Mousepad-friendly games

KvickFlygarn87

Hi guys!

So I'm currently on vacation and on the evenings I want to have something to do. I tried KSP and Minecraft, but both are incredibly annoying to play on a mousepad. So, any suggestions for good, free, mousepad friendly games or am I stuck on Youtube?

EDIT: To clarify, mousepad refers to a laptop mouse thing, not a mouse mat.

Edited by KvickFlygarn87

But a mousepad is exactly that, what you're calling a mousemat. What you're referring to is called a 'touchpad'.

I find touchpads so annoying, I've disabled mine (a function key setting on my ASUS) and use a USB mouse. Life is good.

But a mousepad is exactly that, what you're calling a mousemat. What you're referring to is called a 'touchpad'.

I find touchpads so annoying, I've disabled mine (a function key setting on my ASUS) and use a USB mouse. Life is good.

Ah. I'm neither a native speaker nor an active user of touchpads ;)

There is an extra word for touchpad in Swedish? :)

Most tech-related things just get called by their English name in Germany - of course the public authorities will come up with a German expression soon enough. :D

There is an extra word for touchpad in Swedish? :)

Most tech-related things just get called by their English name in Germany - of course the public authorities will come up with a German expression soon enough. :D

Well, we call it "musplatta" - or, translated directly, mousepad :)

I've actually gotten used to playing on a touchpad. In fact, I started playing KSP on a touchpad. I can even play Starcraft on a touchpad. Ever since my wireless USB optical mouse started acting wonky, I gave up and became one with the touchpad. It has its limitations, but I've adapted

Try flash games that are mostly keyboard controlled, there are a lot of them on places like NewGrounds or Kongregate and such.

There is this game that is pretty interesting, a flash version of Fallout, basically, with a deeper focus on trade in a post apocalyptic world:Caravaneer 2

It has a lot of hours behind it for a flash game, so good enough for a vacation.

Edited by RainDreamer

I think they're annoying too, the only time I use mine is when there's a slider in an application instead of a number box or a slider w/ a number box that can't be typed into and I want to dial the slider down to a specific value.

Edited by Flymetothemun

I've never understood why people hate touchpads so much.

I play KSP with a touchpad and it's fine. Actually, I never use a separate mouse. I really, honestly don't get what's wrong with a regular old touchpad.

The thing is, my touchpad doesn't scroll in KSP for w/e reason, whoch makes building a massive pain.

I mainly play old-school type top-down RPG's on the laptop. I'm currently somewhere about 50 hours through Baldur's Gate 2 at the moment.

Asides from that, Prison Architect, Don't Starve, South Park: Stick of Truth, Civ 4, Shadowrun Returns, Galactic Civilizations 2, and Sim City 4 are installed, and don't suffer much from the lack of scroll wheel, or needing the kind of pointer-dexterity I only seem to get from using a mouse.

I've never understood why people hate touchpads so much.

I play KSP with a touchpad and it's fine. Actually, I never use a separate mouse. I really, honestly don't get what's wrong with a regular old touchpad.

I can't stand them because, for me, it always seems my thumbs touch the pad while I'm using the keyboard and .... zip! .... there goes the cursor. grrrrr :huh:

Is it a Macbook Touchpad? I haven't had any trouble with Minecraft on a Macbook touchpad.

Try NetHack (hard) or Dwarf Fortress (insane).

I can assure you, you don't want/use/need a pointing device.

I don't now about NetHack, but DF would be hard to play without a numerical keyboard.

I can't stand them because, for me, it always seems my thumbs touch the pad while I'm using the keyboard and .... zip! .... there goes the cursor. grrrrr :huh:

The worst thing are the MacBook Pro ones. They have two sharp edges near them, MADE OF UNGROUNDED ALUMINIUM. Then you plug in the ungrounded charger, and... You can guess what happens.

The worst thing are the MacBook Pro ones. They have two sharp edges near them, MADE OF UNGROUNDED ALUMINIUM. Then you plug in the ungrounded charger, and... You can guess what happens.

I've not run across that yet. Thankfully.

I have two people whom I've had to fix their MacBook Pro because of USB port problems. I think they both have a short of some sort in the port. Plug in a stick and the machine punts, then refuses to turn back on. To fix it, the back cover must be removed (10 screws or so), and then unplug the battery cable... then plug it back in and put the cover back on and then you can turn it back on again. Weird.

Are you updated to Yosemite? What do you think of it? I kind of think they've made the desktop icons look cheesy.

Uhh... isn't aluminum oxide an INSULATOR? (Whenever people talk about "aluminum" they really mean "aluminum oxide")

At that point, their dirt cheap DC-Buck converters ARE very effective at supplying a 5V 1A (or 500mA) supply; and even though people will yap about how it is the amps that get you, know that a lithium 9V battery CAN supply 1A of current across its prongs; there just isn't enough power output to actually harm you.

Edited by Fel

To help keep this on-topic, here's the free trackpad friendly games I have installed at the moment :)

The Ur Quan Masters.

Cave Story.

Dwarf Fortress

ASCII sector.

OpenTTD

There's many paid games you can use with a trackpad, plus any point n click adventure you care to name, or you could buy a mouse...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.