[1.0.5] LightsOut (v0.1.5) - Day/Night Mode in VAB/SPH

nodrog6

• 3 weeks later...

Could I recommend that Module Manager be bundled in the download? I was having issues involving NREs on a stock test game, but when I installed Module Manager, it worked. As such, maybe it should be bundled in the download. If not, at least add something in the OP to state that Module Manager is a dependency.

Could I recommend that Module Manager be bundled in the download? I was having issues involving NREs on a stock test game, but when I installed Module Manager, it worked. As such, maybe it should be bundled in the download. If not, at least add something in the OP to state that Module Manager is a dependency.

ModuleManager is for patching/modifying rocket/spaceplane parts.

LightsOut directly manipulates the VAB/SPH scenes, and to my knowledge does not affect parts in the manner MM does, so I don't see why MM has anything to do with LightsOut.

Perhaps you should post a screenshot and provide log files describing the NRE errors you're experiencing with LightsOut alone.

Here are further details of the problem at hand. Upon entering the editor (either one), no parts are available, the mission flag is represented as one that doesn't exist, and the part list is blank with the subassembly dropzone box at the bottom, mashed with another box. This, and the NullReferenceException, only occurs when playing without ModuleManager. This occurs regardless of whether or not the mod has been activated. Logs are located below.

b2LgjNo.png

With ModuleManager

Without ModuleManager

I am playing stock on a Mac, if that changes anythings

The problem is unrelated to LightsOut - it's a ModuleManager issue.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you completely understand. The issue is with LightsOut WITHOUT ModuleManager, with ModuleManager it works fine. Therefore the issue is almost certainly due to LightsOut.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you completely understand.

File '/Users/[user]/Desktop/KSP

Testing/KSP.app/Contents/../../GameData/ModuleManager.TechTree' does not exist

[EXC 16:42:58.653] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

RDTechTree.LoadTechTree (System.String filePath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1

RDTechTree.ReLoad ()

RDTechTree.PreLoad ()

RDTechTree.FindTech (System.String requiredTechId)

PartListCategories.TechTier.ExclusionCriteria (.AvailablePart aP)

PartCategorizer+

System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[AvailablePart] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2

PartCategorizer.Setup ()

EventVoid.Fire ()

EditorPanels.ShowPartsList ()

EditorLogic.StartEditor (Boolean isRestart)

EditorLogic.Start ()

Please tell me how this is a LightsOut problem, because I just tried to replicate this (stock install with just LightsOut and no MM) and was unsuccessful - all parts loaded fine, flag was normal etc. As the error suggests, this is a ModuleManager problem.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

File '/Users/[user]/Desktop/KSP

Testing/KSP.app/Contents/../../GameData/ModuleManager.TechTree' does not exist

[EXC 16:42:58.653] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

RDTechTree.LoadTechTree (System.String filePath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1

RDTechTree.ReLoad ()

RDTechTree.PreLoad ()

RDTechTree.FindTech (System.String requiredTechId)

PartListCategories.TechTier.ExclusionCriteria (.AvailablePart aP)

PartCategorizer+

System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[AvailablePart] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2

PartCategorizer.Setup ()

EventVoid.Fire ()

EditorPanels.ShowPartsList ()

EditorLogic.StartEditor (Boolean isRestart)

EditorLogic.Start ()

Thanks for posting these logs CommanderSmith - they're very helpful. I saw the same line in the debug output that made me suspicious.

I was able to reproduce the error by creating a new save with ModuleManager installed and then deleting ModuleManager.dll plus the extra files Module Manager creates. It behaves the same on Mac and Windows. Look in your save file (persistent.sfs) and search for "TechTreeUrl = ". If it reads "TechTreeUrl = GameData/ModuleManager.TechTree", I think we've found the source of the error. When you delete ModuleManager and ModuleManager.TechTree, the game save doesn't know what Tech Tree to load. I recommend either starting a new save or installing ModuleManager again. Both solved the issue for me.

As ObsessedWithKSP mentioned, let me know if you have any more issues, but this seems to be ModuleManager issue.

#1 Mod for hardcore Fashion aficionados. Thanks!

Thanks Das! I'm a big fan of the stream. Feel free to try it out live sometime - I'd love to see how it's used in the hands of pro.

Did you know that hotkey "L" interferes with same hotkey from RCS Build Aid?

Configurable key setup in the next version maybe? :)

PS Great little mod by the way! :D

Configurable hotkeys are definitely on my todo list. Hopefully I'll be able to add that feature within the next week or so.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great little mod, much appreciate! :D

Bat is it possible to match VAB/SPH ambient light level with the global ambient? Actually I use Ambient Light Adjustment mod for realistically pitch black space and it will be very handy to see the light effects in my modded environment. :)

Great little mod, much appreciate! :D

Bat is it possible to match VAB/SPH ambient light level with the global ambient? Actually I use Ambient Light Adjustment mod for realistically pitch black space and it will be very handy to see the light effects in my modded environment. :)

That's a good idea. I haven't used Ambient Light Adjustment before, but I'll try it out and see what I can come up with.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.