in anyway (manually) or does it lead to issues with 1.0.4 ?

Thanks and best regards,

GrafZahl

Hello

I really like Useful Space Station mod, thank you for creating and maintain it. :)

Accidentally I updated my KSP version to 1.0.4 and CKAN shows me, that this mod is not available for that version so far.

Does anyone know, if I can install in anyway (manually) or does it lead to issues with 1.0.4 ?

Thanks and best regards,

GrafZahl

Should work fine (but I haven't tested) - I'll get CKAN updated a bit later.