[1.0.5] LightsOut (v0.1.5) - Day/Night Mode in VAB/SPH

nodrog6

2 hours ago, Gaiiden said:

although it does change to night outside, the interior lighting is still on, but switches to a reddish color

I changed things a little, that was fun :D

https://github.com/kujuman from GitHub already contributed some code to the module, I've integrated his changes with mine and tweaked things a little. Now everythings looks much better.

However I could not fix this creepy red floor in VAB level 3 :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i688qd6ms624vs6/LightsOut.1.1.2.0001.zip?dl=0

Edited by RealGecko

4 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

still not as dark as it used to be, but definitely better! Thanks again for recompile

red lighting is used at night, so in a way it makes sense :P

Green light is prefered for night lighting because it doesn't interfer with your night vision as much. Other colors will change your eye dilation more making it harder to see if/when the light is removed. You will notice that NV equipment tend to use green phosphor displays.

Edited by Vorg

45 minutes ago, Vorg said:

Green light is prefered for night lighting because it doesn't interfer with your night vision as much. Other colors will change your eye dilation more making it harder to see if/when the light is removed. You will notice that NV equipment tend to use green phosphor displays.

http://www.equipped.org/nitevision.htm (first reference called up by Google for "red light green light night")

It's both, but that's getting a bit off topic here :)

Edited by Gaiiden

Hey @RealGecko, could you point me to your source code?  The default "U" hotkey from LightsOut (to toggle all ship lights) conflicts with RCS Build Aid (thruster direction) and JSI Camera (toggle all camera FOV's), so I did a custom compile changing it to "P" instead (which hasn't caused any problems so far).  Would like to do the same with your build.  (Man, I'd love for this mod to have a configurable hotkey)

Edited by Fwiffo

9 hours ago, Fwiffo said:

Hey @RealGecko, could you point me to your source code?  The default "U" hotkey from LightsOut (to toggle all ship lights) conflicts with RCS Build Aid (align highlighted strut) and JSI Camera (toggle all camera FOV's), so I did a custom compile changing it to "P" instead (which hasn't caused any problems so far).  Would like to do the same with your build.  (Man, I'd love for this mod to have a configurable hotkey)

Here's my repo https://github.com/Real-Gecko/LightsOut

@RealGecko Thanks, I grabbed your latest code and made some further changes:

• Incorporate linuxgurugamer's fix to ignore hotkeys when focus is in a text field (e.g. parts search box, craft title box)
  • Change hangar lights hotkey from L to P to avoid conflicts with RCS Build Aid (thruster translation hotkey) and RPM's JSI Camera (toggle all camera FOV's hotkey)

Here's my fork (I'm calling it version 0.1.5.1) if anyone wants it:

http://tinyurl.com/LightsOut-Fwiffo-v0-1-5-1

The ZIP includes the needed GameData files and source code.  It's also available (at least for now) in my personal CKAN repository (CKAN | Settings | CKAN Settings | New | Fwiffos-Dev-Repo | OK).

Edited by Fwiffo
Typo

• 4 weeks later...

@Jimbodiah: The versions modified by RealGecko and Fwiffo (see download links above) work with 1.1.2, with a minor issue: at night, the floor of a fully upgraded (level 3) VAB appears reddish.

This mod is very convenient for fine-tuning lighting on new spacecraft designs - I agree I would miss it if wasn't working :)

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/9/2016 at 6:31 PM, AugustWest said:

I get two buttons in the toolbar using Fwiffo's mod in 1.1.3 Linux 64bit. 

Weird!  Does it happen if you replace mine with the original mod?

I've had the "two button" problem happen before with other mods on KSP x64 on Windows.  Maybe try removing this mod and see if it happens with a different one?  Might be related to load order and which mod is loaded last.

Sorry I can't be of more help - never did solve the "two button" problem myself, although I don't think I've had it happen to me yet with LightsOut.

Edited by Fwiffo

• 1 month later...

Hey @Fwiffo and @RealGecko, thanks for maintaining this mod :) 

Can I ask, is it possible that the hotkey could become an option, even if it's via config file? With the search function in 1.1.2, I am forever searching for things that turn out the lights by accident, which then makes all the thumbnails hard to see. I would be completely happy if the only option was "disable hotkey" too, since I'm fine just clicking the button on the bar :) 

2 hours ago, eddiew said:

Hey @Fwiffo and @RealGecko, thanks for maintaining this mod :) 

Can I ask, is it possible that the hotkey could become an option, even if it's via config file? With the search function in 1.1.2, I am forever searching for things that turn out the lights by accident, which then makes all the thumbnails hard to see. I would be completely happy if the only option was "disable hotkey" too, since I'm fine just clicking the button on the bar :) 

Are you using the one I released?  With it, the hotkey should not activate when you're typing in the parts search textbox.

Does it happen to you in 1.1.3 as well?

BTW it's a great suggestion.  I did consider adding .cfg configurability but didn't have the time to do that when I was recompiling the mod.

9 minutes ago, Fwiffo said:

Are you using the one I released?  With it, the hotkey should not activate when you're typing in the parts search textbox.

I thought I was, but I'll double check ^^;

I also meant 1.1.3... my fingers didn't get enough sleep last night it seems.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @RealGecko! I bet you love this mod as much as we all do :)

You kindly fixed this mod once and gave it a nice polish. I hope you have time to bring it to life once again. Your expertise is unrivaled in this area.

If it happens I think it would be wise to start a new thread since author hasn't been around since May.

Sincerely

10 minutes ago, Enceos said:

If it happens I think it would be wise to start a new thread since author hasn't been around since May.

Oh my, I had two crazy days porting my mods to KSP 1.2 and finally done that few hours ago :D

Actually polishing of the code was done by @Fwiffo, he even published Lights Out to CKAN, which is great.

I thought about proposing him to overtake the mod and help him in maintaining if he wishes. But that won't happen today, cause I'm exhausted :)

5 minutes ago, RealGecko said:

Oh my, I had two crazy days porting my mods to KSP 1.2 and finally done that few hours ago :D

Actually polishing of the code was done by @Fwiffo, he even published Lights Out to CKAN, which is great.

I thought about proposing him to overtake the mod and help him in maintaining if he wishes. But that won't happen today, cause I'm exhausted :)

Yeah I noticed, you did one hell of a job :) I already got 2 of your mods I've never used before.

2 hours ago, RealGecko said:

I thought about proposing him to overtake the mod and help him in maintaining if he wishes. But that won't happen today, cause I'm exhausted

Gratified at the suggestion and wish I had the bandwidth to do that, but at present I don't.

I might be able to jump in and attempt another hotfix if there are problems and someone describes to me what they are.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.