[1.0.4] Kerbin 365 Version 0.4.1 -3.2x/6.4x Solar System Rescale- (50% Less Bees! Edition)

Nolnoc

Also, if you need help moving KSC or whatnot, check out KSCSwitcher in my mod thread since RSS won't be a plugin anymore. The license is friendly as well if you need to use code.

Also, if you need help moving KSC or whatnot, check out KSCSwitcher in my mod thread since RSS won't be a plugin anymore. The license is friendly as well if you need to use code.

This is much appreciated! It would seem that is is possible to move the KSC with Koernicus, as it uses a similar PQS loader to RealSolarSystem , however I can't seem to get the code set correctly to actually move it. Until then I will look at integrating this into the mod bundle and hopefully be able to update sooner.

This is much appreciated! It would seem that is is possible to move the KSC with Koernicus, as it uses a similar PQS loader to RealSolarSystem , however I can't seem to get the code set correctly to actually move it. Until then I will look at integrating this into the mod bundle and hopefully be able to update sooner.
I'm pretty sure the following will work with ModuleManager, letting your users simply download and install KSCSwitcher. Just make a launchsites.cfg file for your mod and paste this in. This will result in a single site that will always be used. You'll need to fill in the blanks as I'm not sure where KSC actually is on Kerbin anymore... :\

@KSCSWITCHER
{
%DefaultSite = kerbal_space_center
!LaunchSites {}
LaunchSites
{
Site
{
name = kerbal_space_center
displayName = Kerbal Space Center
description =
PQSCity
{
KEYname = KSC
latitude =
longitude =
repositionRadiusOffset =
repositionToSphereSurface =
lodvisibleRangeMult =
}
PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
{
radius =
heightMapDeformity =
absoluteOffset =
absolute =
latitude =
longitude =
}
}
}
}

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a busy few weeks at university so I haven't much time to work on K-365. However in the time I do have the rebuild to Kopernicus has been going well. Except for this one bug which completely breaks the game.:P

once I get the KSC peninsula resealed and the KSC moved off the water I can focus on finalizing the other planet rescales and get the next update out.

ARBV7NW.jpg

Good news everyone! I have managed to make progress regarding that misplaced KSC glitch. With the use of KSC Switcher and a lot of experimentation I have managed to finally get K-365 in a semi-working state. Now that I have found a way past that game breaking bug I can now polish up the new build and get it ready for release within the next week or two. So for those of you patiently waiting at home for the next update scooch a little closer to the edge of your seat because it is coming soon.

Were back baby! Version 0.3 is now live! This is a complete overhaul of the mod, replacing the core dependency of RealSolarSystem with the new Kopernicus mod. This update should make this mod more dependable in the future as well as allow for better control over the new stock system. While there are still a few bugs and features that need work I feel the mod is in a state where I can release a working update.

• 4 weeks later...

Good news everyone! I finally got the OPM support configs to work. It required a complete re-coding of my mod (again :P) but it works!

Next update is shaping up to be out within the week, probably on Friday. I still have a few major things to get set first (moving to GitHub, finalizing my KerbalStuff version, etc.) but the next few updates are shaping up nicely and I should be able to get them out quite quickly, barring another overhaul. :D

Edited by Nolnoc

New update guys! Version BETA 0.4 is now Live!

Change Log:

- Re-coded entire mod to run more efficiently and be better compatible with other planet packs.

- Added Outer Planets support.

- Up-scaled atmosphere heights on all applicable planets by 16%.

- Up-scaled temperature curves on all atmospheric planets by 16% as well.

- Fixed solar heat curves for all atmospheric bodies for new atmospheres.

- Changed file structure to be easier to install.

- Updated to Kopernicus BETA edition.

- Removed KSCSwitcher dependency.

- Removed PQS changes (temporary until I sort out better values)

- Edits to Norah's description (Refinement will come later)

- Added 90% more freedom.

• 5 weeks later...

What about heat effects? Will the speed when they appear change according to a new values of orbital speed? What about Deadly Reentry compatibility?

The main reason I want this mod is to fly my airplanes ar mach 2.5 without visually bursting into flames.

Been playing career, set to moderate, works well. I was a 32x player, and still use 64x, and I have to say I like this even better. 3.2x is perfect for stock. I'll say what I said about the 32x mod, this would ideally be stock. The only thing lacking with stock parts are a set of 1.875m parts, so I've been using HGR. Career is doable without those parts, but it is more grindy.

What about heat effects? Will the speed when they appear change according to a new values of orbital speed? What about Deadly Reentry compatibility?

The main reason I want this mod is to fly my airplanes at mach 2.5 without visually bursting into flames.

Heat effects are increased from stock due to the changes in both atmosphere size and the higher orbital velocity. This makes re-entry more challenging, pushing spaceplane parts to the high temperature warnings in normal reentry. As for the effects the generate the same as stock, with the same temperatures and speeds marking the beginning and end of the effects. For your spaceplane issue that is also part of the base game, as the speed/temp. values for effect generation are the same, but I will look into changing this in the future. Finally for Deadly Reentry, it currently only does G-force death and should be fully supported. As for future versions Kerbin-365 should be compatible out of the box as is but I will make sure it is fully supported in the future.

OK, the version as-released seems to depend upon OPM. I removed the OPM cfg, and it worked.

Hmm this shouldn't happen. I will have to go through and figure out what I left ticked to force OPM dependency. If I had to guess I would say its an if-than command I mis-coded. I'm busy at university with midterms so it may take a while for the update but for now just delete the OPM config if you are not using it. Also I repackaged the file structure with a Gamedata folder for easy instalation, just drag the Gamedata into the base game or drag the internal files into the Gamedata folder in the KSP file.

Thats all for now folks! I will be here to answer any questions and as always please report any bugs! It helps me fix this for the upcoming full release and make this mod better for those who use it.

I'm really liking this, though stock career is grindy upon reaching orbit because you need big parts to start exploring with manned craft, and the needed parts are scattered at the end of the stock tech tree.

Reentry is nice, it actually feels dangerous on munar returns.

Been playing a Sandbox save with this mod along with FAR, RemoteTech + some parts mods. Loving it so far!

On career being grindy; I feel like that's a problem with the stock game as well, the challenge in this mod just makes the grindy-ness more apparent.

On career being grindy; I feel like that's a problem with the stock game as well, the challenge in this mod just makes the grindy-ness more apparent.

Yeah, career is always grindy, but this is somewhat worse in that getting around with stock parts can be pretty tricky, or requires many rendezvous.

Yeah, career is always grindy, but this is somewhat worse in that getting around with stock parts can be pretty tricky, or requires many rendezvous.

Ooh yeah I see what you mean. My Munar mapping satellite ran out of fuel before it could get into a polar orbit. Thankfully Bill and Jeb happen to be excellent space tow-truck drivers!

kyi1TXm.png

JCwpNMy.png

Gq3wAOX.png

XkAeDcN.png

Also I should probably scale up RT's range, it's part of the reason this mission was such a PITA lol :D.

Hey, how have I missed this? I've been looking for a rescale since I started playing post-1.0.X. and been disappointed by 6.4x not working in Career. So just to check - this does work in career, right? If so, I'm looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...

I love this mod so much. I haven't even touched career yet, been having way too much fun on Sandbox. After not playing KSP for 3+ months, I decided to give this mod a shot, as 64k didn't seem to be working for me... It's awesome! Combined with Atomic Age, Porkjet's habitat pack and SpaceY (and of course, Mechjeb), I've already set up a munar base and developed a line of 5m launch vehicles. My biggest one so far can launch 250t of pure payload into a 300km orbit, even when flying with the technical finesse of a puppy flying the space shuttle. With a bit of skill, you can launch 120t to Duna no problem. My mid-range launcher is my workhorse at the moment, it can deliver 100t to orbit, or 50t to munar orbit. But my favourite is the 5m 25t to orbit, reusable (SpaceX Style) SSTO. Best thing is, they all look pretty well proportioned to how much payload they carry. My 250t launcher is about the size of the Falcon Heavy, but if you were to make a rocket with the same lifting capacity in stock it would be a hell of a lot smaller.

I don't know if it is just me or not, but I feel like with the new aerodynamics, this mod doesn't make the game a whole lot harder. DeltaV cost to orbit has gone up to 4800m/s compared to stock 3500m/s, but most people are use to 4500+ m/s to orbit from previous versions anyway. But the orbital distances definitely help make the game a lot more fun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.