What will you do first in 1.0?

Baconation

At first? I'll probably have a terrible time re-learning how to build rockets and planes now that the air flows the way it should. But after that, I'm going to seriously consider broadening my space program to include interplanetary explorations.

My kerbal equivalent of the Delta II rocket.

I already tried this in 0.25 but I could never get the engine fuel flow to expend the way I wanted without manually disabling it for each engine... and it wasn't possible to action-group it. I had gotten the 9 boosters okay tho. The problem is that the small liquid fuel boosters where dumping into the main fuel tank from the get go, and I didn't want that. But if I didn't put a fuel line, I couldn't activate the transfer later.

Still with the new aero, it might be worth a re-try. If I cannot make it work, I'll ask 5th Horseman (or the forum) for help =)

What's not to like about the Delta-II ?

585239main_grail_onpad20110908-full.jpg

I'll probably stick a capsule on an SRB and hit that first mission target of 10km or whatever it is.

After that, grind my way through the science tree.

Then I'll be looking to build an SSTO with the Mk3 parts, that can put an orange tank into orbit.

Test out some of the changes while I wait for roverdude to make his awesome mods work....

And then go back to 0.9 while i wait for the rest of the mods I will still want.. TAC-LS, Remotetech, etc...

Should not be much of a wait ;) I try to have my stuff ready to go pretty briskly post-release.

Oh... and I'll be launching a new life support mod with 1.0 :P

Should not be much of a wait ;) I try to have my stuff ready to go pretty briskly post-release.

Oh... and I'll be launching a new life support mod with 1.0 :P

You are a MACHINE :confused:

will definetly get it, especially if the tanks for resources (O2, Food, H20, etc) have visually interesting and unique models (ie: not boring, hard to differentiate flat tubes (ala TACLS)).

What will you do first in 1.0?

Learn the new aero model. Many of my rocket, spacecraft, and mission designs are based on aerodynamic simulations that I perform outside of the game. I'll have to learn how the new aero model works, modify my simulations, and develop new design guidelines.

That is something you would expect, isn't it? We'll see. I'm still not convinced Squad's idea of "1.0" is the same as everyone else's.

So the first thing you would do is... Wait for version 1.0.1 to patch game breaking bugs on launch :(

Me... I'd probably play for half an hour before I start shoving mods and tweaks up the engine's arse again... and laugh at the x64 gripes about how the game crashes every 30 min... but people keep playing.

1) Re-optimize my SPH atmo craft files and spaceplanes for the new aero-model; learn the new aero-model and build tools/GUI

2) Restart career mode with the new tech tree, contracts, space center Tier, parts, re-balance, and whatever else has been added :D

3) Explosions....and then for a change of pace, more explosions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.