halp!! docking nodes won't undock!

Launch main craft up. Success!

Launch supplimentry craft up. More Success!

Dock them. Yay! Only took 5quick saves!

Transfer snacks. OK that's easy. But when I try to undock them it works, but the junk is still attached magnetically. What the heck is going on?! Its happened on multiple crafts and the first time it happened I just reverted and used a decoupler on top of the docking port since I was only building. I'm using docking port sr and the 3.75 ones from space y if it matters

Edit: so I went to the tracking station to delete my craft, but I saw it and a "probe", weird huh? OK maybe I can just delete the one I don't want, just need to find out which is which. Switch to one of them, and I see that they are clearly separated and not affecting one another. Deorbit the junk(no monoprop, or electricity for the drone core, but at least its pointed at the velocity vector, the wrong way, but no biggie, I just wait half an orbit, burn a bit, orbit, more burns, until it crashes spectacularly into the ocean) go back to the tracking station and switch to my precious craft

And the game crashes. Oh well, time to sleep anyways. Hopefully it leaves my craft separate and intact. If not then I'll just build it bigger better strong and maybe smarter.

If anyone know why this happened please let me know. Sorry if this would be considered 'spamming'

Edited by mrclucks
it undocked??

Transfer snacks. OK that's easy. But when I try to undock them it works, but the junk is still attached magnetically. What the heck is going on?! Its happened on multiple crafts and the first time it happened I just reverted and used a decoupler on top of the docking port since I was only building. I'm using docking port sr and the 3.75 ones from space y if it matters

You're saying undocking works, so if I understood you right, you can click to undock, but it's still connected? Do they appear as two separate crafts now, or a single craft? (test by trying to switch between them). If they're treated as separate crafts now, what happens if you try to thrust away using RCS? Have you tried turning off SAS?

I have no experience with the 3.75m docking port you're refering to, but provided that they're the same size as the node you're docking to, it should not matter.

PS: I believe i remember hearing about a known bug relating to docking ports. Could someone else confirm or deny this?

Mods are. Remote tech, procedural fairings, interstellar, space y lifters, all of the near future mods, mech jeb, ATM, transfer window planner, atomic age. That should be all of them.

Yeah, I clicked undock and the camera changes focus to the craft I want, but will act as if its part of the craft even when I turn, except I cannot control it unless I switch to the other craft. I quick saved before I undocked and tried multiple combinations of trying to RCS away, engine thrust away, both, trying all three right before I decouple, SAS on/off, RCS on off. Even tried both physical and regular time warp and regular time warp has the ship phasing right through it, only to collide once I come back to 1x and make my craft(or whatever is left) in an uncontrollable spin with both RCS and SAS unable to affect it.

And yes, I'm using the same sized docking port

The fix seems to be (look at the original post's edit) going back to the space center and coming back via tracking station, but I still have to test it out multiple times to see if that's the solution to this glitch

I did forget to mention KJR (silly sleep deprived me). Hopefully that .DLL file will solve everything, thanks harry

Sorry vanamonde, its as much information that is relavent and I also don't have an active internet connection to my computer so log files and video would be rare, if ever posted

I encountered a problem similar to this, and i found a workaround. I remembered this thread when fixing my own problem, so here is the solution to my problem. Maybe it'll work for you too.

My issue was a procedural base fairing and a docking port being launched together. I was unable to pull away from the docking port upon disconnecting (and yes, i know it's not exactly orthodox to have those two connected like that, but i've done it a myriad of times before without this issue)

Edit: so I went to the tracking station to delete my craft, but I saw it and a "probe", weird huh? OK maybe I can just delete the one I don't want, just need to find out which is which. Switch to one of them, and I see that they are clearly separated and not affecting one another. Deorbit the junk(no monoprop, or electricity for the drone core, but at least its pointed at the velocity vector, the wrong way, but no biggie, I just wait half an orbit, burn a bit, orbit, more burns, until it crashes spectacularly into the ocean) go back to the tracking station and switch to my precious craft

And the game crashes. Oh well, time to sleep anyways. Hopefully it leaves my craft separate and intact. If not then I'll just build it bigger better strong and maybe smarter.

If anyone know why this happened please let me know. Sorry if this would be considered 'spamming'

attached magnetically, So you can undock? However you say that they are still together buy there magnetic forces so they have undocked. you just need to thrust away. You could also try swiveling it and spinning it so it's no longer effected, then ditch it if you don't need. Also you say that your game crashes when the part lands, is it large or, more importantly does it have a large part count? then that could be why it crashes. i doubt it's to do with your mods as i know from past experiences crashing things with large part count doesn't help the computers mood.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.