[1.2.2] Contract Pack: Bases and Stations 3.6.1 (30/04/2017) (formerly Kerbin Space Station)

severedsolo

[quote name='paq666']You're right it is not a big problem, I actually just installed manually previous version of mod. But there might be a group of people not being able or not willing to do that, but then I can not imagine anyone playing KSP, using CKAN and hundred of mods and not being able to solve such problems :)

I guess there is group of ppl that update imediatelly. But I need to wait for quite some time because my current game sits on lots of mods that need to mature on new release before I can switch and play without any problems.

So basically I don't think this is a huge problem, but it would be nice to prevent CKAN from updating to non compatible version.

Anyway, this is really just a minor issue. I love your contract pack, it gives me a lot of great gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Some mods don't require much, if anything, to make them compatible, so there is an immediate rush to get those released. Then there are some mods which are affected by the changes, those (depending on the complexity) take more time to update, test and release.

LGG

[quote name='paq666']
So basically I don't think this is a huge problem, but it would be nice to prevent CKAN from updating to non compatible version.
[/QUOTE]

Honestly, as a player I love CKAN. As a modder, it's a massive PITA.

Having said that, I did bring this on myself. There was no reason to hardcode the CC 1.8.0 requirement - I was aware that I needed an update (as the previous supported version was missing features) - but couldn't remember what the actual minimum was, so I got lazy and went "ah, latest one will do".

I'm currently waiting for a reply from the CKAN bods as to what would happen if I changed my AVC to 1.0.5 only. I (hope) this would avoid this issue, as you could keep your previous version on 1.0.4 but new builds would only be offered for 1.0.5

I'm not going to release an update, or make this mandatory however -

I recommend that you upgrade to Contract Configurator 1.8.2 as it contains a couple of cool new toys for KSS.

Actually: make that 1.8.3. Edited by severedsolo

The next update is going to be a big one.

Cosmobro seems to have disappeared off the face of kerbin, and Base construction is too good to let it die.

So, unless he comes back to me and says he doesn't want me to, I plan to bring it into the KSS fold, as it seems the obvious choice.

Which means I'll probably change the name of this pack.

At the moment I'm thinking "Contract Pack: Bases and Stations" but that lacks a certain... something. So I'm open to suggestions for a new name.

[quote name='severedsolo']The next update is going to be a big one.

Cosmobro seems to have disappeared off the face of kerbin, and Base construction is too good to let it die.

So, unless he comes back to me and says he doesn't want me to, I plan to bring it into the KSS fold, as it seems the obvious choice.

Which means I'll probably change the name of this pack.

At the moment I'm thinking "Contract Pack: Bases and Stations" but that lacks a certain... something. So I'm open to suggestions for a new name.[/QUOTE]

I like Contract Pack: Bases and Stations

[quote name='severedsolo']Honestly, as a player I love CKAN. As a modder, it's a massive PITA.

Having said that, I did bring this on myself. There was no reason to hardcode the CC 1.8.0 requirement - I was aware that I needed an update (as the previous supported version was missing features) - but couldn't remember what the actual minimum was, so I got lazy and went "ah, latest one will do".

I'm currently waiting for a reply from the CKAN bods as to what would happen if I changed my AVC to 1.0.5 only. I (hope) this would avoid this issue, as you could keep your previous version on 1.0.4 but new builds would only be offered for 1.0.5[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what other modders do. I just checked it recently, mod updates with 1.0.5 requirement updates only on 1.0.5 install, CKAN don't push them on my old 1.0.4 install.

[quote name='severedsolo']The next update is going to be a big one.
At the moment I'm thinking "Contract Pack: Bases and Stations" but that lacks a certain... something. So I'm open to suggestions for a new name.[/QUOTE]

Contract Pack: Basions ;)

But on more serious note:
Contract Pack: Habitats

Then actually "Bases and Stations" is not too bad, sounds simple and plain, but is informative and ok in my opinion.

On 11/25/2015, 9:02:45, paq666 said:

The next update is going to be a big one.
At the moment I'm thinking "Contract Pack: Bases and Stations" but that lacks a certain... something. So I'm open to suggestions for a new name.

Contract Pack: Basions ;)

But on more serious note:
Contract Pack: Habitats

Then actually "Bases and Stations" is not too bad, sounds simple and plain, but is informative and ok in my opinion.

I'll second this.    Bases & Stations is very clear as to what it is.

Contract Configurator: 1.8.3

Contract Pact: KSS: 3.0.2

I'm getting a duplicate mission to launch a station into Kerbin orbit. I checked completed missions, and I have the previous mission completed for sure.

6 hours ago, CompB said:

Contract Configurator: 1.8.3

Contract Pact: KSS: 3.0.2

I'm getting a duplicate mission to launch a station into Kerbin orbit. I checked completed missions, and I have the previous mission completed for sure.

Ugh, I thought I'd fixed this. Can you please provide me a copy of your save, just so I can track down whether it's a problem at my end or with CC?

18 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Ugh, I thought I'd fixed this. Can you please provide me a copy of your save, just so I can track down whether it's a problem at my end or with CC?

As an update, I had a station mission for Mun, one for Minmus, then the additional for Kerbin. I did other missions, the missions expired after ~2 days, then I got a mission for the power module.

My persistant is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B71Yu89OrCWJRnloUHFJa1FjNnc/view?usp=sharing

I am really not sure what is going on here. As far as I can tell, Kerbal Space Station is orbiting. Which means my expression should decline to offer the contract (but it clearly hasn't).

@nightingale - Any ideas what's going on here? - I believe that

DATA
    {
        type = Vessel
        requiredValue = false
        targetVessel1 = AllVessels().Where(v => v.VesselType() == Station && v.CelestialBody() == @/targetBody1 ).Random()
    }

REQUIREMENT
    {
        name = NoStation
        type = Expression

expression = (!@/targetVessel1.IsOrbiting())
    }

Should stop it generating if it finds another station in orbit shouldn't it? (Assume that targetBody1 is valid - it's just a simple OrbitedBodies().Random() check)

I wonder if this is linked to the issues with the Rescue stuff I had - where it wasn't parsing properly when I used &&

Edited by severedsolo

4 hours ago, severedsolo said:

I am really not sure what is going on here. As far as I can tell, Kerbal Space Station is orbiting. Which means my expression should decline to offer the contract (but it clearly hasn't).

@nightingale - Any ideas what's going on here? - I believe that

DATA
    {
        type = Vessel
        requiredValue = false
        targetVessel1 = AllVessels().Where(v => v.VesselType() == Station && v.CelestialBody() == @/targetBody1 ).Random()
    }

REQUIREMENT
    {
        name = NoStation
        type = Expression

expression = (!@/targetVessel1.IsOrbiting())
    }

Should stop it generating if it finds another station in orbit shouldn't it? (Assume that targetBody1 is valid - it's just a simple OrbitedBodies().Random() check)

I wonder if this is linked to the issues with the Rescue stuff I had - where it wasn't parsing properly when I used &&

What it's doing is:

1. Get all stations at the target body.
  2. Randomly pick one
  3. If that one is not orbiting, offer the contract

So what's likely happening is that there is one vessel marked as station that is not orbiting that is throwing your check off when it gets selected.

What you want is to drop the DATA node entirely, and use this requirement:

REQUIREMENT
    {
        name = NoStation
        type = Expression

expression = AllVessels().Where(v => v.VesselType() == Station && v.CelestialBody() == @/targetBody1 && v.IsOrbiting()).Count() == 0
    }

Or, a little bit more complex, but if you instead do it all in DATA nodes and use it for you selection criteria for the body:

DATA
    {
        type = List<Vessel>
        stations = AllVessels().Where(v => v.VesselType() == Station && v.IsOrbiting())
    }

DATA
    {
        type = CelestialBody
        requiredValue = true
        uniqueValue = true
        targetBody1 = OrbitedBodies().Where(body => @/stations.Where(v => v.CelestialBody() == body).Count() == 0).Random()
    }

The second is a little bit better, because it'll always generate a contract if it can (versus the first will generate a contract, but then not offer it when the requirement fails).  So in the first case if the player has orbited 10 bodies, and has stations around 9 of them, then that logic will only generate a contract for the correct body 10% of the time.  The second one will generate a contract for the remaining body 100% of the time.

Hmm, I can't find another Station in the save but it's entirely possible that there was a station on the ground when it was loaded into the pre-loader.

This does seem to be the most logical explanation, as I haven't come across this on my save, and I only ever set my vessels to station when they are in position.

I'll put the fix that @nightingale gave me above into the next release.

Just a thought: @CompB - how long (in-game time) passed between these contracts generating roughly?

Wait... we can nest Where() commands? You may have just solved my problem with Base Construction....

Edited by severedsolo

45 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Hmm, I can't find another Station in the save but it's entirely possible that there was a station on the ground when it was loaded into the pre-loader.

This does seem to be the most logical explanation, as I haven't come across this on my save, and I only ever set my vessels to station when they are in position.

Just a thought: @CompB - how long (in-game time) passed between these contracts generating roughly?

Wait... we can nest Where() commands? You may have just solved my problem with Base Construction....

Should be able to nest Where() calls.  You may have to start being careful of performance concerns though (in that example if you have 100 vessels and 10 celestial bodies, it'll have to look at 1000 combinations).  Which is probably fine.  But if you then start looking at crew on the vessels in the inner loop, which actually requires going through all the parts... then it would get bad.  That's one of the reasons if you have debug on it'll tell you when contracts take "too long" to generate.

2 hours ago, severedsolo said:

It seemed like it was after about 3 days I start getting more station contracts.

Also, I remember that when I first launched, I launched as a ship, and when I changed to Station in orbit, the contract didn't complete. I figured that meant I had to launch as a Station from the ground, so I reset to launch, switched to Station, and relaunched to orbit. that completed the contract.

16 minutes ago, CompB said:

Also, I remember that when I first launched, I launched as a ship, and when I changed to Station in orbit, the contract didn't complete. I figured that meant I had to launch as a Station from the ground, so I reset to launch, switched to Station, and relaunched to orbit. that completed the contract.

There we go then - that explains it. CC picked up on your station on the ground and loaded a contract into the pre-loader. A few days later, it's offered. Hopefully the fix I'm putting in will stop it from happening again.

On the not recognising you've changed to Station thing - I noticed this myself yesterday actually. What you actually need to do is switch vessel, or change scenes (basically switch away and switch back) and it will work. I suspect CC isn't checking all the time (because it's performance intensive). @nightingale - is there anything that can be done about that? Or am I best to just put a warning note?

Edited by severedsolo

18 minutes ago, CompB said:

It seemed like it was after about 3 days I start getting more station contracts.

There's a bug where changing the type of the vessel isn't recognized by the contract immediately (it will work if you do something else to make it check, like saving and reloading).  This will be fixed in Contract Configurator 1.9.0.

Not sure if this has already been brought to your attention, but after having finally launched a Sun-orbiting (for now) space station, I keep getting contracts to evacuate it, and as advertised, land on the body which it orbits.  I would simply decline it, except I can't.  Plus with the new penalties for declining a contract, it seems silly to penalize someone for knowing better than to accept an impossible contract.

Danny

15 minutes ago, CrashTestDanny said:

Not sure if this has already been brought to your attention, but after having finally launched a Sun-orbiting (for now) space station, I keep getting contracts to evacuate it, and as advertised, land on the body which it orbits.  I would simply decline it, except I can't.  Plus with the new penalties for declining a contract, it seems silly to penalize someone for knowing better than to accept an impossible contract

Oh my god, I laughed way harder than I should have at that. "KSC Mayday Mayday, We are going to perform an Emergency Landing.. Arrgh! *crackle*"

Thanks for the report, I need to put a surface check in there. I'll add it to the next release.

Hmm, I was going to wait until I've ironed out the Base Construction stuff before releasing, but the bug fixes are starting to build up, so I'll push 3.0.3 before I finish 3.1

Edited by severedsolo

For a few minutes I thought this actually had come from useful space stations, which I thought was installed because it shows up in the Contract Configurator (I really hate typing that non-word...  so abused in my workplace).  However, I double-check ckan and my gamedata directory and I don't believe I have useful space stations installed.  Has this project absorbed useful space stations?  would it be possible to change the text in CC to relieve my confusion? :)

Thanks,

Danny

27 minutes ago, CrashTestDanny said:

Has this project absorbed useful space stations?  would it be possible to change the text in CC to relieve my confusion? :)

Actually, this is closer to Useful Space Stations than the old Kerbin Space Station. The old method was getting a bit cumbersome, and USS was closer to what I wanted, so I merged them. I kept the old labels for backwards compatibility.

As we are getting a new name for the pack shortly anyway, I'll leave them as they are for now, but I'll definitely change it when I merge Base Construction.

Edited by severedsolo

Kerbin Space Station 3.0.3 Released!

• @nightingale Added Strategia support
  • Fixed issue where Evacuate would complete early in specific circumstances.
  • Evacuate Mission will no longer ask you to perform an Emergency Landing on bodies without a surface (thanks @CrashTestDanny)
  • Changed the way Maintenance Contracts check for unique vessels. This change means that KSS now requires Contract Configurator 1.9.0 or higher.
  • Turned down reputation rewards on Core Mission.
  • Fixed issue where a duplicate Core Mission could be generated under specific circumstances. (thanks @CompB)
  • Updated CrewRotation so you know what vessel you are rotating from the title.
  • Fixed a problem where Evacuate wouldn't care who landed.
Edited by severedsolo