Cloud configurations for Outer Planets Mod [Last Update: 2015.09.23]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there! First, you're awesome, and these packs are awesome

I'm having a bit of a hiccup right now. I've installed the Astronomer-interstellar cloud pack, and the rings of Sarnus have turned bright white!

What have I done wrong?

Thanks!

The Tekto Lightning file does not appear to be downloadable from Mega. Does anybody else have the same problem?

I had no trouble with the MEGA download, it just takes a while. Anyways I added a 2nd host (TinyUpload) for the Tekto Lightning to the OP and below.

Download from TinyUpload: OPM-All-TektoLightning-0-1

Hello there! First, you're awesome, and these packs are awesome

I'm having a bit of a hiccup right now. I've installed the Astronomer-interstellar cloud pack, and the rings of Sarnus have turned bright white!

What have I done wrong?

Thanks!

Thanks, I'm glad you like it :)

I wasn't able to reproduce your problem in my setup (Windows, OpenGL, KSP x86 1.0.2, OPM1.7-beta2, EVE-7-4). What setup do you use? Are you using other mods? If you do I'd recommend to try a fresh install without other mods.

General stuff: The glow-effects around the OPM Moons are a bit screwed up and from Wal and Tal there is Z-fighting around Urlum. I will fix that in the future but it could take some time.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it

I wasn't able to reproduce your problem in my setup (Windows, OpenGL, KSP x86 1.0.2, OPM1.7-beta2, EVE-7-4). What setup do you use? Are you using other mods? If you do I'd recommend to try a fresh install without other mods.

Hello

My setup is currently Linux (Kubuntu), KSP 64bit 1.0.2, with Outer planets, Interstellar visual pack, EVE and Sigma Mod expansion (only Pluron an Karon)

What's funny is that if I try on Windows, even on the 64 bit version, this doesn't happen

Hello

My setup is currently Linux (Kubuntu), KSP 64bit 1.0.2, with Outer planets, Interstellar visual pack, EVE and Sigma Mod expansion (only Pluron an Karon)

What's funny is that if I try on Windows, even on the 64 bit version, this doesn't happen

Sounds like a case sensitivity error

I'll check my configs since the problem could be there

Are you using the last version of pluronkhato?

Sounds like a case sensitivity error

I'll check my configs since the problem could be there

Are you using the last version of pluronkhato?

Just to check even further, I completely uninstalled outer planets and all the cloud packs, went ahead and redownloaded everythig from scratch, and still got the issue as described

I will now be testing if this happens even with the Sigma recolored and tilted pack, and report back

Just to check even further, I completely uninstalled outer planets and all the cloud packs, went ahead and redownloaded everythig from scratch, and still got the issue as described

I will now be testing if this happens even with the Sigma recolored and tilted pack, and report back

Have you tried without my mods?

Its odd that you have the problem with the pluronkhato expansion. That doesn't change anything about sarnus...

Do you have other mods like advanced texture management? Or maybe texture replacer?

Have you tried without my mods?

Its odd that you have the problem with the pluronkhato expansion. That doesn't change anything about sarnus...

Do you have other mods like advanced texture management? Or maybe texture replacer?

I did, but not on the new testing environment I tried. The issue was present even without Pluronkhato

However, I just tested with the recolor and tilt sigma mod version, and the rings display normally, so I'll be sticking with that

I had no trouble with the MEGA download, it just takes a while. Anyways I added a 2nd host (TinyUpload) for the Tekto Lightning to the OP and below.

Download from TinyUpload: OPM-All-TektoLightning-0-1

Thanks, I'm glad you like it :)

General stuff: The glow-effects around the OPM Moons are a bit screwed up and from Wal and Tal there is Z-fighting around Urlum. I will fix that in the future but it could take some time.

i have issue tekto cloud look like this

FKltVlw.png

When HyperEdit'ing my craft to Tekto orbit (ATM, AVP Int, OPM, SME):

[EXC 06:39:44.890] UnityException: Texture 'BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/detaileve1' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.
Clouds.CloudParticle.Update (UnityEngine.Texture2D tex)
Clouds.VolumeSection.Update ()
Clouds.VolumeManager.Update (Vector3 pos)
Clouds.CloudLayer.UpdateParticleClouds (Vector3 WorldPos)
Clouds.Clouds.Update ()

Lightning works. PlanetShine doesn't (craft is still dark). That file which is referenced in exception is in place, I can see kinda white square when opening it with viewer. What can be wrong? Maybe I'm just over the top RAM-wise?

Edit: yeah, in OpenGL mode there's no exception, but ringed planets are awful (rings are not translucent and are making them partially pink). So I guess that's RAM issue... Grrrrr.

Edited by cipherpunks

When HyperEdit'ing my craft to Tekto orbit (ATM, AVP Int, OPM, SME):
[EXC 06:39:44.890] UnityException: Texture 'BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/detaileve1' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.
Clouds.CloudParticle.Update (UnityEngine.Texture2D tex)
Clouds.VolumeSection.Update ()
Clouds.VolumeManager.Update (Vector3 pos)
Clouds.CloudLayer.UpdateParticleClouds (Vector3 WorldPos)
Clouds.Clouds.Update ()

Lightning works. PlanetShine doesn't (craft is still dark). That file which is referenced in exception is in place, I can see kinda white square when opening it with viewer. What can be wrong? Maybe I'm just over the top RAM-wise?

Edit: yeah, in OpenGL mode there's no exception, but ringed planets are awful (rings are not translucent and are making them partially pink). So I guess that's RAM issue... Grrrrr.

I've read of people reporting the pink error being related to corrupted ATM files

Basically if atm crashes you should delete files with 0 Mb size and probably also the file atm crashed on

Idk if this can help

I for some reason can't seem to get the clouds to show up. Using the interstellar version. Have everything installed they just seem to not want to load for some reason.

Only discrepancy i can spot is that your download for interstellar doesnt say v2, Possibly thats why?

Edit : Turns out i had a .cfg file from KSRPC in there as well and the saved cloud configurations somehow messed it up, removing them and leaving the identical default section fixed the problem.

Edited by Subcidal

• 4 weeks later...
I can't get clouds to show up at all. Using EVE config for simplicity. Regular EVE mod works but config doesn't. Running 64-bit computer and 32-bit ksp.

So you see the clouds around the stock bodys but not around the Outer Planets? Do you use EVE 7-4 ? The Overhaul is not supported at the moment. The configs and textures should look like this. If one of the shown textures is not located in 'GameData/BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures' it is possible that no clouds will show up around the Outer Planets.

Sorry I took so long. First and second question: yes. I also don't use the overhaul. The only difference (probably should have mentioned this in my first post) is that I have duna sand storms installed: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55905-0-23-5-7-1-EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-NEW%21-VolumetricClouds%21?p=1070777&viewfull=1#post1070777

Going to test to see if that is the problem soon. Thanks for the help.

I got it to work :D. Turns out the problem was the tekto lighting which I assumed wouldn't be a problem (stupid me, also I don't care much for the lighting anyway so no big deal). Duna sandstorms is also compatible.

Configs for EVE, KSPRC, AVP-EoO and AVP-Int updated!

Outer Planets Mod with Environmental Visual Enhancements:

057gqvl.jpg

Klick on the image to view imgur album.

Download:

MEGA: OPM-EVE-config-0-5

TinyUpload: OPM-EVE-config-0-5

Installation: Install OPM, Kopernicus and EVE-7-4. Copy the 'GameData' folder from the zip file into the KSP directory.

Notes: No auroras. No glow effects on moons.

Outer Planets Mod with KSP Renaissance Compilation:

HKF4Gc5.jpg

Download:

MEGA: OPM-KSPRC-config-0-5

TinyUpload: OPM-KSPRC-config-0-5

Installation: Install OPM, Kopernicus and KSPRC. Copy the 'GameData' folder from the zip file into the KSP directory.

Outer Planets Mod with Astronomer's Visual Pack - Edge of Oblivion:

ZpBlkmR.jpg

Download:

MEGA: OPM-EoO-config-0-5

TinyUpload: OPM-EoO-config-0-5

Installation: Install OPM, Kopernicus, EVE-7-4 and AVP-EoO. Copy the 'GameData' folder from the zip file into the KSP directory.

Outer Planets Mod with Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar:

Owlg2k3.jpg

Download:

MEGA: OPM-Int-config-0-5

TinyUpload: OPM-Int-config-0-5

Installation: Install OPM, Kopernicus, EVE-7-4 and AVP-Int. Make sure 'Auroras' and 'Clouds for Eve & Jool' is installed! Copy the 'GameData' folder from the zip file into the KSP directory.

########## 0-5

All:

- Urlums colors adjusted to look more like the OPM texture.

- Urlums CloudLayer heights increased to reduce Z-fighting.

- Glow effects on the GasGiants are 'thicker' to create a smooth transition from planet to space (since there is no AA with OpenGL).

- Tekto config replaced with the original Tekto config from OPM 1.5.5 for AVP-Interstellar to match the concept better. Some small adjustments but it's mostly the original file.

EVE-pack:

- Removed glow-effects on moons to match stock bodys.

KSPRC:

- Reworked old glow-effects on moons to fit the KSPRC-style better.

- Added glow-effects to Hale, Priax and Tal.

AVP-EoO:

AVP-Int:

I plan to update the configs for Sigma Mod Expansion (full version) next. Like OPM I'll start with EVE, KSPRC, EoO and Int.

If there is interest in updated/modified BA configs please pm me or leave a comment. Otherwise they will not be updated.

the issue is i was landing tekto weird clouds lines going on

I assume you see something like this. I don't know why it happens sometimes but there is an easy fix for that:

1. Press ' m ' to enter map-mode.

2. Press ' Alt + N ' to bring up EVEs config-window.

3. Klick on ' Reset to Save ' (needs to be done in map-view!).

4. Press ' m ' again to exit mapview and the clouds should be normal.

Hope this helps, but if not or this is not the problem you encounter, tell me. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.