[1.0.5] LightsOut (v0.1.5) - Day/Night Mode in VAB/SPH

nodrog6

I think my codechange to make this mod avoid handling the hotkey while in a text field either didn't get carried into @RealGecko's latest build, or isn't working anymore.

Could someone fire up KSP, enter the VAB, lay down a part, click the part search box, type "p" a couple times, and let me know if the lights flicker?  They do for me.

Edit: I just realized all my other mods are having this problem, too (e.g. EditorExtensionsRedux).  @linuxgurugamer is there something wrong with my KSP or did your awesome workaround code which I've been stealing to do this stop working?

Edited by Fwiffo

22 minutes ago, Fwiffo said:

I think my codechange to make this mod avoid handling the hotkey while in a text field either didn't get carried into @RealGecko's latest build, or isn't working anymore.

Could someone fire up KSP, enter the VAB, lay down a part, click the part search box, type "p" a couple times, and let me know if the lights flicker?  They do for me.

Edit: I just realized all my other mods are having this problem, too (e.g. EditorExtensionsRedux).  @linuxgurugamer is there something wrong with my KSP or did your awesome workaround code which I've been stealing to do this stop working?

Yes, something broken in KSP 1.2. All your changes are preserved :)

4 hours ago, Fwiffo said:

Your code change wouldn't have this effect.  Easy way to tell is to remove EER and test.  The Filter Extensions list is talking about the same thing.

It seems to happen when you have more parts.  I'm beginning to suspect the search code

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, RealGecko said:

I did not test it. I just realised that I haven't started KSP for more than month. persistent.sfs is dated as 2016-12-05 :D

Oh dear.

Well, i'm relatively new to the whole mod thing...i've had nothing but trouble for the last month or so.. Finally got everything back to a semi-working state, and i don't feel like playing guinea pig. All the issues i've been having, have damn near crushed my will to play KSP anymore. I'll pass until i know it works. I do hope it's all good though, this mod looks like it would be invaluable for testing lighting rigs, pre-deployment.

Edited by Numberyellow

11 minutes ago, Numberyellow said:

Oh dear.

Well, i'm relatively new to the whole mod thing...i've had nothing but trouble for the last month or so.. Finally got everything back to a semi-working state, and i don't feel like playing guinea pig. All the issues i've been having, have damn near crushed my will to play KSP anymore. I'll pass until i know it works. I do hope it's all good though, this mod looks like it would be invaluable for testing lighting rigs, pre-deployment.

I bet you did not try version 1.0.5 of KSP, I was able to hold only for three days of crashes before quiting :D:D:D

1 minute ago, RealGecko said:

I bet you did not try version 1.0.5 of KSP, I was able to hold only for three days of crashes before quiting :D:D:D

No, i missed that one. I played back in late 2015...got bored with it, and set it aside. Started watching KSP vids on youtube a couple of months ago. The vids, combined with all the new features in 1.2, re-ignited my interest in the title. Started playing again mid-november, i believe...got really into it, but found some of the stock parts lacking, so i started getting mods. Kept it limited at first...just a few small parts packs, a couple of little tweak mods, that sort of thing.. It was bound to happen; a fatal interaction between mods (with a generous dose of outdated mod/plugin) caused a lot of things to break. Only figured out the solution a week or two ago. And now, due to technical limitations of my gaming rig, i'm looking at having to completely rebuild a plane that took me 50+ hours to develop....i'm not taking any more chances. I'm almost at the point where i don't want to play anymore, because all that time is essentially down the toilet.

I could probably sort the performance issues by picking up a new video card...but i really don't feel like dropping 300 bucks on that right now.

I fear we're getting very much off topic though, eh'?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2017 at 1:51 AM, RealGecko said:

I don't see need for a new thread

you could at least control the version number in the thread title and have your rebuilds in one spot rather than scattered throughout the thread. But I think a Moderator would be able to make changes to the OP if requested. I mean, I know the have the permissions to do so but not sure what their policies are on modifying thread OPs (pretty sure I've seen them change version numbers at least). Also this thread is quiet enough it's pretty easy to find the latest rebuild for whatever new version of KSP is out by starting at the end.

Edited by Drew Kerman

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just discovered this mod after pining for this functionality for a long time.  It's great that I can now turn lights on in the VAB, but I wish the building could be made a lot darker - to more closely match what night looks like when you're actually out there.  Is there a config setting I'm not seeing or is this just as good as we can get?  If there's no way to make it darker, it's not that huge; I can get things very close with the mod as it is and then use Set-Orbit cheats to see how it looks in actual darkness.

Edited by NermNermNerm
typo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.