[1.2.2] Contract Pack: Bases and Stations 3.6.1 (30/04/2017) (formerly Kerbin Space Station)

severedsolo

I have a strange issue.  I have a 'evacuate station' contract, so I've taken the only Kerbal on there and landed them at the Mun.  Now the contract won't complete even though the station is unmanned?  Running 1.2pre:

yK2HHyH.png

7 minutes ago, Sonny_Jim said:

I have a strange issue.  I have a 'evacuate station' contract, so I've taken the only Kerbal on there and landed them at the Mun.  Now the contract won't complete even though the station is unmanned?  Running 1.2pre:

yK2HHyH.png

Looks like KSP lost the vessel definition. Sometimes happens with docking. CC usually handles it though. I'd say ask @nightingale but don't know if you'll get a response straight away considering everything happening at Squad.

@Sonny_Jim I would definitely raise this as an issue with CC. I've just double checked the contract, and that second parameter is not even supposed to complete unless the first one does.

Edited by severedsolo

14 hours ago, amore555 said:

Contract doesn't seem to acknowledge that I have docked with the station, any ideas?

ksp.jpg

Probably/possible something larger wrong with vessel definitions. See @Sonny_Jim's post above yours and provide nightingale with the info he requested.

*As of right now 1.2 is not supported, and I won't be dealing with any support queries until a stable1.2 ready version of Contract Configurator is released*

Edit: That came across a little rude, I apologise. What I am trying to say, is, I don't have much time, and am not going to run around putting out fires that may/may not exist.

Edited by severedsolo

5 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Edit: That came across a little rude, I apologise.

Maybe just change the font size rather than all caps, :wink: but fully understood.  FWIW I have the same docking problem as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Contract Pack: Bases and Stations 3.4.1 released!

• Contracts will not check their requirements if they have already been accepted.
  • LSResupply now requires a new vessel

Normal service is now resumed re support as Nightingale has released a 1.2 ready version of CC.

Recent changes to USI seem to have broken the BaseSelfSufficiency contract. Log snippet below:

Spoiler

[INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'BaseSelfSufficiency'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'BaseSelfSufficiency', PARAMETER 'Self-Sufficiency' of type 'PartValidation': Error parsing part

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

ArgumentException: 'USILS_Greenhouse' is not a valid Part.
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.PartParser.ParseIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseVarOrIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[AvailablePart].ParseSimpleStatement[AvailablePart] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Rethrow as Exception: Error parsing statement.
Error occurred near '*':
USILS_Greenhouse
................* <-- HERE
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseExpression (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[AvailablePart] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1, Func`2)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1)
ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory:Load(ConfigNode)
ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory:GenerateParameterFactory(ConfigNode, ContractType, ParameterFactory&, ParameterFactory)
ContractConfigurator.ContractType:Load(ConfigNode)
ContractConfigurator.<LoadContractConfig>d__26:MoveNext()
ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator:PSystemReady()
EventVoid:Fire()
<Start>c__Iterator77:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'BaseSelfSufficiency'

There's no longer a USILS_Greenhouse part but instead USILS_Greenhouse_Sm, USILS_Greenhouse_250, USILS_Greenhouse_Cupola, USILS_Greenhouse_Inline, USILS_Greenhouse_Lg,  and USILS_Greenhouse_MiniCupola.

There are also various agriculture modules in the MKS package.

11 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Recent changes to USI seem to have broken the BaseSelfSufficiency contract. Log snippet below:

Reveal hidden contents

[INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'BaseSelfSufficiency'

ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'BaseSelfSufficiency', PARAMETER 'Self-Sufficiency' of type 'PartValidation': Error parsing part

ArgumentException: 'USILS_Greenhouse' is not a valid Part.
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.PartParser.ParseIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseVarOrIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[AvailablePart].ParseSimpleStatement[AvailablePart] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Rethrow as Exception: Error parsing statement.
Error occurred near '*':
USILS_Greenhouse
................* <-- HERE
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseExpression (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[AvailablePart] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1, Func`2)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1)
ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory:Load(ConfigNode)
ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory:GenerateParameterFactory(ConfigNode, ContractType, ParameterFactory&, ParameterFactory)
ContractConfigurator.ContractType:Load(ConfigNode)
ContractConfigurator.<LoadContractConfig>d__26:MoveNext()
ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator:PSystemReady()
EventVoid:Fire()
<Start>c__Iterator77:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'BaseSelfSufficiency'

There's no longer a USILS_Greenhouse part but instead USILS_Greenhouse_Sm, USILS_Greenhouse_250, USILS_Greenhouse_Cupola, USILS_Greenhouse_Inline, USILS_Greenhouse_Lg,  and USILS_Greenhouse_MiniCupola.

There are also various agriculture modules in the MKS package.

I also have a few questions, some regarding USI-stuff

- Which Docking ports are supported, just stock or also stuff like B9's monstrous thing or other modded ones (I think NovaPunch/KW Rocketry/SpaceY also have some over-2.5m-ports)
- What defines a habitation-module? Are MKS-Tundra-parts supported for orbital stuff / the other MKS-stuff for planetary?
- What defines a cupola? Just the stock-one, or also something like the MKS/USI-LS-cupola?
- What happens if I accept and decline/fail a mission, can I re-accept it?
- What happens if I accept and do a mission, but deorbit the station afterwards, can I continue after I built a new one?
- I don't remember the requirements correctly, but what happens if I already have something in orbit? Like an unmanned fuel depot, or a scan(or comms)-satellite?

7 hours ago, cy-one said:

- Which Docking ports are supported, just stock or also stuff like B9's monstrous thing or other modded ones (I think NovaPunch/KW Rocketry/SpaceY also have some over-2.5m-ports)

Anything that uses ModuleDockingNode (so basically pretty much any docking port, stock or otherwise). If you find one that uses a different module, let me know and I'll try to add it (I had to do this for NearFuture, as they use a different Part Module for their solar panels).

- What defines a habitation-module? Are MKS-Tundra-parts supported for orbital stuff / the other MKS-stuff for planetary?

Pure crew capacity. So anything should work.

- What happens if I accept and decline/fail a mission, can I re-accept it?

Yup. As of Contract Configurator 1.15 onwards the Core Missions (that is, "Create a Station/Base" chain of missions) are non-random. They will always be available if the requirements are met (and if they aren't, you can see why in Mission Control)". For Maintenance missions there is an element of randomness, but you should get one maintenance mission for each station (assuming you haven't done them all in the last 10 days, and the cooldown is in effect).

8 hours ago, cy-one said:

- What happens if I accept and do a mission, but deorbit the station afterwards, can I continue after I built a new one?

I'm not 100% sure what you are asking here, but will try my best:

De-orbiting a station (assuming it's the only station in orbit) will cause a new "launch the x body space station!" mission to be offered, so yes you can launch a new station.

Maintenance missions are linked to specific vessels. If you de-orbit the vessel you are supposed to be doing a crew rotation on, no you won't be able to complete that mission, but a new mission would generate when you put a new station up.

- I don't remember the requirements correctly, but what happens if I already have something in orbit? Like an unmanned fuel depot, or a scan(or comms)-satellite?

See the FAQ for requirements of the Core Station mission: https://github.com/severedsolo/KerbinSpaceStation/wiki/FAQ

- What defines a cupola? Just the stock-one, or also something like the MKS/USI-LS-cupola?

Just the stock one. There isn't a part module for me to hook into for that one.

The FAQ isn't really clear on this, what exactly defines "(NOT)a station in orbit"?

Is a station an object with a docking port, a kerbal-capacity of 4<, a cupola and a science lab? Is it anything that is ingame "classified" as station (icon on mapscreen)?

Also, of course, thanks for the quick answer :)

Edited by cy-one

40 minutes ago, cy-one said:

Is a station an object with a docking port, a kerbal-capacity of 4<, a cupola and a science lab? Is it anything that is ingame "classified" as station (icon on mapscreen)?

The second one. A station is assumed to be any vessel that the player has marked as "station" in map view.

how "fast" does that "update"? If I reclassify a prior station (like a fuel depot) as satellite... if I go back to mission control, would the mod then think there's no station and (other requirements met) offer me to build a station?

1 minute ago, cy-one said:

how "fast" does that "update"? If I reclassify a prior station (like a fuel depot) as satellite... if I go back to mission control, would the mod then think there's no station and (other requirements met) offer me to build a station?

That's Contract Configurator territory, but I'm fairly certain a contract generation pass is done every time you open mission control. So in your scenario, I would expect the contract to be offered when you get back to Mission Control. If not it should certainly be offered after a scene change.

5 hours ago, severedsolo said:

That's Contract Configurator territory, but I'm fairly certain a contract generation pass is done every time you open mission control. So in your scenario, I would expect the contract to be offered when you get back to Mission Control. If not it should certainly be offered after a scene change.

Every time the Space Center scene is visited, periodically within the space center scene, and any time certain actions happen (like accepting/cancelling/completing/declining a contract).

@Aelfhe1m and anyone else using USI LS.

I've updated Base Self-Sufficiency for USI's greenhouse. Rather than referencing the parts individually, I'm just looking for anything that inputs mulch and outputs supplies.

I'm not getting any loading errors in the log, but setting up the test conditions is going to be a PITA, so would you mind trying the pre-release and tell me if everything works as you expect it should?

@severedsolo Contract Configurator has in stock two good icons for bases and stations in the "Agencies" folder. Since by default your pack disables the stock contracts of this type it would be nice if the pack used the icons provided by CC. I actually made those with your contract pack in mind.

Edited by Enceos

1 hour ago, rocketbuilder said:

How do you trigger survey for the base contracts? I've already scanned for ore on minmus, will that mean I can't have a station on minmus?

Should still be able to. Once a world is scanned, you should get a mission to send a rover to scout a potential site.

• 2 weeks later...

I just registered to this forum to ask this question.

The missions just do not start. I cant even find a mission "launch a space station core" or something like that in the list. (not even locked)

I read the FAQ! I unlocked the labs and the docking ports as well as some solar panels. Is there a common mistake that people do? Or is it probability that gives me those contracts? Is there a maximum number of available contracts? (I am also using GAP contracts tourism and other contract packages)

I would love to play those missions.

Regards VSky

I also installed the newest version deleted contract configurator and the contract packs and reinstalled everything..:/

Edited by V[Sky]

41 minutes ago, V[Sky] said:

I also installed the newest version deleted contract configurator and the contract packs and reinstalled everything..:/

Welcome to the forums! Difficult to tell what the issue is from your description, can you please provide a screenshot of mission control and your output_log