Cloud configurations for Outer Planets Mod [Last Update: 2015.09.23]

Clouds for Outer Planets Mod

Sigma88 has joined the project and made a ModuleManager config that allows us to combine all configs into one download. The config can determine which CloudMod you have installed and apply only the corresponding configs. If you have any of Sigmas Mod Expansions installed, the config will adjust the color, rotation and auroras to match it.

Download:

KerbalStuff

MEGA:

OPMclouds-0-6.zip

TinyUpload: OPMclouds-0-6.zip

Installation:

Delete older versions!

Open the zip-file and copy the 'GameData' folder into the KSP directory.

Dependency:

Outer Planets Mod

ModuleManager

Supported are the following CloudMods (click on the image for imgur-album):

EVE-7-4

7mUMnF3.jpg

KSPRC

cf9aBVN.jpg

AVP-EoO

j3x7SFt.jpg

AVP-Int

P8hVZc3.jpg

(If you use AVP-Int, make sure to install 'clouds for Eve & Jool').

AVG

(pics will follow)

########## 0-8

- Added support for AVG's Pack

- Empty cloud_layer_packs are now removed

- Reworked Neidon for all packs

- New texture for Neidon added

- Configs for Thatmo and Nisse added

- Reworked Auroras for KSPRC and AVP-EoO

- alpha1.dds replaced with alpha1.png (for volumetric clouds)

########## 0-7

- Surface dust for all non-atmospheric bodys.

- Glow-effects for Pluron and Khato.

- Cloud rings for Urlum.

- DDS-textures.

- MoonGlow for EVE is installed by default again.

########## 0-6

- All configs combined into one pack (thanks sigma :)).

- All configs moved to 'GameData/OPMclouds'.

- Reduced altitude of the Glow-layers.

- Reworked Sarnus.

- Adjusted rotation-speeds.

- Reduced opacity for Auroras with KSPRC.

- Small texture called 'alpha1.png' has been added (4x2 pixel). It's used only with EVE since there is no comparable texture available by default.

- An optional OPM-EVE-MoonGlow.cfg has been added.

- Download from KerbalStuff is now available.

########## 0-5

All:

- Urlums colors adjusted to look more like the OPM texture.

- Urlums CloudLayer heights increased to reduce Z-fighting.

- Glow effects on the GasGiants are 'thicker' to create a smooth transition from planet to space (since there is no AA with OpenGL).

- Tekto config replaced with the original Tekto config from OPM 1.5.5 for AVP-Interstellar to match the concept better. Some small adjustments but it's mostly the original file.

EVE-pack:

- Removed glow-effects on moons to match stock bodys.

KSPRC:

- Reworked old glow-effects on moons to fit the KSPRC-style better.

- Added glow-effects to Hale, Priax and Tal.

AVP-EoO:

AVP-Int:

The config file of each CloudMod is used for the determination. Don't make changes to these files or rename them unless you know what you are doing.

Tekto Lightning:

The lightning on Tekto is compatible to ALL visual packs (EVE, KSPRC, AVP, BA) but one texture from AVP-Interstellar is required (see installation below for details).

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Download from MEGA: OPM-All-TektoLightning-0-1

Download from TinyUpload: OPM-All-TektoLightning-0-1

Installation: Install OPM and the cloud-mod of your choice. Download AVP-Int and open the zip file. Navigate to '4th Step - Optional Features\Extra Features (make sure KSP can run first)\29MB Lightning (Kerbin, Duna, Eve, Laythe)\Step 2\GameData\BoulderCo\Clouds\Textures' and copy the 'lightning.png' to 'KSP/GameData/BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures'. Copy the 'GameData' folder from OPM-All-TektoLightning-0-1.zip into the KSP directory.

Old cloud configs for Outer Planets Mod

Outer Planets Mod with various visual configs:

Outer Planets Mod with Environmental Visual Enhancements:

057gqvl.jpg

Klick on the image to view imgur album.

Download:

MEGA: OPM-EVE-config-0-5

TinyUpload: OPM-EVE-config-0-5

########## 0-4

Imgur album

Download from MEGA: OPM-EVE-config-0-4

########## 0-3

LowRes imgur album - 4K imgur album

Download from TinyUpload: OPM-EVE-config-0-3

Download from MEGA: OPM-EVE-config-0-3

Installation: Install OPM, Kopernicus and EVE-7-4. Copy the 'GameData' folder from the zip file into the KSP directory.

Notes: No auroras. No glow effects on moons.

Outer Planets Mod with KSP Renaissance Compilation:

HKF4Gc5.jpg

Download:

MEGA: OPM-KSPRC-config-0-5

TinyUpload: OPM-KSPRC-config-0-5

########## 0-4

Imgur album

Download from MEGA: OPM-KSPRC-config-0-4

########## 0-3

Download from TinyUpload: OPM-KSPRC-config-0-3

Download from MEGA: OPM-KSPRC-config-0-3

Installation: Install OPM, Kopernicus and KSPRC. Copy the 'GameData' folder from the zip file into the KSP directory.

Outer Planets Mod with Astronomer's Visual Pack - Edge of Oblivion:

ZpBlkmR.jpg

Download:

MEGA: OPM-EoO-config-0-5

TinyUpload: OPM-EoO-config-0-5

########## 0-4

Imgur album

Download from MEGA: OPM-EoO-config-0-4

########## 0-3

Download from TinyUpload: OPM-EoO-config-0-3

Download from MEGA: OPM-EoO-config-0-3

Installation: Install OPM, Kopernicus, EVE-7-4 and AVP-EoO. Copy the 'GameData' folder from the zip file into the KSP directory.

Outer Planets Mod with Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar:

Owlg2k3.jpg

Download:

MEGA: OPM-Int-config-0-5

TinyUpload: OPM-Int-config-0-5

########## 0-4

Imgur album - 4K imgur album

Download from MEGA: OPM-Int-config-0-4

########## 0-4

Download from TinyUpload: OPM-Int-config-0-3

Download from MEGA: OPM-Int-config-0-3

Installation: Install OPM, Kopernicus, EVE and AVP-Int. Make sure 'Auroras' and 'Clouds for Eve & Jool' is installed! Copy the 'GameData' folder from the zip file into the KSP directory.

Outer Planets Mod with a custom configuration:

4K imgur album

Download from TinyUpload: OPM-Ulti-config-0-3

Download from MEGA: OPM-Ulti-config-0-3

Installation: Install OPM, EVE and AVP-EoO. Download AVP-Int and open the zip file. Navigate to '4th Step - Optional Features\Essential Features (still optional though)\Clouds for Eve & Jool\11MB 2K (if you crash with 4K)\GameData\BoulderCo\Clouds\Textures' and copy 'altostratus.png' and 'cirrus.png' to 'GameData\BoulderCo\Clouds\Textures'. Copy the 'GameData' folder from OPM-Ulti-config-0-3.zip into the KSP directory.

Notes: Without the additional textures there will be NO clouds around the GasGiants.

Outer Planets Mod with Better Atmospheres:

Download from MEGA: OPM-BA-config-0-4

Download from TinyUpload: OPM-BA-config-0-3

Download from MEGA: OPM-BA-config-0-3

Installation: Install OPM, EVE and BA. Copy the 'GameData' folder from the zip file into the KSP directory.

Sigma Mod Expansion with various visual configs:

Sigma Mod Expansions with Environmental Visual Enhancements:

Full Bundle & Tilt+Recolor

4K imgur album

Download from TinyUpload: OPM-SME-EVE-config-0-2

Download from MEGA: OPM-SME-EVE-config-0-2

OPM-SME-EVE-config-0-1

Download from TinyUpload:

Download from MEGA: OPM-SME-EVE-config-0-1

Recolor Only

Download from MEGA: OPM-SMERO-EVE-config-0-1

Tilt Only

Download from MEGA: OPM-SMETO-EVE-config-0-1

Installation: Install OPM, ΣME and EVE. Copy the 'GameData' folder from the zip file into the KSP directory.

Notes: No auroras.

Sigma Mod Expansions with KSP Renaissance Compilation:

4K imgur album

Download from TinyUpload: OPM-SME-KSPRC-config-0-1

Download from MEGA: OPM-SME-KSPRC-config-0-1

Recolor Only

Download from MEGA: OPM-SMERO-KSPRC-config-0-1

Tilt Only

Download from MEGA: OPM-SMETO-KSPRC-config-0-2

Installation: Install OPM, ΣME and KSPRC. Copy the 'GameData' folder from the zip file into the KSP directory.

Sigma Mod Expansions with Astronomer's Visual Pack - Edge of Oblivion:

4K imgur album

Download from TinyUpload: OPM-SME-EoO-config-0-1

Download from MEGA: OPM-SME-EoO-config-0-1

Recolor Only

Download from MEGA: OPM-SMERO-EoO-config-0-1

Tilt Only

Download from MEGA: OPM-SMETO-EoO-config-0-2

Installation: Install OPM, ΣME, EVE and AVP-EoO. Copy the 'GameData' folder from the zip file into the KSP directory.

Sigma Mod Expansions with Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar:

Full Bundle

4K imgur album

Download from MEGA: OPM-SME-Int-config-0-2

Download from MEGA:

OPM-SME-Int-config-0-1

Recolor Only

Download from MEGA: OPM-SMERO-Int-config-0-1

Tilt Only

Download from MEGA: OPM-SMETO-Int-config-0-1

Installation: Install OPM, ΣME, EVE and AVP-Int. Copy the 'GameData' folder from the zip file into the KSP directory.

Sigma Mod Expansions with Better Atmospheres:

Full Bundle

Download from MEGA: OPM-SME-BA-config-0-1

Recolor Only

Download from MEGA: OPM-SMERO-Int-config-0-1

Tilt Only

Download from MEGA: OPM-SMETO-Int-config-0-1

Installation: Install OPM, ΣME, EVE and BA. Copy the 'GameData' folder from the zip file into the KSP directory.

Notes for all packs:

- All packs add glow effects around the GasGiants and some of the moons. These configs are seperated from the clouds and can be easily deleted (see Customization below for details). Same is true for auroras (except EVE).

- All configs are designed with and for OpenGL.

Customization:

Navigate to 'GameData/BoulderCo/Clouds' and delete 'OPM-X-Auroras.cfg' (X = used pack, for example 'EVE', 'KSPRC', 'Int', etc.)

Navigate to 'GameData/BoulderCo/Clouds' and delete 'OPM-X-GasGiantsGlow.cfg' (X = used pack, for example 'EVE', 'KSPRC', 'Int', etc.)

Navigate to 'GameData/BoulderCo/Clouds' and delete 'OPM-X-MoonGlow.cfg' (X = used pack, for example 'EVE', 'KSPRC', 'Int', etc.)

Developers:

Eleusis La Arwall

Sigma88

CaptRobau & Eudae55 for OPM and also the EVE-configs from which all packs derived.

Akinesis & Tygoo7 for EVE configs that inspired me.

rbray89 for EVE.

Astronomer for AVP-EoO and AVP-Int.

Proot for KSPRC.

Thesonicgalaxy for BA.

Avera9eJoe for AVG.

sarbian for GCMonitor and ModuleManager.

Thomas P. for Kopernicus.

KGas, Inc for inspiration on the BA config.

Starbuckminsterfullerton for his Tekto Lightning idea and config.

Whovian for the ring-suggestion.

Special thanks to Sigma88 for support and inspiration!

Have a look at all his awesome stuff right here

Special thanks to CaptRobau for support and advice!

License: CC-BY-NC-SA

Edited by Eleusis La Arwall
Updated to version 0-8

DLs don't work for me any chance of using a better site. Like dropbox or Gdrive? Really want the BA configs

Sad to hear that the links don't work for you ;.; I'll have a look for additional hosts. There should be another one by weekend. Sorry for the wait.

Don't expect too much from the BA pack, I need to put more effort into this one. At the moment Tekto works but the GasGiants are more like Jool-clones with a different color.

Awesome looking forward to it. I really like BA because of the memory footprint and the change to atmosphere colors on planets. No more white wash. Hope to see improvements as mentioned though. Thanks.

These are great, but the BA file for Sarnus makes it look green when you zoom out. Really strange! And it is lacking an atmosphere around the egg-shaped moon of Sarnus, too.

Edited by zilfondel

These are great, but the BA file for Sarnus makes it look green when you zoom out. Really strange! And it is lacking an atmosphere around the egg-shaped moon of Sarnus, too.

Glad to hear that you like it. I was not able to reproduce the 'green look'. Could you give me more details (Render, OS, KSP- & Mod-versions, etc.)? A screenshot would be perfect.

I think you are talking about the Glow-effects around Ovok since it does not have any atmosphere. Tried that but the layer is perfectly round and I can't make it oval (if you or someone else knows how to do that please tell me). There would only be glow on the Sarnus-facing side of Ovok and the glow slightly changes the surface color of the body. The result looks really bad because you clearly see where the layer goes beneath the surface.

Another approach would be to make the glow layer big enough to surround the entire body but that looks ridiculous.

If you still want to try it yourself pm me and I'll send you a cfg.

Edit: Some configs have been updated including the BA-config.

Updated some configs

Looks awesome! Are there any plans for a no-tilt ΣME version? If not, that's totally fine and I'll just use one of the non-ΣME editions.
Very nice stuff Eleusis

Makes me very happy that you like the configs :)

ΣME 'Recolor Only' and 'Tilt Only' are planned for tomorrow. Wanted to tidy up the configs for stock OPM a bit before I use them with ΣME.

Eleusis I'm pointing people to this thread for cloud/visual packs. The couple of configs I had in my OP were horribly outdated. This collection is much much better. I hope you don't mind.

A tip for your first post: add links to the mods you're talking about. Makes installation much quicker. Also removes confusion for things like Sigma's mod collection (didn't realize from the beginning that the Greek E stood for his mods).

Eleusis I'm pointing people to this thread for cloud/visual packs. The couple of configs I had in my OP were horribly outdated. This collection is much much better. I hope you don't mind.

A tip for your first post: add links to the mods you're talking about. Makes installation much quicker. Also removes confusion for things like Sigma's mod collection (didn't realize from the beginning that the Greek E stood for his mods).

Technically that's a greek "S" since it's called sigma ;)

Thanks a lot! I don't mind at all. Hope it doesn't sound too weired but I feel actually honored that the configs seem that good :D

Added some links, thanks for the advice.

I've added Recolor Only and Tilt Only for ΣME in the OP. Only tested the EVE configs because I don't have enough diskspace for so much KSP instances (tried to run KSP from a networkdrive but it took over 7 minutes to start).

Thanks a lot! I don't mind at all. Hope it doesn't sound too weired but I feel actually honored that the configs seem that good :D

I've added Recolor Only and Tilt Only for ΣME in the OP. Only tested the EVE configs because I don't have enough diskspace for so much KSP instances (tried to run KSP from a networkdrive but it took over 7 minutes to start).

thank you again :D

you are doing really a great job!

Use a mod switcher like JSGME. It works for KSP and makes loading/unloading mods a lot easier and you wouldn't have to copy the KSP folder all the time. Just install the JSGME.exe into KSP_win and have it generate a mod folder. Then you can put the mods in there (the order is MODS>CloudConfig1>GameData>...). With JSGME.exe you can then move mods into GameData or out of it. It's why I have dozens of mods and even more WIP versions of OPM on only one instance of KSP.

thank you again :D

you are doing really a great job!

You're welcome! Some AVP Interstellar configs will be next.

Use a mod switcher like JSGME. It works for KSP and makes loading/unloading mods a lot easier and you wouldn't have to copy the KSP folder all the time. Just install the JSGME.exe into KSP_win and have it generate a mod folder. Then you can put the mods in there (the order is MODS>CloudConfig1>GameData>...). With JSGME.exe you can then move mods into GameData or out of it. It's why I have dozens of mods and even more WIP versions of OPM on only one instance of KSP.

I wasn't aware that such awesome software exists. It will highly reduce the number of my KSP instances (19 atm). Again thanks a lot for the hint!

A quick test revealed that I accidentally included Urlums Auroras in the Tilt Only release. I'll fix it asap.

Edit: Fixed

Fixed Auroras for Tilt Only configs

Does it handle mods tha overwrite other mods?

If it can it's huge :)

Does it handle mods tha overwrite other mods?

If it can it's huge :)

Yes it does. It warns you if another mod with same folder or file has been loaded before and asks if you are sure to add this one too.

I added OPM 1.6.5 and afterwards the Tilt Only pack. Worked like a charm.

I wasn't aware that such awesome software exists. It will highly reduce the number of my KSP instances (19 atm). Again thanks a lot for the hint!

A quick test revealed that I accidentally included Urlums Auroras in the Tilt Only release. I'll fix it asap.

Edit: Fixed

Glad I could help you out with that.

I should really do a PSA with info on how to use that program, because it's a waste of time if people think that they can only manually manage their mods through multiple instances of KSP or other time-consuming practices.

Linux compatibility?

Hey, you've done a good job here. Thanks for crediting me! I was going to update my AVP file, but it seems like you have everything under control. Plus, with the little free time I have I use it for streaming now. I will soon be heading out to Sarnus and beyond on my stream, and I will be using your AVP file. I'll be sure to give you a shout when that happens :)

Hey, you've done a good job here. Thanks for crediting me! I was going to update my AVP file, but it seems like you have everything under control. Plus, with the little free time I have I use it for streaming now. I will soon be heading out to Sarnus and beyond on my stream, and I will be using your AVP file. I'll be sure to give you a shout when that happens :)

Thanks I'm glad you like it :) I've used and enjoyed your config for a long time. Additionally I derived a reasonable amount of knowlege from the config. To give you credit is least I can do :wink:

I'd love to see your stream! Sadly I have little free time atm :( but if you stream between 6 and 11 PM (GMT+2) send me pm and I'll definitly be there!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.